StU Alert a bit of a random queue nightmare?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FreezyPop, Jul 9, 2022.

1. LipstickHeroine Active Player

I've tried it multiple times from the random group generator and I've only completed it once. The final boss and environmental loss issue, specifically the bombs being too numerous and the timers to short, being the culprit each failure.
    • Like x 1
  2. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I did the elite of vmf with a pug group of 2 trolls, 1 dps. No heal or tank. Nothing hits that hard for anyone to not survive. Shields, blocking, timely supply drops and soders can get anyone through this alert. It's a cool alert to me if you need assist I'm on USPS. Flex Bori
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You should update your signature.
  4. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Got into this alert twice yesterday one on my tank other on a healer. Was the only 1 alive after the last turret phase but finished it 4 them and second got in there at last boss they had no roles but I went heals and we beat it but they was in there 45 minutes and I was not the first healer they had.

I noticed in the update they removed the role requirement so alot of pug groups will fail this alert for that reason. They devs shouldn't mess with stuff like this cause it interfere whit player setting. I have roll optional off and on my tank it was mostly a 4 dps run till last boss when I switched to my damage tank that eog spams to beat it
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've had pretty good luck so far, I've finished it with every group I've jumped into it with. I recall wiping once on Friday, but not wiping at all on Saturday or Sunday.

Having said that, it's a run I loathe coming across in Omnibus because it's likely to end up in tears.
  6. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

I just don't understand why so many do not understand the mechanics of this alert. Too many players think it's a pew pew fest. It's not.
  7. spikeat Well-Known Player

What are you trying to do with the bombs? It barely does any damage if any to the turrets. They are only used to purposely initiate the environmental damage for a feat.
  8. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

It took me a few runs to figure out the mechanics in the final fight, for sure. The bomb phase uses the “dynamite” icon that appears in several other places in game, but it’s not consistent with those other places—or at least not with the four that I’m familiar with. In Gotham Under Siege, Flash Museum Burglary, and Metal Gotham (as well as Metal part one solo depending on which Rogue device you choose), that cog is a countdown to disarm the bomb. In VMF, you can’t disarm anything.

Onscreen prompts about enviro damage are also sometimes tough if there isn’t an obvious cog pointing to a way to avoid it (I still haven’t figured out where the killer flowers are in Fractured God Sphere, tbh).

And that’s before considering the possibility of language barriers or unfortunate chat tab edits for someone who has a combat tab open and misses Group or Shout, maybe.

I don’t think the learning curve is fundamentally bad. I do question if “learn non-obvious mechanic quickly or die repeatedly at the end of a long alert” is the best choice for “easy” mode. I imagine some of this is complicated by the clamp, since it may well be difficult to code around it without risking breaking something for regular Omnibus runs.
  9. AJPro Committed Player

The omni version would not even trigger for me and i had to do regular and it sucks so bad to fail on something old and tired….
  10. spikeat Well-Known Player

It took me many runs at release to verify what the components of the alert did and what the mechanics were. A lot of the earlier content only gave hints and small gestures from bosses before they land a big attack. It was only up until Wonderverse where they started using more red circle and cone attacks that players knew to avoid. It also had NPC call out the mechanics too, but they been switching back and forth with the tell signs since. Get use to being confuse over time like the rest of us, cause that's how the game has always been.

There isn't an "event level difficulty/easy mode" where they add additional stats and role assistance for STU. It's only listed under event because it's not available year round. What you're playing is an upscale "normal difficultly" level.

(The flower traps are the giant flowers on the rocky walls. When anyone gets too close, spores or pollen will disperse where you can choke from it)
    • Like x 1