Stuck rolling after revive (PS3)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Greenman_x, Jul 6, 2013.

1. NegativeMass Developer

Thanks for updating this thread with your experiences with this issue. I just tried to reproduce this a bunch of times, but I have not experienced the bug myself. I have died while holding block, tapping block, dodge rolling, holding one ability trigger button down, holding down target lock, and I have tried mashing revive. So far, none of those cases caused the bug.

Please continue adding your observations about this issue to this thread. We really need a reliable way to reproduce the bug.
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Its seems to happen to me in nexus and Paradox the vast majority of times, did you try doing it inside those instances?
  3. matt4950 Well-Known Player

happens to me a lot in boss fights in Nexus...wish i knew what was causing it but it seems to be random...but like i said i notice it mostly in boss fights.
    • Like x 3
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I agree with Matt it seems to happen in boss fights more than anywhere else
  5. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

It doesnt matter what you are doing really to cause the bug you just need to die in nexus...it is def a 50% chance to get bugged. The fastest I have been able to get out of it after revive is hitting select & clipping with the O button...lol...its def faster than hitting the start button
  6. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I haven't tested this yet but a thought occurred to me that the issue happens when you are just about to get knocked out and try to use block right as you are going down. For example I'm in a CC and being hit, I'm about to get knocked out and I hit block but still get knocked out. Then someone revives me. When I get up maybe the game is stuck with me blocking? This may be hard to reproduce but I think this is a likely culprit.
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Loyal Player

I am not sure what you need to do to reproduce it. It just seems to happen randomly but ALWAYS happens. When it happens to me, my L2 and R2 buttons are not responsive, making me unable to cast. When this happens, I usually hit block and it resolves itself.
  8. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Seems to happen a lot to me when I try to use a soda immediately after getting up, clipping that little pose animation your character does. I intentionally would wait a second to get up after the rally button appears and then wait for it to finish the animation before i use a soda, power or even move my character to prevent the bug. Also it seems to happen at the most inconvenient times such as T5 raids when the boss is almost dead or you have to heal, use a power or dodge a second attack that would determine life or death.
  9. thirty six Loyal Player

In my experience, this is always in t5 and from what I remember. The last time was day before yesterday in family while fighting lex and the overseer. I went down and was revived and then tried to revive someone else, but kept rolling. Irony know if its already been stated, but sometimes going in a menu will fix this. Sometimes it just has to run its course.
  10. Zpred Dedicated Player

Yea this happens to me in nexus sometimes but if I just press block 1st then let go then I can move again.
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

From my experience, it seems to mostly occur when you are one shotted...More often then not in Nexus/Paradox those are what youll get if you go down so thats why it seems to be resurfacing as a problem

I dont believe it only happens when you are blocking/rolling though...Id imagine its probably tough to reproduce, but its definitely there
    • Like x 1
  12. Whiteroom New Player

Has happened to me in alternate Metro and Gotham.
  13. Killgasm Well-Known Player

Try dying while you're holding block while being crowd controlled. (Knocked up, Knocked back, Impulsed) This seems to be when the glitch occurs for me. Some boss's attacks still knock you around even when you're blocking. It also seems to happen if I die while simultaneously using breakout.
  14. Goony New Player

have you tried doing more than one at a time? like for instance trying to block while hitting your abilities and dying
  15. Darth Loyal Player

Happened to me multiple times last night in Wave and Nexus just after 7:15 pm EST on USPS3. The fist time I noticed it was at 7:15 when I got hoped on by the Paradox Sentry I was putting my Time Bubble up when it jumped on me and one-shot me. My L2 and R2 buttons would not trigger and I had to block in order to unlock them again. This happened multiple times in Wave and Nexus under different conditions as well.
  16. Dagg212121 New Player

THis happens to me about half the time. I dont often die outside of nexus and pardox so i cannto say if its a condition fo those fights or not. Anyway feel free to stop over my place and watch me raid for 30 minute you will be sure to see it replicated.
  17. Badname8293 New Player

video of this happening
  18. I Need powar New Player

When that happens to me I usually press block and its gone.
    don't remember it happening outside of t5, then again i don't die that much outside of t5.
  19. McDonaloid Active Player

This doesn't happen to me all the time but it happens when I have acro or when I use rifle. With rifle though you just do one of the moves over and over with acro you keep rolling until you press a button. I'll see if I can provide video.
  20. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Happened to me last night
    Server - USPS3
    Time - Roughly 8:15 Central
    Where - Nexus
    Additional Details - I can confirm one of the times this happened I was blocking when knocked out.