Suggestion - Character Voice lines

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Just like we go unlocking titles and other interesting cosmetics, what if we had stock voice lines for our characters? To avoid clutter, its best we can only hear our own except maybe an ocasional "thank you" when revived (thats always a pleasure to hear), but would be fun to spout some catchphrases and reaction lines just like the enemies. (take a shot everytime Zod demands you to kneel)

Give us something like 3-5 slots of catchphrases and throughout the fight our character will say it, maybe timed to critical hits, relevant superpowers, killing an enemy, getting hit really hard, getting healed really hard... One MMO that do it a lot is Overwatch. The characters are always saying something on their own or by player command (the later causes more annoyance than anything else...).

And hey, to further capitalize on it, make some REALLY special lines only acquired through events, boss drops, Source Marks, etc! I bet some players would love to hear their own heroes chant "Azarath! Methrion! Zinthos!" or "Thats gonna leave a mark!" and "Well that was fun!" and other iconic catchphrases to spice the battle a little. I would love to hear my villain saying "how dare you!?" like Luthor xD

(and while we are in the subject of voice lines, can you please tone down Quizzlet Artifact's blabbing? I swear to god if I hear another "booka WHOOP!" I'll kick that bloody thing so hard it will tear a hole in the Source Wall)