Stuck rolling after revive (PS3)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Greenman_x, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

It feels very much like an incomplete bit of communication between the game server and the client, not fully transitioning to the next phase in the animation or updating a change in character functionality.
    Another example of this is the breakout bug that also has been around since launch, where the effects of any kind of debilitating control effect against your character, which can only be broken out of, are not updating visuals correctly. When this paticular bug occurs, your character looks like they are just standing there doing nothing, when your character is actually being controlled and should be in some kind of visual stun animation. The very thing happens quite often in the Midnight Masquerade Halloween event right now, where one of Klarion's attacks is supposed to be stunning you, but the stun visual is not being communicated fully (at all, in this case).

Your character will simply sit there, but if you've experience with the bug you will realize it immediately and button mash breakout to go on about your business. Couple these odd delay oriented problems, along with the very much broken and far from accurate timings of the game's counter mechanics and vulnerability windows, and the whole combat system comes off as mostly amateurish and nowhere near as responsive as it's intended to be.

Also seems like it would be very difficult for SOE to replicate given their proximity to the game servers, making testing latency issues and hitches that occur for players on home networks, especially the vast majority of console players that utilize the console's wifi connection over wired (sadly, still no wireless N option for console gaming). Home network, 10-20mbps connection hiccups over wireless G connections are commonplace and they do result in some pretty undesireable effects in DCUO's gameplay systems, ranging from many UI errors/skips, slow or non-rendering issues (which can lead to some very specific exploits), and other incomplete communication events that have been causing issues with Linkdeath, zoning in general (especially in operations), and marketplace purchase issues.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Happens on ps4 also. This has been going on for so long i don't know how it's not fixed yet smh.....
  3. Solar Well-Known Player

Please fix this already. Or at least give us an anniversary gift for the roll glitch.
  4. thirty six Loyal Player

This started when Origin Crisis was the bee's knees. We'll be approaching the 2nd anniversary here in a few months, I'd appreicate my gift. Maybe a basket of rolls for our tables in our base. Maybe a hair roller style... I don't know, but you get the point.
    • Like x 4
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This has been in the game since launch.

Bump and junk.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trinidad James Loyal Player

And I hate this bug soooooo mucchhhh!!!!! UGHHH!!!!!
  7. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This is still happening and a big annoyance. Last time I saw it happen was last Weekend in TotD.
  8. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Still a proooooooblem. Bumpity Bump BUMP & FIX IT!
  9. Solar Well-Known Player

Hello? Can we please fix this bug. Maybe before the next major change to the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Sadly based on past experience I doubt there will be any sort of fixing of any current issues. Pretty safe bet that they will just keep adding new broken content to the mix and more issues. Rather than pumping out new glitchy broken dlcs, it would be real nice if they could see to fixing some of these long standing well known issues. But if the past has taught us anything, I won't hold my breathe
  11. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Still happens. How many more years till it gets fixed?
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you can hold block and it will stop the rolling issue or at least it has for me hope it helps :)
  13. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Best way to fix it, it always work for me, just press start and close and everything will be back to normal.
    I agree, it's about time they fix it...