Style Unlocking, R&D Material Stacking, Tokens of Merit, High Heels

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO Addict, Aug 28, 2017.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

First, THANKS SO MUCH, Devs, for raising the cap on Marks of Victory and implementing the new UI for skill points! Those are fantastic!!! Plus the double bond/mark weekend was very, very much appreciated, especially for some of my alts that have been in hibernation for a while.

So here are a few more things, which have come up many times on the forums, that would also be fantastic:
    • Style Unlocking
    • Being able to stack all R&D Materials to 999
    • Having something that we can do with Tokens of Merit after getting the last feat. (I vote for being able to tribute them for prestige, since that was briefly an option in the game.)
    • More high heel styles!
    I know what you're thinking, ":rolleyes: Another thread about [insert topic here]." But this one has a really cute pretty please gif:

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

as far as token of merits goes, I think that feat, salvage, gathering and feats like those all need to be upped since its been awhile since they were last upped.

Im thinking 50-100k each.
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I want style unlocking too. :(

But for item stacking..... sadly that seems to be by design.
    Basically the idea is to flood your inventory to "encourage" you to buy more inventory space.
  4. Shadow Force Committed Player

i can't buy anymore im at the max -.-
    • Like x 5
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Not saying you're wrong, but many are in the same boat as Shadow Force.
    We can't buy more inventory, bank or shared bank slots. And I honestly don't know anyone who bought inventory slots simply to keep more stacks of R&D items. That's what mules are for. ;) Also, Jackster responded positively to the idea on a Discord chat, which is why there were several threads about it a couple of months back:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/item-stacking.288244/
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I'm in that boat too. ;)

But odds are many still are not in that boat.

So filling our inventory gives those who did not the board that boat yet some incentive to buy more inventory space. ;)
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Me too.

But how many still are not at the max??

So for those still not at the max....... or who did not buy more inventory space yet...... DCUO might still be banking on that keeping inventory full will convince them to buy some inventory space sooner or later. ;)
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Me too. And the item stacking issue has been discussed on here multiple times and during the Q&A with jackster. Look at what was just done with the sp ui. Shouldnt be that tough to make items stack higher. Especially since jack said start a thread and provide a list of items we want to stack higher. Which we did, i started the thread which the OP linked in post #5 of this thread. That was the 2nd thread i did on the topic and BumblingB did a similar one too. All 3 got about the same amount of attention. 40-50 likes and everyone who posted agreeing a change is needed. Hopefully something happens soon with this.
    • Like x 2
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

i would like to see more high heels! my toon named High Heels needs some more love.
    • Like x 1
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I need everything in this list especially the first and last one lol. I have multiple toons with maxed banks so each has a "job" of what item to hold (that's my work around). The tokens I just keep saved in my bank just in case they decide to surprise us with an addition to those feats. The style unlocking is probably my biggest complaint. We were promised that so long ago that it only seems like a dream at this point until I see it in some update notes lol. Last a girl can never have too many high heels! :p

Add hairstyle packs to the list too ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

I agree with the stacking to 999. I understand they want people to feel the need to go legendary or buy additional inventory space. But when legendary members who are at maxed out inventory space are still complaining they dont have enough, then its a problem.

Its frustrating to have toons that are there as banks or extra inventory space. And then when some of these items are untradeable it only make inventory space issues even worse.

As for style unlocking. I know they are already working on that considering its their next big money maker next to TC
    • Like x 1
  12. Aquajet Well-Known Player

I'm dying for style unlocking, but I want it to be cross faction. There are several styles of 'starter' Faction gear styles from the villain side that I really want on my hero, as well as vice versa. They should at least update the Promethium Boxes with the basic Faction gear. It's time.
    • Like x 2
  13. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I've been playing since day dot, but I created my Batman inspired character a year later. I'm waiting on style unlocking to get the Batman Inspired mask on that alt.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

But.... you have the UBER Batman cowl now. ;)

15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As for the basic faction gear, I believe it's already in the Lockboxes. I've gotten villain PvP styles as well as stuff like Eternal and Joker's Punchline on my hero characters.

The only one that might be missing is Lexcorp Salvation. There's been at least one or two threads asking if that style is in the Lockboxes or not and I don't recall seeing any definitive answers, either from players or devs.

The stuff tied to DLCs/Episodes might be a different matter, if that's what you're talking about.
  16. Evaleigh Well-Known Player

100k gathering? I would be dead about 3 times by the time I would finish that o.o
  17. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I do, But I like the Batman inspired mask... it's fun to wear rare items that are no longer available to be original & show some individuality.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I have the feeling the limited time/exclusive items like the Batman Inspired mask or Booster Bundle auras could end up being the tricky part for style unlocking. :confused:
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]

Grumpy Cat for the win :p
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not me, I'd have it finished in a month or less, seeing as I already have 20-25k done. have had that for awhile now.