Suggestion: Make Renown Account bound

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Just as the tittle says.
    Feel free to comment.
    • Like x 7
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I agree, especially with all the older elite styles and alt characters.

But alas, you will probably get targeted by a few choice members of the elite community.
    • Like x 4
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’m in the account bound camp deep. Why stop there, make cash, all currencies, styles, skill points, and Allie’s progression account bound. We spend the money once, we shouldn’t have to spend it numerous times. Oh and artifacts make those mfrs account wide. Still have to build up for each role but at least you could dps any power once you have em.
    • Like x 4
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

You can already unlock the feats and/or styles. Why do we need this?
    • Like x 2
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

You can buy spending replay badges. Spending real money to unlock stuff we’ve already unlocked once. I’m not saying it’s a popular opinion lol. It’s just what I would like better lol.
    • Like x 2
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    To add onto this, I think high kill count feats should be account bound progression too.
    • Like x 3
  7. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I don't know that they'd ever give us that, but honestly I'd be okay with either being able to pay replay badges to unlock renown levels, or if buying the feat for a completed elite set over unlocked the ability to buy the elite gear on your alt.
    • Like x 3
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was more for this RE older renown when loot locks were a thing as getting old renown mean months of trying to build a group...then complete the runs...then wait till next week or waste 87 replays just for the renowns. Now that you can spam older runs for renown I don't see the need for this as much. Newer stuff obviously doesn't benefit, but newer renown has multiple avenues to work on it with solos/duos and alerts in the mix, and the raids are run pretty regular.

Maybe if the renown levels had a 0 star feat attached, then you could buy the feat on an alt to advance to that point, then apply that alt's renowns to move things up. That way you could have 2-3 alts with a handful of renown tokens saved, then advance through them and move things up to the next level before moving on?

And I say this as someone who still needs a lot of Elite renown, not as someone who has it all and doesn't want to share.
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I wish they would too, especially because of how grindy DCUO is just to be marginally decent at your power and role. Who has time to regrind SPs on an alt or gather up styles again (and again)?

But we all know they will never allow this because they make money by keeping everything separate from one character to another regardless on being on the same account.
    I would love to try a new power that I have not played, but knowing that I have to regrind feats for SPs and everything else, sorry, but ain't no body got time for that. Then there's using RL $ to rebuy progress I've already done? Get the heck outta here... ->.
    • Like x 1