Style request: weapons as back style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

I would love to have them, could be 2 variations:

Just new styles like the amazonian swords we got with AF.

Just like the medieval MMOs, they wear their weapon style at the back all time and it dissapears when you use the weapon and redraw it. It would be bad-***!

I guess this would take much more development so I'd be happy with the first option.
    Specially spears, axes like the villains have (heroes styles sucks, bring it crossfaction style unlocking NOW!) and of course dual katanas like Deathstroke or Hexagon.

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  2. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

3. Kuno Loyal Player

What you mean?
  4. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Sold!
    • Like x 1
  5. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I'm 100% sure I saw a hero on EUPS running around with it in the Watchtower shortly after the "cross faction" styles were released with the lockboxes. I hope it's not one of the styles that got removed/were added by accident.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I am 100% behind this idea. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Wish i could like this post a gazillion times. I dont like the fact as a hero i cant get the back style with the axe. I think its the steppenwolf or kalibak villain style. And i know style unlocking is coming. But my villain is cr64 because i dont play em and dont know people on the villain side. I have 6 heroes at end game. I have no desire to do it all again for a 7th time just for a style. We dont have backpieces for MA, staff, HB, and brawlers atm. Some may say those would look odd on your back. Well not in my opinion. There are other games where characters have a staff on their back. Im guessing they cant make it so it disappears off your back when u use it. But i agree there should be multiple back styles for each wpn.

My 1 toon atm has a kratos style from GoW. I would love to have double axes on his back. But nope cant. Cant even get the single axe on his back :( These type of styles should be in the game. But at this point put em on the MP if u want. Just get them in the game somehow. Man there are so many ideas people have for the MP yet 99% of them never happen. Its really hard to understand why.
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

It was here before but Co has styles like that.
  9. BigAl Devoted Player

Few years back, a good handful of people made the push to finally get weapons for back styles (me being one :D) and it happened. I would love to see more weapons for back styles. Different variations. All kinds of styles for the "one man army" look. Love it.
  10. Kuno Loyal Player

11. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One say this idea great.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So far, we have the following options that I've seen:
    • Single Amazonian Sword
    • Dual Amazonian Swords
    • A Double-Bladed Battle Axe
    • The Vengeful Surgeon Back (2 Holstered Pistols + about 6 Grenades)
    • A Single, Generic Broadsword/Longsword
    • The Sharpshooter Back (a Rifle Carrying Case worn on the back)
    So there's hope that over time, more Back Styles featuring weapons will be offered. :cool:
  13. Kuno Loyal Player

Necroposting here because Im still waiting for it. Specially the most obvious option: dual katanas like Deathstroke.
  14. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Let me help you with that:

"Oh Raise Great Post From The Past. Grant Us Thy Request!!!!"
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

I can tell I'm never going to see dual katanas as back style right? We have 2 Deathstroke inspired style sets and NONE of them got the dual katanas as back piece. :(
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

"Just like the medieval MMOs, they wear their weapon style at the back all time and it dissapears when you use the weapon and redraw it. It would be bad-***!" - Kuno
    yes it would it would be nice if your weapon and back style matched and one changed the other depending on use
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

that guy needs a black ring...or to challenge Faust
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

19. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

# Shined brass shield as a back style
    • Like x 1
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This one's been on their request list for years. They've heard the feedback.

I'd like to see something like this too but.clipping. Long katana blades will clip into everything when the character gets animated. If you went straight vertical they'd clip the head and bum, 15-45 deg angles would clip arms and legs in running positions. Straight horizontal would look dumb and still clip into the arms during running animations. Some people wouldn't mind but there's always the others who would speak up about how shoddy and lazy the work was.

edit: click here. it's on the style master request list. Meg noted clipping is the problem.