Stuck on Solitary Riot - What now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lifian, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Rahiel New Player

It is completable, but very difficult. I was only barely able to pull it off the first few times, and I had to go tank gear/role and rely on my Fire heals adding up over a long fight. Might be harder as a controller, idk.
  2. raaddd Well-Known Player

What kind of tank are you? Fire, ice or earth? Im a cr78 fire tank and I can finish this mission no problem.
  3. Octantis New Player

Here's my strategy for Stykers:

Set Up: DPS role with Absorbtion Barrier Turf Mod, Sidekick, and Supply Drop

Initial Room:
    Hide in the corner below the stairs so I only have to fight 1-2 at a time.

Solitary, First Wave:
    Hide behind the pillar near the turret, always out of LoS until all 4 inmates begin attacking the turret and get frozen. I never punch them.

Solitary, Boss Battle:
    Immediately fly back to the door I came in, around the corner and out of LoS of boss and adds thereby never aggroing any adds that come in. Fight like a normal battle using heals liberally. I have no healing supercharge, so I have to rely on my Turf trinkets and Soder Colas,

NOTE: with the above exactly I could do this in unmodded High Voltage gear and unboosted Turf Trinkets
  4. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

I've been doing Strykers with the wrong shield too o_O but I've been able to complete it with toons from 72cr up,.

The way I do things is to get the first four in their cells asap, then as quickly as possible retreat back towards the entrance area away from where the prisoners spawn and away from their aggro range. This means its nearly always just a 1v1. The bosses special powers kill them off and I kill him off. With the weaker toons I find placement very important so I try and stay out of the AoE as much as possible, there are several sweet spots where the AoE seems not to hit.
  5. Lifian New Player

I was able to beat Heatwave last night after making some changes. I added an ATK01 (I think) lockbox consumable, MA sidekick, and CC trinket, and he went down pretty quickly (I used one health barrel and just relentlessly hammered on him). This was the first time I fought Heatwave (other times it was always Cold or Parasite), so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I really had two questions that I needed addressed with this thread that I believe are now answered:
    1. Should I be able to complete this quest with a gadgets controller at CR 73? (Obviously that's a yes.)
    2. What I should be doing daily to continue to build the character.
    I had also wrongfully assumed that the Stryker/Ace Daily missions weren't doable if the interior mission wasn't completed, so that was a helpful thing to note. I did find it difficult to find a good consolidated list of what new daily missions we should run as part of each DLC, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing one.
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. My next run, I'll try some more of the suggestions in this thread and see if I can improve the run.
  6. Octantis New Player

1) I completed it in High Voltage gear, unmodded, so if a CR 64 with a 113 weapon can do it, anyone can :)
    2) The quickest place is in your Feats->DLC->Home Turf menu. That's what I use to track mine. Only need 1 on Strykers and 2 on Ace
  7. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Thanks, this is very helpful and I'll give it a try tonight. To answer the other poster above, I'm a fire tank and I suspect the reason I kept getting thrashed yesterday (even though I'd completed the mission with this toon before) is due in part to the serious nerfing of fire powers after the update.
  8. RogerBlack Committed Player

This mission is the MOST difficult mission in the ENTIRE game for Gadget Trolls, by an order of magnitude. (Read: Nearly impossible)

Gadget Trolls are at an extreme disadvantage in this Riot Mission because our powerset does not kill the adds quick enough (in Troller Stance)... in order to do substantial damage to the Boss before the next wave of adds appear... so it becomes a test of endurance... which the CPU will usually win.

If you want to beat it consistently... switch to DPS stance + use the Lair Mods.
    (Absorption, Weakening Field, Reserve Tank, Explosive Block)

Make sure your DPS gear is T4, fully modded.
  9. MattMinus New Player

This is an incredibly silly comment. Between 70 and 80 SP is all you really need.

Your CR may be a little low, however. With fullt t4 gear this content is trivially easy.
  10. SoylentBob New Player

As I mentioned on the previous page:
    Use your environment.
    Keep the turret alive, and it will trap the boss (buying you breathing room).
    Use the barrels. Be careful, the Boss and Adds will smash them, too, making them useless to you.
    Keep your NPCs out of the traps. Time the traps so you know when to call NPCs. Hit them with a barrel to keep them alive. Lure the boss to an area where no trap spawns under him.
    Lead the Adds through the traps. The minibosses will survive, but regular adds die quickly. This means less damage to you and less time spent hiting something other than the boss.
  11. Octantis New Player

I think I may have stated this (somewhere), but it's far easier to do in DPS stance with DPS gear. I was in my T3.5 Controller get up and got thrashed to the moon and back again. Downgraded to High Voltage DPS and a SPARC II weapon and I was finally able to complete it.

I would say if you're having trouble doing it as a Support Role, do it as DPS. It might also be easier with a healing Supercharge, but my Loadout is currently void of one so I wouldn't know. Sidekick and Supply Drop for the win.
  12. Octantis New Player

13. BrooklynHounder New Player

I find it much easier to pull boss over to the small hallway (where you first walk into the cell room) and fight him there to avoid the adds. It's definitely very challenging if you don't have the right loadout.
  14. Octantis New Player

I find it the best way :) I do the same thing in Ace: try to kite the boss to the teleporter and have the giant 'bot kill him while the small healer 'bot heals you.
  15. RogerBlack Committed Player

>> Use your environment.
    >> Keep the turret alive, and it will trap the boss (buying you breathing room).

