Suggestion - Generator Update to be more like Augments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Sep 25, 2018.

1. BumblingB I got better.

The whole generator mod problem should not have become a thing. I do still think just making the mods flagged account bound will help a lot for the interim, but long term, what are the plans?

As a suggestion, why not revamp the generator mod using the origin augment system? Where you can just feed it exobytes into whatever color you want. This would allow for more min maxing our characters. Be more in line with other changes to Skill Points, Augments, and Artifacts. It would also fix the power balancing changes to generator mods.

For elite affinities, it can work similarly to now and DLC related adaptive augments, considering you still have a set you have to obtain them and you can socket based on set. That or move this system to the player, since it's the gear itself that matters for the affinities. That way you can attach it to armories. Which makes more sense considering roles.

What does everyone think?
    • Like x 9
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think this is a good idea. At the moment, I have six full inventory rows of exobytes even after leveling all augments to max in both roles; so it would give something to do with all of those instead of just selling them.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

For me, I'd prefer they just continue to be drops and be account bound.

With Augments, episode-specific Augments and Artifacts there are already a lot of mouths to feed :p
  4. inferno Loyal Player

It's an interesting way to level up the base mods.
    Pros about it: it's a dependable progression with a clear end in sight. Player control of which mods to put in.
    Cons: will use up exobytes which we may need later for other things. Depending on the number of player alts, this method may take a while and later discourage maxing up alts.

Getting it as a drop and BE account bound and should be an addition and not a supplement.
    Pros: adds to the excitement of drops, could be a quicker route to level up generators of alts depending on drop rate.
    Cons: Risk of RNG rate being low, of being the wrong base mod.

I think I would rather be a drop, account-bound with an increased drop rate. I am going to be generous and say that I think I have received a total of 7 base mods as a drop in the ridiculous amount of time playing the current content on more than 25 toons. In fact, I have received better drop rates for rare collections than base mods.

I'm going to add jade rebel's suggestion of purchase with MoV for 5 or 10. That sounds like a better way.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I think while they develop the system, they should still set the current mods account bound. But when the new system is added, it would have a more long term impact that has less for the devs to deal with as new content comes out.

I'm kind of confused on why using up exobytes is a con. Even w/o replay, you get a ton of salvage material to get more exobytes. Plus they are account bound, so you can send them from alts if you so desired. There would be a soft cap that will raise, just like augments and skill points do as new content comes out. Which is about 3-4 months time. Normal gameplay, you could max out all your augments and your generator for multiple roles.

Edit: plus, you can boost exobytes using exo-material. Which puts you to farm the open world and more incentive to get that gathering feat. *shrug*
  6. inferno Loyal Player

I put it as a con for me. So, even though it's account-bound; It's great because I have 25 toons running and I usually grab all their stuff to feed my 4 main toons for both roles and currently that means the others just have the base from the golden exobytes: this includes the exobytes from salvage and the free ones we get off content. That's just currently on origin augments AND going from rank 193 to rank 217 for 4 toons. Eventually, I'll end up with enough to slowly ranking up the rest of their augments. But if we added Base generators to that equation then it uses up more exobytes on more items to rank up.

But this scenario is just for me personally and I don't expect that its widespread. So for other players that have less alts or none, your idea may be a much desirable route.

I think Jade's idea is better. Even now with just running the weeklies on my alts I am hitting that 200 mark cap on victory so frequently that I currently have around 80 catalysts cache just sitting there in my bank.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If anything, how about a generic "Generator Mod Cache" that will grant you a generator mod of your choosing that is at the highest level appropriate to your current level? That would reduce duplication and could make the unopened mod cache tradeable.