Summer event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darth_paul, Jun 20, 2015.

1. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I can see the ships in the water in Metropolis right now, but there are no NPCs. Anyone have any idea why?
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Because,it's still not summer
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

last year we got to keep the empty ships for a few months after the end of the event.
    • Like x 1
  4. VintageWine Dedicated Player

Hey now! The Atlanteans forgot their ships, but when they realized they remembered how much fun we had so they decided to leave their ships there for awhile so we could have fun! :D I hope they forget their ships again. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Over the life of the Summer event (this year being it's 3rd), the boats have proven to have a mind of their own.

Getting rid of them has seemed to be the hardest, last year I believe they stuck around through August. But they have been coming ashore early as well.
    • Like x 2
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It is now!! Can I haz the Summer Event?

[IMG]

Hehe...all joking aside it is Summer as of today so they'll probably be putting the Event in on Monday or Tuesday.
    • Like x 2
  7. Humane Committed Player

I was sure it would be released with the GU, I guess I was wrong. It's not like they have to develop anything for it.
  8. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

My body is ready!
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Ocean Master has been randomly selected for a TSA screening at Metro airport, so everyone is below decks waiting for him to clear.
    • Like x 1
  10. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Yes but it wasn't officially summer until today. Why would they release the summer event in spring?
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Be nice if for summer event they give us beach ball in the market place. :p
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It's a timing thing. The event is meant more for July which is thought of as the heart of the Summer. The last GU came out to early to fit into the proper timeline.

There is also the thing that this event is another of those events (Spring, Winter) that are for a real life holidays that not everyone celebrates, for various reasons. So they put it in the time frame but made it more of a general Summer thing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Question to any testers out there:. Is there anything new besides that aura?. I'm curious to what styles, and maybe feats there maybe for the summer event this year. Thanks for letting me know in advance. Looking forward to it.
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That info has been posted by many people over the past few weeks.

Go check out the Testing Feedback section, BRITTNEY has all the pic just a few posts into it.
    • Like x 1
  15. VintageWine Dedicated Player

It's summer where's the event? :(

When are we going to get the event? I'm assuming sometime this week since summer started today.

Edit - Just curious are we getting anything new for this event or no?