Sudden drop in USPC Villain Population??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Little MD, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Little MD Well-Known Player

I am starting to notice a sudden drastic drop in villain population in USPC. I mean, it was bad before, but since December hit, the number of players in HoD and chatting in LFG seems to have just plummeted. It could just be the holidays, but I feel like more people would be online during the holidays...

Meanwhile, my buddies on PS4 side is telling me the number of players are fine. Is villain side on USPC the only one affected this much?
  2. nohealhere New Player

i have a theory for you. villians side was never really "Popular" but when people hit 111 cr in matter of weeks after dlc is realsed. they will leave and come back next dlc. might be what happen to your server so quickly
    • Like x 4
  3. Yui Loyal Player

Not surprised. It's the holidays so obviously people are spending time with their families. The villain side doesn't have that much population from the start anyway. So, yeah not surprised if population is low for that side at this time of the year.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dylan Top5 New Player

They need to merge the PC AND PS side already
    • Like x 3
  5. nohealhere New Player

they wont because people will complain its unfair
    • Like x 1
  6. Dylan Top5 New Player

FFXIV does it just fine
    • Like x 4
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

Recruit heroes to make villains. I was recruited at one point when i was on uspc.
  8. chipzes Committed Player

As long as I can remember all servers (especially villain sides) have been in a constant "sudden population drop". Just because the HoD isn't stuffed with idlers or your friend list is empty doesn't mean the population is significantly different from any other time...
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This will never happen, they are two different systems run by two different companies.

And yes you can bring up FFXIV all you want but that game isn't DCUO and wasn't built the same way.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dylan Top5 New Player

Calm down, just giving an example... Unless you work for SOE, I don't think you can say "this will never happen"
    • Like x 1
  11. nohealhere New Player

ffxiv was the first to ever do that. it has a bigger staff, bigger income. soe doesnt have resources to manage that. the community wouldnt like it one bit. pc players have always felt held back by the console players.(dont try to deny that). merging pc and ps would cause more issues then good
    • Like x 1
  12. EminenceEUPS New Player

If they merge EUPS and USPS and make sure there will be no issue ( Broker price, downtime , same nickname, etc...) then It would be one of the best things the devs would have ever done for the community.
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

im kinda doubting that at this point, because if schools out we will get the "kids are outside" excuse n what not, i really think their playerbase is dropping off now
    • Like x 2
  14. AndiKrist Well-Known Player

Well, I feel like at the moment most of the villain side "inhabitants" are either non-english speakers so that kinda explains the chat inactivity. Also there seems to lots of folks who just played because it was holidays, now when holdays are over, it's very still. But tbh, the hero side has loads of ppl in there but chat is not really that active either.
  15. Prosser Dedicated Player

News flash: You may not realize, but this isn't FFXIV!
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

FFXIV started out with it. If DCUO did it there would be an uproar of player complaints, name rights, League name rights, etc. Oh the horror.
    • Like x 2
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

One thing to keep in mind is that the ratio of skilled and unskilled remain the same on usps and uspc.

Also GMs log into usps with a modified pc launcher and the pc version of dcuo. In my books, a merge could be possible given that fact.
  18. LucidDreams New Player

By recruit do you mean beat someone down until they switch sides? Lol. That's what we ended up doing to this one guy before the devs killed open world PvP phase. My league raided a few PD's in metro and gotham, just switching between the 2 cities. We ended up beating the dog **** out of this one guy so frequently and so badly that he deleted his hero and switched sides, just to PM me and ask if he can join us.
  19. LucidDreams New Player

Someone on USPC stole my name and I started out on USPS servers........ I'm not happy about that but there's nothing I can do about it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Zygar Cthulhukin Well-Known Player

I've been on USPC villain side exclusively for the last 3 years *off and on* The only thing I've noticed recently is the lack of immature shouts. Even pick up Alerts/Raids are popping faster. The population has always been small, but now if anything I'm happy the "riff-raff" aren't running around barely using grammar at all and trying to duel me every 2 seconds
    • Like x 3