Suggestions for Fire DPS?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rodneygarcia1421, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Rodneygarcia1421 New Player

So I been fire for about a week now, I been creating pretty much decent load outs. I’m CR 289, I have 177 SP and 3 artifacts but one is only lvl 100 lmao. But I feel like I do out DPS who are higher than me but Ofc we end having those people that blow me out by 20 mil when I did about 30mil damage lmao. But I know the whole fact about more SP and maxing your art in order to actually maximize your damage but I been wondering with Fire should I just continue focusing on might based. Or tweak with a lil bit of Prec for my weapon. I been running around a loop on how I’m able to maximize my damage but hey I only have 177 sp and one art that’s barely lvl 100. I just feel at the lvl I’m still at I should be able to do more. Like basically I wanna maximize the damage at my level while I get more SP and rank up my art. Sorry but one last thing. Any suggestions on a art that would be good for fire?
  2. The Franchise New Player

Really depends on if you want to be Supercharge/Might DPS Build or Might DPS Build

For Supercharge/Might DPS Build you want Scrap,Tetra,Solar

For Might DPS Build you want Tetra,Solar,Trans Card

Fire DPS is more range than melee so Prec would be useless because Mass Detonation one of your highest damaging moves is range.

At the end of the day to truly maximize anything you need SP>Arts>Augs/Impants>Gear
  3. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Tetra isn't a bad choice if you have 400+ skill points. From my experience most stay away from it because they dont want to buff any other dps but themselve. But for the most part I agree with you.
  5. L T Devoted Player

Someone in the group should always be running with a Tetra, unless all the DPS are precision.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Prec is not useless for fire at all. Not sure who told you that but it’s not true.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Most groups will not run that for the reasons stated previously. Why help the other dps out dps you? Lol. Not saying it’s right by any means but that’s how it works unfortunately.

Tetra is actually a very strong artifact. And someone should definitely use it in the group because it’s a strong buff. Unfortunately because of the large volume of great artifacts most will not sacrifice a slot to run a group buff. With so many combinations it’s hard to make room for it.

Solar and stone give great stats
    Trans and strat are great for crits
    Gemini and solar a great for SC builds
    Grim and la mort are great for ST bosses (alone with solar)
    With so many artifacts to choose from it’s hard to switch out anything. Now, if you know you are the lowest dps in the group and are ok with that than running tetra is a great way for you to help the group out with buffs.
  8. Dannyro19 Active Player

So what's the consensus on fire DPS artifacts? I've been running solar, tetra, and grim
    • Like x 1
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Someone above mentioned using Tetra with 400+SP. Personally, I wouldn't suggest Tetra at this point, for the OP: with 177sp, you gotta get crits (60sp) plus one for super or hybrid. One for heat vision, from solar amp, there's only 165sp to work with.
    I would suggest solar, grim, strat or la mort if using finisher.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For Single Target I'm using Eye of Gemini, Solar Amp and Soul Cloak. For Multi Target I'm using Eye of Gemini, Soul Cloak and Grimorium. I may at some point in the future drop Grimorium and Soul Cloak for Transformation and/or Strategist.
  11. Dannyro19 Active Player

So with those arts your clearly using some kind of fire supercharge, curious which one is it? I generally do not use supercharges on offense which makes the strategist appealing to me.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've been using Fireball Barrage for both loadouts but recently started playing around with Neo-Venom for multitarget.
  13. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Alot of bad information in this thread. So I was a big fan of tetra, even when other people had said it was trash. It's not trash but during 2x xp I leveled a strat card to test them both out. Damage was about the same. 65 to 75 on 3 targets and low 40s on single target at cr 302. I would drop the tetra and just run solar, trans, and strat. I dont run into alot of might dps anymore unless their nature so why buff the nature dps who is going to poop on your damage anyways?
  14. Dannyro19 Active Player

So this is another factor for me. I'm a tank first, so Iget all tank gear first and use it on my DPS until I get equally level DPS gear. Truthfully I love the extra health it gives because it doesn't make me as squishy in DPS role, but I've been hammered about it in some groups hehe. But this might go really well with tank gear to DPS with as I sometimes do. Believe it or not I'm not usually the lowest DPS output. Anyhow...thoughts welcome even if they're harsh
  15. spikeat Well-Known Player

For Single Target I'm using Solar Amp, La Mort and Transformation.

For Multi Target I'm using Transformation, Strategist and Solar Amp.