Stop Complaining about Max Damage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Echephyle, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JigglyTANK New Player

What I just want to ask is does Max Damage mod work for PvP use? Please, someone test it. :/ The only reason I'm hyped about this mod is if it works for PvP... If it doesn't work, is it supposed to be intended or a glitch?
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

I thought the upcoming PvP changes were going to eliminate all HT items from Arenas.
  3. JigglyTANK New Player

Where did you get that information?
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

5. JigglyTANK New Player

I'm seriously VERY disappointed.... I know the Max Damage mod could break pvp with one shots but why not just tweak the android gear's health? More health, no one shots. Please SOE, I will literally quit this game with another screw up. I've never been this excited from an update but my hopes are again crushed, not surprised. Oh well, Back to Little Big Planet...
  6. Mr Rocky New Player

why don't you change the max dmg mod to only give a 60% dmg modifer when you use AM
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

BumblingB had a similar idea a few pages back.

EDIT: Scratch that. It was in another thread.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I don't think it would work for earth and sorcery though pets only scale off your cr.... I don't believe modifiers help them in any way...

Which for earth still wouldn't be too helpful cause everything in their arsenal has weak base damage....

Correct me if I'm wrong...
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, but Earth and Sorcery use other attacks, while the pets are in the background. Those would benefit.
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Hmm but the only powers worth grabbing in a crystal load out would be the following....

Rumble crush debris field pebble blast upheaval striking stone shards sand blast all of which have low base damage...(I'm thinking range raid loaf out)
  11. Echephyle New Player

For sorcery, the dots have been the bread and butter of dps up until gu32 and 33. Even after wm and am, the dots make an enormous difference in overall damage. With the dots always maxed at 60, even with the AM, there's a huge benefit.
    • Like x 2
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I understand that and won't argue your point does dots really help out more then anything...

Sorc does have a slight advantage over earth tho.... Totems rang is not as wide as soul well plus 1 totem equals the same base damage as 1 soul well however you can put up multiple soul wells (up to 3 ) and we can only put up 1 totem until it's off cool down... I believe they even share the sane cool down in terms of when soul when one soul well disappears .... And when totem does...

Totem bring a 50% power should have a heavier base damage that equals 3 soul wells in my opinion but that will never happen the devs have washed their hands of earth it seems... And we are stuck with what we have sadly,..

Don't get me wrong info fine with earth just they left much to be desired
    • Like x 1
  13. Echephyle New Player

Ya, by the way you describe it, it does seem underpowered.
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Only reason I know is my league ate is sorc and he and I have tested together.. We have about the same stats and sp and we've tested range and length of time when active...

I feel sorc and earth are siblings but earth seems to be the red head lol
    • Like x 1
  15. hollowfighter123 New Player

finally a tread that i can agree with about max damage
  16. Biester New Player

Now that I'm awake I understand a little more clearly now that I do the math. A power has a base damage value of 100, 145 with a 45% modifier, and 160 with a 60% modifier. Yea I see that 160 isn't a 15% increase from 145, more like 5-10% (my phone doesn't have a % button in its calculator so its a rough estimate). I'm still against it though because these figures don't take the insane amount of damage from WM into account.

I guess I'm just against anything that make OP dps' even more OP so I'm a little biased. Everything seems to revolve around dps and faster burn nowadays and it's getting out of hand imo. If it continues down this path support roles will get the backburner and I just don't agree with the path the devs are taking with the dps in this game, support role's dps and dps role's dps. Support roles are being almost completely ignored atm and as a tank this is becoming upsetting to me. Maybe I should join the large majority and start dpsing.