Stop warping me, I'm not stuck!!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Scarlet, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlet Level 30

I get detected as "stuck" while I'm using the broker, while I'm using the mailbox, I just alt-tabbed while waiting for Riddler to tell me his long-winded riddle before I could use the boxes and when I alt-tabbed back I was at the start of the instance...just because I'm standing still for a bit doesn't mean I'm stuck!! If I was stuck, I would just press 'M' and select warp to rally, why do we need this?
    • Like x 55
  2. BumblingB I got better.

This is annoying. I got warped back to the entrace in a cut scene of City Hall duo before Arkillo. I said in chat, "I don't think I will make it to the portal."
  3. Sanctimonious Well-Known Player

Happens quite often to me, Needs to be addressed.
  4. Cable Girl Active Player

This happens to me as well.
  5. Aiden Warren New Player

Yup, and warp rally is only 5 minutes.
    devs should add this
    we detect you are stuck, use map screen and warp to rally.
    and how about it resets the warp rally timer when it detects you are stuck.
    • Like x 6
  6. Lolaturface New Player

Yep same thing happen to me quite often and yet it doesn't detect when I actually do get stuck in a wall.
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Or when you fall out of the map. :/
    • Like x 4
  8. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

Happens to me when I warp to my base. But it doesn't detect me when I'm actually stuck.

When changing phases I get stuck.
    • Like x 3
  9. akaivy Dedicated Player

I was flying around Steelworks the the other day and got stuck in a building I wasn't supposed to be able to get into at all. I stopped flying and took my hands off the controller, hoping the game would detect that I was stuck, but finally had to warp to rally.

Most times, though, I get a message after warping to anywhere saying, in rapid succession AFTER I get where I warped to on purposes: We detect you are stuck. Try to move, blah, blah, blah. We detect you are unstuck.

I think I'd rather this was just turned off all together and let me use my warp options when it happens. Either that or just turn off the time limit on warping to headquarters or your base so you can fix it yourself.
  10. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

Hilariously I've never had the game detect me being actually stuck. This feature seems tuned to be only a pain in the neck rather than accomplish its intent.
  11. The Kitsune New Player

It has detected I am stuck when I was suppose to be. IE when frozen in the middle of a fight. Then After I break out it states I am no longer stuck. Really.
  12. Goony New Player

it says im stuck when im not but doesnt detect im stuck when i am stuck sorta backwards looking if you ask me
    • Like x 1
  13. ClearedVariable New Player

This feature wasted a repair bot. IGC - Necroguardian
  14. Moxinine Voshin New Player

I can understand, but I usually just move a decimeter and it goes away.
  15. Scarlet Level 30

I would but unfortunately when you are in the broker screen, mail screen, cut-scene or afk you can't actually read that they are about to warp you. (Well you could see it in a cut-scene, but there's not an awful lot you can do about it)
  16. Sanctimonious Well-Known Player

Is this a real reply? Or are you being sarcastic?
  17. Statman New Player

It is incredibly ironic. I had this myself - respawned under the map, waited for 5 minutes and no stuck detection at all. It's fine to have an automatic detection, but for the times that it's not working, they need a /stuck prompt you can type in. They may even be able to link feedback into it so they can detect where the automatic stuck detection isn't working, and look at fixing it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ebon Angel New Player

Today I was warped in a challenge while loading cola from inventory, but while standing on a roof I fell inside the building and was not detected as stuck because I could fly around inside the building. Since there were "enemies" outside the building, the system denoted me as "in combat" so could not warp. Had to log off and when it happened again, I logged off for the day.
    • Like x 1
  19. Scarlet Level 30

Gah! Add "while selling things to a vendor" to the list :(

Make sure you "thumbs up" the opening post as well as leaving a comment if this is an issue you want fixed :)
  20. MrBlazEakaJB New Player

Hasn't happened to me often, maybe only once while I was in the broker. What I find funny though is if you do get stuck in the wall or floor, it doesn't detect that your stuck and you have to warp rally anyway. I thought this was the whole purpose of implementing this system.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.