Summer Seasonal Outside Issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Jelly Bean, Jun 28, 2017.

1. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

With the lack of a participative population for the new content and the seasonal, one can wonder if the generator cogs could have the same 'noobness' added to them since there are a crap ton of ads that attack us and makes the outside very annoying to complete. Our shields our 25,000 health and break in 3 hits, our damage can't split, so the only thing to do is to add it to the cogs as well.

There are lots of boats out there, and I hardly see anyone anymore. So the mechanic was fine if multiple people per boat so the aggro was directed elsewhere, but now it's just 'f it, I do inside only'. (Inside is for another thread).

So yea you try soloing a boat with constant ads spawning on and NEXT to you instantly hitting you and it's just a beach to get it done.

I'm not calling for a nerf, I'm calling for seasonal consistency difficulty smoothness due to game pop and skill level.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I just gave up on the dailies outside of my main toon, they aren't worth the tedious effort.

I have no problems disabling the Cogs/Generators. My main beef with these dailies is that it's so hard to get one of the Multineers killed because if you don't do enough damage to them, you won't get credit even if you hit them once.

And for me at least on the Heroes side, There's like 5 to 10 people spawn killing the adds which forces you to get really lucky or go on Another Ship just to kill them.

This seasonal is backwards compared to everything else, The Alert is fine; the dailies are the annoying factor.
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Having run it everyday on 10+ characters, I usually travel away from players on purpose as it makes it easier IMO to finish the mission.
    I use shields during the generators part of the outside mission which help grab them without interruption, and with the repel mutineers part being separated from players makes it much easier to insure you get credit for them.

However, I do agree that it can be very annoying at times and it is the least enjoyable part of the seasonal for me. So I would not mind at all if they decreased the spawn rate of enemies while doing the generators part and increased the spawn rate of the enemies and decrease the amount of hits needed to get credit while doing the repel mutineers part. :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Block => Get Immunities => Hit the Cog.
    • Like x 1
  5. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

I have the opposite complaint, there are too many people doing it and not getting credit (at least for the 15 mutineers portion).
    • Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Thats because everyone goes to the closest ships. If you go the furthest, the ships are full of mutineers.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I just use distract. Usually off cooldown each time the shield drops on the thingy.

I'm just doing the one character this year. This event is the worst out of all of them, but at least the instance got nerfed and all three can be hit by one acro person...
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

Wow. Either things have really changed, or some people have no clue what their doing.

I used to pray for there to be NO other players on the boats.

Hint: always have Pistols in your inventory. Especially for Seasonals (also the Vault).
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I use Dual Wield to Flurry Shot. Works really well. I found dual pistols annoying since full auto usually does 0 damage most of the time. Something probably related to lag or something.
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I have managed to grab all 3 with all movement modes, you just have to be fast enough to do so.
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, but an acro doesn't have to be. ;) ZIP ZIP ZIP

But I believe you, flight probably the hardest due to being able to walk faster than fly when in combat stance. lol
    • Like x 2
  12. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, acro makes look easy for sure. But when I run it I get closer to one as that part of the battle nears, then grab it and zoom to the others asap with others sometimes getting them also the mission is over pretty quickly.
    • Like x 1
  13. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

try the PvP server. There is never anyone there anymore and easy to get them killed.

However I too can't deny how tedious the whole act is, and what my reward is. I literally stopped bothering and I don't even have the rewards yet. :/
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is the second thread for the Summer seasonal that is talking about how improbable it is to solo the open world part of it, which is truly sad that people believe this.

I will admit that I hate this event for the never ending mobs, it seems to be designed to totally piss you off.

That said, I have been doing this event since the year it was introduced and have always done it solo. I would even go out to specific boats where very few people ever go just to be left in peace. As long as you take your time, start at one of the ends, take out most of the mobs first you do just fine.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

One thing I've found helpful is this:

Inside mission: 5 currency for 3 minutes.
    Outside mission: 5 currency for 7-9 minutes.

Just run inside mission on 2 toons and you save tons of time. Or, in my case, run inside mission on 10 toons and it's the same as running the whole thing on 5, but in a breeze. Plus, more chance of collections.
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

With Seasonals, one hit = one damage.

Using anything BUT Pistols is just tedious and annoying. Even more so if you try and use Powers.

Just mow down everything with Pistols.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, but again, whenever I tried to use DP it would just do 0 damage. It does knock them back, but 0 damage. Also some dots are very useful. Cfoam is good, so is debris field. I get it done pretty quickly. Distract is my friend! :D
  18. vespa neo Active Player

i have found that the healer/troll brawl weapon mastery to shuriken storm works really well with these adds
    • Like x 1
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

That's really odd. I always used DP for the last 5 years. Never once had a zero damage issue.

It's the fastest way to complete Seasonal content (outside).
  20. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Cant even do aoe dmg to more than 2 enemies at a time. if It 3 or more enemies in aoe, none take any damage since it splits and rounds damage to zero.