Style unlocking, lets talk.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC Urban, Dec 25, 2017.

1. DC Urban Committed Player

The game would be so much more enjoyable on alts instead of looking generic asf until level 30. Some people may not be into alts, because it takes effort to gear one character, why gear another? This may push an alt agenda.
    • Like x 1
  2. Saturn Girl Committed Player

I'm so sorry, I know this is bit rude, But you've explained terribly.
    What alternate things?
    And what do you mean of "asf"?
    Please explain more if you're gonna get your answers.
  3. SugarBeef New Player

While I think someone needs to get OP a dictionary and a thesaurus for Christmas, I do agree with his poorly articulated point that styles should unlock account-wide. Probably would be better served posting this in one of the other threads asking for this.
    • Like x 1
  4. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Oh you mean when, He unlock a style on one character that unlocks on other characters either?
    If that's it, I'm in with you, but I don't think this make a funny game play, the hard parts of the game make it funny and amusing not how much easy it is.
  5. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I wish style unlocking would happen already, I have 20 characters because there is always another I want to create. I'm not going to spend over 100mil on a material more than once for each material, I don't have the time for that grind. I just created a new character who I want the demon tail for, but I've only gotten that once on my tank early last year and wanted the style for him too. There would be so many advantages. By alts he clearly means other characters that aren't his main....lol.

Now that we have best gear on vendor the game is not alt friendly. The discount system helps, but come on. With a job and everyday life there is no way I could possibly have time to do all my dailies on all those characters for gear, so style unlocking would be a huge plus. Especially if we're still getting gear unlocking too. I try to just keep one of every role maxed out, but even that I've struggled to keep my tank and troll just close to my healer.
  6. DC Urban Committed Player

I agree, and pretty much, as it pertains to my wording. At least someone knows their mmo terminology. What I am referring to is merely mmo lingo; nothing to do with one's grasp of the English dialect, more-so their lack of knowledge of mmo dialect. If you play mmo, this is something you should know. Who needs a dictionary again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_character

asf=As F****, or some say "af" which still equates to "As F****" This is not something you would know, unless you are :cool:

Anyway, teaching moment for Saturn and Beef
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

style unlocking has been on their "to do" list for years now..... they probably still working on it...
  8. Saturn Girl Committed Player

I'm sorry but we usually didn't use to say bad words in our family, and my parents haven't teched me how to type or write down their short forms.
    But Thank You For Letting me Know. ;)
  9. Sugr Bear Committed Player

If it's actually even been worked on. It was announced to be arriving in 2016 two years ago. We shouldn't have to wait THAT long for every new feature, like water power, style unlocking, only have to wait two months though for every new time capsule bleeding their loyal customers dry with even worse drops rates than the previous one.

Even an attempt to help the player base by doing something we'd enjoy like that would be nice. Certainly not that quark vendor that doesn't have anything people were requesting in it and takes an insane amount of money. At this rate I MIGHT have one of the materials in that vendor in another year, and I buy stabilizers every capsule. They can't expect everyone to drop hundreds of dollars every capsule though, and having that much unattainable to your average player is horse ****. Sorry just woke up and apparently needed to rant lol.
    • Like x 2
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

and if the servers didnt get shutdown by 2050 they will still working on it...
  11. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well that is what they used to say about water power... people already pretty much given up on seeing water power just like style unlocking and wala... we got water power now...

just give them time... i rather the developer take forever to get something right then to rush them and give us a half bake result..
    • Like x 1
  12. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I had a thread similar to this which ended in Mepps chiming and saying...

"All we can share right now is that style unlocking is planned for the future."

So it's in the works...only question is when it will happen. I'm sure the work is more focused on balancing powersets a little more for now. Only time will tell.
    • Like x 1
  13. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I'm sorry did you use the word teached? I think the word you are looking for is taught.
    • Like x 2
  14. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Nothing to chat about..daybreak motto "all talk no action" shrugs
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The last thing we needed was ANOTHER thread about this topic, when there's been activity on other threads on this topic within the last few days! :p

Search is your friend. ;)