STU: Why did you use GOM N Version for "STU GOM E"?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stranger, Aug 10, 2023.

1. FathfulWatcher New Player

It's our job to help the devs out in a good way but supporting them and helping them. If anyone is at fault here it's you imo your at fault because you didn't test enough and give feedback and not these selfish attacks THAT serves no one but your own ego. So let's not dwell on the past and let's move forward hand and hand in Unity please.
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Well done. Now this seasonal Elite raid is impossible for PUGs. Population is low and getting a decent group on EU server is almost impossible, especially on villain side, so I guess I can forget about those raid counter feats. Thanks for that.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ran it last night...definitely NOT reg now.
    • Like x 3
  4. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

Getting players on test server is one of the greater challenges in DCUO. To the point where I have to operate 8 accounts at the same time so I can que into raids, but do keep telling me that it's my fault o_O

[IMG]

I spend more time on test server than most players do on live server
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

And given that you cannot possibly control all of those clones in a raid, queuing in and running a raid by yourself tends to indicate you're either using a god mode trinket or a one shot trinket to move through the raid, which arguably isn't legitimate testing in any case.

The reality is people don't test because it's done on a gratitude basis for which Daybreak provide no tangible benefit in doing so, you can hardly blame people for not wanting to hop on their in their own free time they'd rather be doing their own thing with either playing the real live game or any other activity or passion they wish to explore.

If Daybreak want to have more players testing then it's probably time they started incentivizing it rather than relying on volunteers to give up their own free time for absolutely nothing, I understand you have a passion for the development of this game, perhaps at times to an unhealthy level, given you're not a dev, dare I say it. , but you just cannot expect others to share in that development passion when it provides them with no tangible benefit, I just don't think people care as much as you when it comes to whether or not the content isn't hard enough to meet your liking or has a few bugs here and there that take time to fix, they just don't, sorry to bust your bubble and I know you'll have a rant at me for saying all of this but, oh well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like x 2
  6. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

I want whatever you're on lmao
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

This is just a general comment as well, but you have to understand that the developers are routinely sticking stuff on test to be tested while at the same time running events and whats not on live...

You can't seriously be expecting a player to choose between testing content for free and doing their bonuses on live, what do you think they're going to choose 9 times out of 10 or put the most amount of effort in to? It's not going to be testing for free I can assure you.
    • Like x 1
  8. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

You are right about everything you said, no rant required. There is an absurd amount of things that could be done that require little to no effort to improve the testing environment but alas there is nothing I can do about that. I don't expect players at all to spend the time investment I do, which is why it triggers me when others question it. Honestly, if I couldn't make money from it I probably wouldn't do it myself.

Doesn't mean that i'll stop talking about it because the concept of live testing doesn't work in DCUO. Something could be released that is obviously so easy to the point of being broken and if DCUO buffs it to where its working as intended there is SO much pushback on these forums about "gatekeeping" and "pandering to the 1%" where we aren't even talking about content that was supposed to be hard.
    • Like x 1
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

What are you serious? How is it his fault? I have been on test and you don't see hundreds of people testing and OC is one of our best testers you talk about Unity but you try to disrespect him with that point black finger pointing. Have you been on test? . We don't have many of us testing but I am still new to testing and those of us who do test do what we can with few players testing as it is.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Don't disagree then, but on a slightly different note, I do think the developers perhaps could ask the community first what they'd like to see in any upcoming STU event and then pick the highest voted instances. It would probably then give people more expectation in terms of what is being developed but also what things would likely need to be looked at well ahead of time and also increase engagement levels.

It may be a subjective viewpoint of mine, but GOM is probably one of my least favorite instances of all time so I have next to no desire to run it, I didn't mind the Justice League Dark one but I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to any group involving PUGS and getting the books on the Fate fight, I see both these raids becoming train wrecks in PUG groups.

We both have a number of friends or leagues we could run with if we really wanted to get this stuff done, so we're fortunate in that respect, but other random people playing elite are in for some fun times. The mechanics are of course easy enough once you know them, but it doesn't stop the runs being painful nonetheless.

They really should perhaps put feelers out for what the players actually want to see as I know I commented on it in testing and you yourself weren't a fan of the repeats :)
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And those checks go through Sony. That's why they added the gift box when you log in. That way they could give us stuff without waiting to go through them first.
  12. Multiverse Creator League

It's your fault. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Those gifts are also server side. Changing the UI, new maps, combat changes, etc, are client side. Test server has a lot of that, rewards are different, as they usually don't require a lot of testing so they can be added at one client update and just turned on server side until the next update. Test server could have several updates that require client side changes, like problems with maps.
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I random queued Arcane raid when they had bonus source marks on JLD, and everyone but me was attacking Fate. I watched them for a couple of minutes before getting the books. It was pretty funny.
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, yep get ready.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, I'm kind of torn. If I'm not doing a role, I'll always go for the books immediately and get aggravated when 3 other people all run out a min later as I'm already returning with the first one. Of course, they then get gobbled up by an eye and we are then down 1 (or 2 people if someone goes for the immediate pickup). I used to actually put 'I'll get the books' in chat, but people will go anyway. If I see a few going for it, I'll go back in and fight till they die.

Feast or famine in PUG runs... Never a middle ground.
    • Like x 2