Agreed. I am a Gadget Troll. And this is great advice.
    it really works................................................... right up until the BOSS comes out. lol.

Realistically, Trolls will have to make a decision early in this fight... to keep the TURRET alive... or keep YOURSELF alive.

The Turret will not last the ENTIRE fight. No matter what you you do. Period. Accept it.
    Especially if you ever need a health barrel if your soda is 'cooling down'.

The big problem is... there is a health barrel at the opposite end of the room.

And if you make a run for any health barrels... and actually bust it open without getting knocked the F out.... its guaranteed the turret will be COMPLETELY DESTROYED by any adds in the room, by the time you absorb the healing effects and head back to defend the turret.

Everytime.

To my Gadget Trolls.... wave ya' hands in the air if you know whatimtalkinbout.

>> Lead the Adds through the traps. Keep your NPCs out of the traps.

Unfortunately, these 2 sentences stand in direct opposition of each other. lol.

If you are moving around, trying to avoid being hit by the boss and his minions.... your sidekicks will run off and attack whatever adds are in the room... regardless of where they happen to stand. Feel me?

Adds could be standing in a trap and your sidekicks will melee them right on the same spot. lol.

It will be hard to focus on the NPC fight in the distant background..... if Heatwave, or Cpt Cold is whuppin yo' @ss in the foreground. lol. Just saying.

>> Time the traps so you know when to call NPCs. Hit them with a barrel to keep them alive.
    >> Lure the boss to an area where no trap spawns under him.

Agreed. Good advice. I've done this with success.

Realistically, for Gadget Trolls this is a very tough fight.

In addition to some of the good points Soylent made here (like keeping the turret alive, timing the NPCs, etc., etc.) the best thing to do is to run it in DPS stance... if you want to consistently beat it, in as few tries as possible. (keyword: consistently)

To sum up...
    - Can Gadgets beat the Riot mission in Troller stance? Sure. But more than likely it will take several attempts.
    - Can Gadgets beat the Riot mission in DPS stance? Yes. The odds are MUCH better.

In short, with proper armor & mods.... it will take much less time to beat this mission in DPS stance... and you will be far less likely to 'Rage Quit'.

Just my opinion.
  16. shaun10656 New Player

i cant beat solitary riot the mobs hit way to hard for no reason so i loose like 75% of my health before the boss comes and when the boss comes i just die in the first place sodas dont help cause they can just knock all the health gained back down this is way to hard for me and my troll is a gl and even when i use ram combo in dps mod its stil lto hard what was soe thinking...
  17. insinceremelody New Player

So, I've been using the wrong shields for CC and HW. Figures it would be the opposite of what I assume.

Anyway, Stryker's gave me some problems at first. After doing it a few times, though, I've found that it's best to use a melee weapon (ranged will probably just be interrupted considering most of the enemies use brawling) and T3 sidekick to tank for you so you can get to the reinforcements. Other than that, just pound the boss with everything and remember to block when they start a combo because they usually see it through to the end. I mostly just use inferno, clip with fiery weapon, 1h flurry combo or spin chop clipped with flashpoint which typically knocks down the adds. If you get low on power or health, lunge toward a barrel. After his health gets down far enough I clip the weapon combo with snuff out or just spam it.
  18. RogerBlack Committed Player

Sounds like you are Fire.
    So yes, you probably finished it within 10-15 minutes, the very 1st time(s) you tried it.

However, the Solitary Riot is insanely hard (if not impossible to beat) for us Gadget Trolls... in Troller Stance.
    Gadget Trolls can complete every other solo mission in the game.... in Troller Stance, without switching load outs much, if at all.

But not the Solitary Riot.
    In Troller stance, it wil require Gadget Trolls to rethink our entire approach. Several Times. lol

It is ridiculously hard for us Gadget Trolls... in Troller Stance.

I doubt we will see any Gadget Trolls in this thread claiming to 'run right thru' this mission (in Troller Stance) very easily.
    • Like x 1
  19. SoylentBob New Player

The turret is not the primary target of the Adds, and I haven't seen it aggro the boss.
    A health barrel spawns by the turret, and 2 spawn by the force field where the Adds enter.

There is no "choice" about keeping the turret alive. If you are near the turret, the Adds prefer to attack you, allowing the turret to do its thing. However, the Adds should get nowhere near the turret as you've killed them with the boss' AoE pools while sheltering in the orange glow of a health barrel near the force field.

Then you can anchor the boss on some clean floor while your henchnoobs and some squishy guards kill the boss for you, retreating to the turret if necessary. Grab a barrel and keep them in the fight. Clear the Adds: a Sticky Bomb or a subtle push from an instance-appropriate weapon like Dual Pistols ought to hold them in the traps long enough.
  20. Major Cedric Level 30

Wait, ice shield for HW and fire shield for CC? But the fire shield is for protect your from FIRE right?
    Also ice shield to protect you from ICE right?
    So, using fire shield against ice dont sounds 'hur dur'?