Suggestions for quality of life improvements

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

The biggest thing I wish they would do.... Make a friends chat channel. I have alot of people on my friends list... It would be nice to have if they could change the add friend to friendslist command /addfriend and make /friend a chat channel that goes to everyone in your friends list. That way, if I need a healer, I don't have to go one by one to ask.

I know there is a problem with this where if they respond it would be going to their friends list....and their friends would be getting one side of the conversation.

Would be helpful thou.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Would a Custom Chat channel and telling those friends about it not be of the same usage?
    • Like x 9
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

This right here.
    • Like x 1
  4. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

As you meant to say, we don't have same friends with others.
    But it can be done differently, if they add a "Tell All" option at the top of the names list that sends what you want to all of them, and also has a fast chat option that opens a list of sentences.
    It's an improvement for the game but not necessary when we can make a voice chat to invite whoever we want and tell em whatever we want such as "Help Request".
  5. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I add people to my friends list that are good players and that I que into things alot with. If I play and see your name in the team list often enough, then I'll add you. I have too many people in my friends list to ask them one by one to join a channel they may or may not join.

I also wish I could mass delete as I have alot of people on my friend list that do not play anymore.
    • Like x 1
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I dont think that's possible with teh current system.

You can friend everyone, but not all of them friend you back. So it is not really that a consistent chatroom could be created, because it would be different for each single player, not groups of friends... that's a lot of rooms...
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

^^ I agree on this very much, so many people I don't remember on my main, they need to add a multiple select option to remove off friends list

And if technically possible, what role/power they are or to be able to note where u met them
  8. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Yeah, Quality of Life improvements - aka QoL

List CR on the log in screen.

Sort the Warfronts Teleporter by CR rather than alphabetically.

Sort the list of bases in the map screen alphabetically by player name.

Sort the list of friends in the generator (or whatever) in bases (for giving access) by the player name so they stay in place and don't jump around when assigning options.

Make a list of content name/zones by CR - I've searched for it on the internet and can' find it. Seems like a great tool for players.

Remove the necessity to place Amenities at Amenities points. The only reason I can think that this is in place is to limit the number of Amenities that can be place in a base. There must be a away to keep track of the number of Amenties that can be placed in a base other than limiting it by only allowing them to be placed in certain locations. I guess this an Alt-oholic or RPG'r gripe. I want to be able to personalize my bases more and it's hard to do it with the Amenity placement restrictions.

Get rid of the need to unlock free-placement in bases. Having this restriction really does nothing for the game other than intentionally making players have to unlock it before they can place items the way that they want. (btw - I have come to hate that diner clock and Deco lamp.

When using a teleporter at another characters base - have the teleporter options be those of the character that created the base. This is to say if I take MyAlt23 into my ALTmain's base, that MyAlt23 has the teleport options that were installed by ALTmain. (maybe this is fixed by league bases. I don't know. I don't league up in this game any more. Never worked out for me. I'm too much of an Alt jumper.) This allows a player with multiple characters to utilize multiple bases for varied teleportation options. It also allows a player to give alternate teleporter destination options to their friends.

Drop the cost of alternate base styles to 500 DBC or less. I'm prone to believe that anything in the Marketplace that is priced at 500 DBC or lower is going to be more prone to sell and, therefore, increase profits. I'm sure the system is tracking how much DBC is spent and not by origin. Players that are All Access only get 500 DBG per month. They are more likely to spend it on something that they can buy right away other than saving up - and this isn't the only All Access game. The other games are working the use of placing items for sale at under 500 DBC. (And this is coming from someone that used All Access rewards to unlock all the available character slots for DCUO - and several for other All Access games as well.)

Link a power to the Map Screen teleporter/zoning out. This way when a character teleports out (or get pulled into an instance) a power FX goes off rather than the character simply disappearing. This isn't just QoL but making the game "cooler" by doing something "flashy".
    • Like x 1
  9. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

oh, yeah, an a personal notes screen for each character.
    I know it might be an issue if you let people write origins that other people can see, because that could lead to all kinds of issues because the kind of things that some people would put in something that other people could see.

That's why I'm saying make it personal.

Why?

I'm an Alt-oholic.
    When I get some plan for a character I might forget by the time I get back.
    with the ability of even a 256 character field, I could leave myself a message to remember my plan for that character - some goal I'm working on or gear that I've been looking to get at a decent price from the broker - who knows.

it's just easier to do it then making notes outside of the game.
    I seriously wish that all games had this function.

It's kind of like my pet-want versus my pet-peeve about game designers using Num-Lock key as a default keybind.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

sounds like there's a lot of room for abuse, adds heaps of friends, starts spamming friends with messages... yeah I can see that becoming somewhat undesirable.
    • Like x 1
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Here's a big improvement regarding catalysts. Right now there is one box you buy from Constantine. When you need catalysts for a breakthrough, you have to open the correct number of these boxes and choose the breakthrough rank, then open each breakthrough rank box and select the appropriate number of each catalyst inside. So that's 4 clicks per catalyst and if you need 22 catalysts for a breakthrough, that's 88 clicks overall with many chances to pick the wrong thing somewhere.

My suggestion, if you have enough catalyst boxes from Constantine, when you select a breakthrough rank you get the option to have boxes auto opened to give you a full set of catalysts for the breakthrough. So if you need 22 catalysts for a breakthrough, and you have at least 22 catalysts boxes, you would only have 3 clicks (open the box, select a rank, confirm you want a full set of catalysts). This reduces the time needed when you are ready for your next breakthrough significantly and reduces the possibility of an error when selecting your catalysts.

The only error being selecting the wrong rank, which should only be likely for the cola artifact. So it would also be a good idea to add which rank breakthrough catalyst are used for the different ranks of the cola artifact in the tool tip. Something like "(8) uses rank 160 catalyst", or even just adding the breakthrough rank to the catalyst tool tip (which you can see when you are approaching a breakthrough) if it isn't already there. Right now I believe you either have to know which rank catalysts to use for the cola, or waste boxes trying to find the right set of catalysts.
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

They would only get messages if you are in their friends list also. That would solve that.
  13. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Don't know where to put this but it would be nice if the Devs made it so when we create our own league we can add our other toons without having to ask someone to join just for that.
    • Like x 1
  14. Brit Loyal Player

I would like it if the permission to move items in my Lair actually let people place and move items from my furniture listings, rather that only allowing them to wiggle it within 6 inches of wherever I place it. I have a TON of base furniture and would like to actually have a decorated base for my Lair Battles PvP, but I just do not have the patience to play Barbie Dreamhouse and manually place everything in an aestetically pleasing way.

Getting an interior designer to decorate it for me is something I would gladly pay in-game currency for, but I can't, because the current system won't actually let people decorate for you, even if you give them the permissions.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Would be nice, personally, if, with each weapon type, we could set the colour separately
    For me, every character has two different weapons, and sometimes, the scheme for one doesn't work as well for another

It's able to remember what style you want when you swap, would just be nice to be able to lock in a different colour scheme as well

Cyana just got the Thanagarian Pistols and Tech Rifle from Loot Boxes, and would like to be able to 'tone down' the glow on the pistols, while retaining the glow on the rifle, as it is now, it's one or the other (unless want to take the time to change the scheme every time)