Suggestions to improve gameplay

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Celis, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Celis Active Player

Hello everyone! It's Celis <3 I'm here because I have a suggestions/ideas for the gameplay and make DCUO better.

1. Feat "notification"
    When you're doing a mission, instance, event, or you're somewhere specific, the games gives you a "notification" where it displays the feats available that you can do in the mission or area you're in, like if it were a extra objective.

Normally, the new players don't get to know about feats, what they are for , their rewards, etc, and they just play the game without caring about that, just like what happended to me. So then, when they advance to the higher leagues, they don't have the amount of skill points they should have, because they never knew of their existence. That's why I suggest this idea. Besides, it's alot easier than opening the Deeds menu.. going to the Feat Tab, scroll all the way and search that one feat you want to do

2. Make broker searches easier
    If you are looking for a specific collection, instead of searching for the pieces you need left for the collection one by one, you search for the name of the collection itself and it will show you all of the pieces at once.

For example, let's say there's a collection called "Collection 1", and it's divided in 8 pieces. I need 5 of those pieces to complete the collection. Instead of searching for those 5 pieces one by one, I just type "Collection 1" and it shows me all the collections I need to complete it. Maybe the same could apply to other things

3. More animations
    For example, talking emotes/animations.
    [IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

4. A third hairstyle pack
    We all love new hairstyles.

5. More Legends for PVP.
    Check my forum: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pvp-ideas.252458/
    • Like x 2
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

From what has been gathered over the years, it seems things like adding emotes are not something that's plausible on a permanent basis. What there is now seems to be so deeply hardwired into the system that they cant mess with it. I would definitely love a facepalm emote and for the forum as well.

Thankfully they have brought us new hairstyles, with Bombshells, Amazon and some others, in the past two years. For five years we only had the basic styles, so I am grateful they have done what they have but yes more is always welcome.

It was said that Legends are on hold for awhile but at some point they will make more. Most likely after the revamp is finished and live they might look into it.
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

1. definitely think this would be a plus. It has been years since I was that new player just off Brainiac's ship but I had to go back after tons of feats once I discovered they existed and what they were for. Hey even for the vet players.. Do not tell me that every single older player has every single feat every single mission offers up... Because I've been around five years and I still have to check to see what I can grab doing stuff.

2. I like this idea... Could get interesting trying to sift through a ton of stuff you don't need.... But would make it quicker in many cases.

3. Okay I KNOW the response this will get.. We have a ton of glitches that need fixed before they do anything like that. Which is not untrue... BUT face facts a lot of what they do now is based on "can we make money on this?" OKAY .. throw together an emote PACK and sell the thing on the market. Those that like them will grab it up and those that could care less... WONT. LOL funny thing.. I was exobit hunting ion Go0tham right before I logged off and had the sound track from Guardians of the Galaxy2 on and made a joke about needing better dance moves because "The White boy shuffle just was not cutting it"

4. I have bought every hair style pack they every put together.. I'm in!

5. Hey I am not into PvP so no real feelings on this one.. but I do know the PvP community feels like they have been ignored for ages. ANYTHING that helps them feel less like the red headed step child can not be a bad thing.
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

1. I like this idea. It saves time from someone pulling up the feat and reading it to the group. The feat is right there to the side of the screen just like an objective. I would like it more if you could have the option to turn these objectives on/off in the settings. Also the option instead of showing ALL the feats from that instance as objectives, it only shows the feats you're missing. So if someone were to ask "Hey does anyone need [insert feat]?" you can quickly scan the list and see if you've completed it or not.

2. If they could pull this off I would also like:
    a. Search by style name in both Style and Armor sections of the broker.
    b. Base items divided into Floor, Ceiling and Wall subsections.
    c. The option to search for items by DLC/Episode/Event/Seasonal/SM

3. I would prefer new personalities.

4. Some male specific hairstyle packs would be awesome. New long hair styles for men that don't clip out of the side of headgear. Separate facial hair from hair styles.

5. Still waiting on Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Superboy, Zatanna, Dr. Psycho, The Spectre, Eclipso, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Scarecrow, Riddler, Gorilla Grodd, Queen Zazzala, Brainiac, Weather Wizard, Trickster, Professor Zoom, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Pied Piper, Abra Kadabra, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, Top, Black Lightning, Static Shock, Kid Flash, Ultra Humanite, Bruno Manheim, Batwoman, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Chang Tzu, Booster Gold, Major Force, Doomsday, Krona, Queen Mera, Vice, Bleez, Metallo, Fatality, Carrol Ferris, Hank Henshaw, Lyssa Drak, Parasite, Mr. Freeze, Ra's al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, Big Barda, Brother Blood.... OMG THE LIST GOES ON
  5. the solowing Unwavering Player

it surprises me on how little this game was future-proofed...like how far ahead were they thinking?
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I absolutely agree. As I have now began the vast journey of feat hunting I realize that they need a better system for this. There should really be a way to track the feats. An extra tab in the journal would make this much easier. Place a limit on it, let people add like 10 feats to the tab at a time, and then let them track them 1 by 1 but with progress on the side of the screen as if it were the objective of a mission/side mission. Maybe even treat it like a side mission where after a bit of being inactive it leaves but then comes back when progress is made. Anything would beat the current system of opening the deeds menu, opening the feats menu, scrolling through everything to find it, checking your progress to make sure that you are doing the right thing, and then repeat or blindly keep going hoping for the best. Everything else you mentioned was also a good point, but this one is definitely something I have been wishing for the last few weeks.
  7. Meractus Level 30

1 - Loved that idea. It could be on the screen like some suggested above, or it could be on the instance scoreboard as a new tab (there is already a tab for dmg, power, etc, and other tab with instance info/reset options).

2 - They could also maybe add subtabs in the collections tab to separate them per episode or something like that.

3, 4, 5 - Agree with those points, nothing to add that other people haven't said already.

I'd like to suggest something of my own. I'm not the first person to addres this, but I share the same opinion:

6 - Visible style name on unattuned gear and on base items:
    It really pains me to have to check the internet when loot pops so I can identify wich style is the piece I just got. I also have to check my feat tab, roll and check if I don't have that specific piece of that style already.
    • Like x 1
  8. MastaMind Dedicated Player

That is also a dang good one. I am in the lucky spot of being able to salvage whatever I get regardless, but it definitely sucks to give up a good base item/etc while taking a gamble that it is a style that I already have. I know that many have been around long enough to know what is what, but it would definitely be nice for the masses who don't know what is what.
  9. quirkers Well-Known Player

Feats:
    In additions, I would like the ability to pin feats, maybe up to 5, to the screen. It would help with feats that are numerically based and help limit the amount of back and forth to check its progress.

Broker:
    I agree, need better broker filters for collections, gears and so forth.
  10. xxxWonderxManxxx New Player

I like the idea, I would also;
    1) more epic music for the battle
    2)more skin/faces to men and women