Suggested Videos

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by The Enquirer, Apr 8, 2015.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So these 3 managed to finally get me to go and buy myself a new mic (which is hopefully a bit better for video recording than the old one) so I may actually be able to record and narrate some videos along with league mates for PvP related things.

Some of the things people seemed to express interest in were videos explaining how the game's PvP mechanics work, or a sort of "play-by-play" type video wherein a higher level match is narrated, possibly just highlight's reels from our league's PvP nights where we're all messing around. So I'm just curious, what types of PvP videos would people be interested in seeing?

Also keep in mind in addition to work and all that stuff, I've got a few projects on here going that I keep procrastinating my way out of that will take priority order over this:
    • revamping Nexus of PvP's recruitment page to adhere to our more organized league structure.
    • The other guide explaining how to better analyze legends characters.
    • Probably something else that's not coming to mind right now :p
    • Like x 3
  2. Talve Dedicated Player

*BBing on reaction,
    *rolling to bait a BBs
    *lunging the rolls
    *block - > roll -> blocking to counter lunges
    *BBing the block->roll->blockers

All with detailed explanations.
    GL with the videos.
    Don't mind editing, been way too lazy to record.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Honestly for that, it'd be best to just narrate a segment of Clutch playing :p
    • Like x 2
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

After a slight delay and being busy with quite a few things, I reached out to some people and got some ideas about what types of tutorial videos they would be interested in seeing.

101- Basic combat mechanics (counters and counter immunity).
    102- Clipping and jump canceling
    103- Baiting
    104- advanced combat mechanics (rolling, "jump canceling" block breakers, roll canceling etc)
    105- kiting and escaping
    106- how to fight when out numbered
    107- block breaking drills
    108- Fighting when you outnumber an opponent
    109- 2v2 team synergy
    110- The proper mindset of PvP (general PvP mannerisms from the USPC side of things)

If anyone has anyone has any ideas for further videos, feel free to speak up!
    • Like x 2
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

2v1 Situations?
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

7. 478874 Dedicated Player

Think kiting and escaping should be one of the more fundamental lessons, perhaps even before baiting. While this is a PvP oriented tutorial, the purview kiting and escaping extend to essentially all play types.
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I've always been interested in 2v2 team synergy. I pug a lot or just find a person to queue with so I don't do competitive 5s anymore.
    But I've always wondered the best way to go about things. The atmosphere changes a lot though due to FoTM players where you have two fire tanks with rifles, before that I always hated the kiting healer with a tank.
  9. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

sort of "play-by-play" type video wherein a higher level match is narrated

This would be cool. Slow-mo at parts so we can catch the nuances?
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Part of kiting and escaping is baiting. Figure your opponents are going to be pretty ruthlessly trying to catch up to you so knowing how to try to bait out counters just before and while kiting/escaping is pretty much required.

All that said, the order of episodes isn't final.

Pretty much all videos are going to be from a legends perspective to avoid the inevitable FoTM spam fest that is arenas. We will go over arenas at some point, but things regarding a lot of the mechanics are going to be based in legends.

I recently helped a couple co-leaders out with team synergy and typed up a nice bit about it so if you'd like, PM me and I can forward it over to you. Figure that's going to be the basis for the guide and for the video that's going to be coming on it.

I've been trying to find a way to have multiple people provide commentary for the video at once, which is difficult. If anyone has suggestions let me know.