Sudden Death: A Possible Batman Episode for Batman Haters and Lovers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LIEUTENANT MARVEL, Jan 22, 2017.

1. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Hi People,

I am basically a Batman fan who is trying to suggest an episode that Batman haters and lovers can enjoy. This episode starts with the Joker holding the Regal Hotel and its occupants as hostages. Huntress, Nightwing, Batwomanl and Robin join Batman as he tries to subdue the Joker. Things take a turn for the worse when the Royal Flush Gang members spring from the boxes. This could be a duo mission where you basically join them to reach Joker.

[IMG]

The group of Batman disperses and regroups as they are hunted down by the Royal Flush Gang and most of Batman's villains. Batman is forced to call for reinforcements and this now turns in to a 4 player alert. In this alert, you start after they have dispersed. You join Robin 1st and you go through Gotham underground to rally with Batwoman, Huntress and Nightwing. You would find Batwoman in the Sewers fighting Scarecrow and his goons. You then find Huntress fighting Poison Ivy and her plants beneath the Greenhouse. After that you reach Nightwing, fighting Penguin and his goons in the Subway. All of you make a run for Batman as he defends against the Bane atop the Lighthouse. You beat Bane and all the disturbance makes the Royal flush gang gather towards you.

[IMG]

The entire Bat Family is tired and is once again forced to call for help. The episode escalates into an eight player raid where you basically fight against the Royal Flush gang. The raid has a surprise ending where Deathstroke, Deadshot and the Red Hood (Jason Todd) shoot down Batman 1st , then Batwoman, then Robin, then Nightwing and Huntress with Sniper fire. The players manage to survive and dodge since they were not the main targets. They fight those three and they get a Jason Todd brainwashed by Ace to tell them that he was just waiting for the Joker and Batman's villains to wear out the Bat Family's gear, ammo, armor, health and stamina before they made their move.

[IMG]

Batman eventually dies after he tells the Bat Family to cover up his death by getting Nightwing to switch costumes with him. Bruce Wayne's soul is snatched by the minions of Trigon at the same time James Corrigan goes to Heaven. The Spectre is in need of a guide once again and sets his eyes on Bruce Wayne. He needs an anchor that was close to him during his death so he can find him in Trigon's realm. The episode ends with a solo mission where you help the Spectre save Bruce Wayne's soul so he can be his guide. He becomes a version of the Spectre that has a costume that looks a lot like Batman's. He replaces Future Batman as the head of the council of Batmen. His death sort of erases him (I think.)

credits to the following for the one of edited images to follow:
    http://img07.deviantart.net/269d/i/2009/333/f/7/creepy_batman_by_rm73.jpg

Bruce Wayne vanishes with the Spectre after he leaves the player's characters's memories blank about what just happened. He returns on the next Anti-Monitor event so the event will have a believable tank that can withstand Anti-Monitor's might. This serves as an upgrade for Batman for Batman fans and a chance for his dectractors to see him fight and struggle for his life.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

So where in this does DCUO get the money to voice Joker?
    • Like x 2
  3. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I was thinking they can recycle the Joker dialogue that's already in the game. They can try patching together an audio sequence that's made of the words/one-liners of the Joker already in the game to make it seem like he is getting Batman to go on another wild goose chase. I remember one in the earlier missions of the game and he has some reusable lines in the Safehouse events introduction. I could be wrong. I am thinking of this as a low budget episode made of recycled scenery to increase its feasibility. :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

I'd say use recycled voice and use the new Harley voice for all the filler lines and story detail.
    Also use her for the direction of the villains side storyline too.
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No thanks. I can understand the popularity of Batman and the associated lore, but much like the Lanterns and Wonder Woman it's gotten more than its fair share of attention in the game.

There's plenty left to explore, we don't quite need to go to that particular well yet again.
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

We haven't seen much of joker as much as the other mentors though but I agree. An Aquaman DLC is long overdue.
  7. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Fine. I shall unleash the Booster Gold Episode. LOL. :D
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nah, that won't work either, it'd just restart the "old Booster voice vs. new Booster voice" arguments again. LOL
  9. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

As long as Batman dies for good ...
    Aquaman and Booster Gold ? No, thanks.
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Troy Baker, the person who took over doing the Joker voice is quite good. And has been well received by even the rabid fanbase.

He might be convinced to work in the newer material.
    • Like x 1
  11. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

While I understand your doubts about Aquaman, Booster Gold may have the potential as a flash point for a nice story. He traveled back in time. I see potential in that. He can be a tool for some nice storytelling. I will tell more when I get my wild ideas together. Your feedback is appreciated. :D

P.S. I will also try to make a Batman dies for good storyline suggestion. Since he is going to die for good, I might as well try to make it a series of episodes.
  12. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

I honestly detest Booster Gold. He's the JB of DC Comics.