Stop Complaining about Max Damage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Echephyle, Aug 18, 2014.

1. xColdFront Committed Player

Used to be? This is how it's always been. Remember when nexus and dox first came out it took just as long to kill those bosses. The DLC 11 bosses don't have that much health everyone of them can be beat in 5 minutes or less. What do you want to be able to beat bosses in 1 minute? That's stupid.
    • Like x 1
  2. xColdFront Committed Player

Can you explain how this is going to hurt ice? Is it because ice armor is going to be useless now?
  3. xColdFront Committed Player

Yea seriously. I agree
    • Like x 1
  4. Echephyle New Player

Again, what's wrong with giving noobs this mod? Good dps will still beat them on the scoreboard.

Give me a real legitimate reason for deleting this mod. If you think I'm one of those boo boo dps's, I challenge you to a dps off in any raid before gu40 hits live. I will probably beat you. Usps.
    • Like x 2
  5. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

That's what they all say. Legitimate reason is skill is disappearing. From gu36 and up this game has been catering to under skilled DPS. Be careful with you're challenge, you might bite off more than you can chew...
  6. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Why don't you stop complaining commenting on threads like these then ez fix.
  7. FuryX New Player

If you are as good as you claim then its probably safe to say the current content is pretty easy for you.. do you really want to trivialize the content this way. Won't you get bored blasting through content even faster then you are now? I think that's my big concern.. the other pros people list aren't really pros either.

This is not going to make crappy abilities good.. modifier doesn't equal better base damage... if you can't hit a 60% ability now and then use an iconic after it for great results... well its not going to happen after this mod is released either.
  8. Minarum New Player

Depends on you're power I guess. Fire's NotSoAwesome Mechanic was already pretty useless, it'll just be a fart in the wind now. But people complaining that this is a big game changer. I highly doubt it'll be as big as some are making it out to be unless you're earth or a power that uses low damage modifiers
  9. KidMidnight Loyal Player

I can understand how some say this will "kill" the dps role.

dps'ing isn't as easy or as worthless as some make it out to be. the key is having a great loadout and rotation. figuring out that if first you use this power followed by that and then use this move and then go into this is a good deal of the fun of dps'ing. it separates the good from the bad from the fotm.

this mod has the potential to take that away.

i would go into my own philosophies on how i dps but weapons mastery while lots of fun ruined a lot of moves i considered pretty much "mine" ( i.e. i don't fotm.) but the damage out from WM vs those "old" moves makes up for it but takes away some of the fun of using my powers.

I'd like to see powers made "relevant" again. i would almost rather see WM taken out of the game and see all the powersets get buffed to be that point where it would be what WM is right now.

If this mod makes using some of those "useless" powers fun again it might not be a bad thing.
  10. xColdFront Committed Player

Lmao I pretty much guarantee titan will beat you and so would I.
    • Like x 1
  11. xColdFront Committed Player

It's really not that easy I guess considering all the terrible DPS's I go up against when I PUG. I mean I am doubling sometimes even tripling these DPS's numbers it's really sad. Then when you try to help them they don't want to hear it. I have no problem helping other players out.
  12. Echephyle New Player

The new content besides lockdown is not that hard, but the health of the bosses is a bit excessive. Sittig there spamming the same rotation over and over for5-10minutes gets old. The boss fights in artifacts don't have too many complex mechanics, but having 10million+ health doesn't make it any more exciting ir hard. Just longer and potentially boring. If the difficulty doesn't change, I'd rather get it over with sooner.
  13. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

:) ignorance is bliss
  14. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Flexibility, imagination, adaptability, intelligence, non-judgmental.....If i had a daughter I'd let her date you for sure :p
  15. Valsmurf Loyal Player

and it seems that devs know what they're doing. They never before had summer months where they didn't lose players to outdoorsy stuff. July and now august not only didn't lose dcuo players, they gained a ton.

Whether this is catering to noobs or not is debatable, but this game is certainly doing much better for itself than in the past. Even with all the supposed "loss of skill" you speak of.

http://steamcharts.com/app/24200#All (i know this is only a tiny portion of the player base, but trends are trends)
    • Like x 1
  16. Lightws Dedicated Player

Your complaining about them complaining -_-.
    Thats a way to get people to stop complaining by complaining yourself.

Aside from that they are right Max damage is a ******** concept. Needs to be rethought because that will make all these truely bad dps better then what they originally were. There's no reason for those who are truely bad to be given more dps.

So your complaining thread is pointless and your just aiding to the problem by complaining.
  17. KidMidnight Loyal Player

sometimes the best way to help other players out is to let them make their mistakes so they can learn from them and improve. its the ones who ask you the questions are the ones who will appreciate some vet advice. trying to explain things to players who dont care or arent ready yet will only kill your own good time.
  18. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

An awesome mechanic based around 60% modifiers made even more useless now that anything can apply a 60% modifier. Good job devs
  19. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It's just another tool to help garbage dps not get kicked out of raids by covering up how bad they stink.
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

Seems no one answered the question though. Which is the whole purpose of my reply.

"I read it on the DCUO forums, so it must be true."