Stop Complaining about Max Damage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Echephyle, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mister Brees New Player

Isn't that true no matter what they do? There is a reason it's called flavor of the month. I'm celestial and think this is going to make me use my AM way more.
    • Like x 3
  2. WonderValkyrie New Player

i agree tc, its like some ppl are afraid new dps players will catch up to them on the scoreboard or something lol. The benefits of the mod outweigh the bad ppl are worried about. This has the scoreboard chasers scared lol
  3. Burnt New Player

No, stop telling me what to do
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Can't speak for other powersets, but Celestial's AM is finally "awesome" with this mod. Is it a band aid over the real problem? Yep, but I'll take what I can get.
    • Like x 6
  5. Black Star New Player

Before judging it I tried the Max damage mod on test. It replaces the Enduring damage mod. I use a Quantum character on test for DPS and I couldn't be happier to stop using Tachyon Blast. The animation take long enough for me to type out instructions during missions but is/was needed to get the 60% buff. And God forbid I get interrupted. Then I just wasted about 10 seconds for nothing.

I immediately changed a few powers around. At first just TB (60% with long cast time), then one or two other power and slowly I realized. This will make the cookie cutter loadout obsolete. Not just that but with AM and non-AM powers this gives you flexibility in your rotation. You don't "have" to use one of 3-4 power that are 60%/50% powers at the beginning of your attack. You could use top of the tree moves that have shorter cast times and take a lot less power (you're welcome trollers).

Test it more, don't pre judge (like WM), I (IMO) like what I'm seeing so far.
    • Like x 6
  6. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Sure Celestial is the clear victor out of this, sadly we can't say the same about Ice, Fire, Earth or Sorcery AM...
    • Like x 2
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

See, people just need to experiment a little. There is a lot of upside to this mod. It will open up a lot of possibilities that have never been considered.
    • Like x 2
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, I can speak for Earth in saying this will help DPS, even with the AM. Of course, the AM is a pet, so that won't be affected. What will change is Earth's best burst, Striking Stones, will get a 25% modifier boost to use with dry WM combos. That will make a difference. I don't know what Sorc uses for burst, so can't speak to that. Fire will be able to use FC with a 60% modifier, as an alternative to FB or even MD (since FC and MD are the only ones to benefit from Volatility). I know next to nothing about Ice, so I'll leave that to an Ice DPS to test out.
    • Like x 1
  9. savageprime New Player

I thought the same thing at first and I really want it to be as you say but for AM's to be used they first have to be effective. Speaking from a view of a long time ice player I can tell you that giving us the ability to cast frost blast while moving (mobility focused fire AM) is not going to make it worth using if it still hits like a wet noodle. Its already a 60% er so no advantage with it and the hand mod and it gets no benefit from weapon mastery as many of ice powers dont. So even with this hand mod of our new mechanic doesnt drastically revamp how we dps than everything will be pointless.
  10. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

The ? Is why make bosses w/ such high health if all there's going to do us a give a mod to balance it off. Just make bosses the way they use to be & 86 the mod.
  11. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

First, for those arguing this mod is catering to the “n00bs”, I guess the numerous other things the DCUO powers-that-be have done didn’t already prove that.

Second, for those who say this is devaluing the “skill” of DPSing, I’m more than sure you’ll adjust, just like you did when weapons and powers have been nerfed or revamped as well as when Weapon Mastery and the “Awesome” Mechanics were introduced.

In the end, new rotations will be figured out and move YouTube videos will be made and simply put… people will adjust as they always do and the cream will still rise to the top!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Let me clarify something because it seems I can only see the negatives out of Max damage. I'm well aware about the positives and I don't deny them, it has for sure many good things. But it has many negatives that I can't see why it would be better than what we have now. I still don't get why the devs bothered at all making in making AM for fire, earth, sorcery, nature and electricity when this mod clearly favours burst damage loadouts, for not talking about Ice Armor being useless.

For me it would be cool either way, I mainly use burst loadouts so my damage will get increased, but I don't feel like this is the right way of doing things.
    • Like x 3
  13. winter13 New Player

The possibilities are endless. I can get retire my fury on my sorc dps and try out multiple different combinations. I can't wait to check this out on live. Great work devs.

Or maybe I'll choose to keep the fury, but still play around with powers I never would have considered using before. I'm really looking forward to the change.
  14. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

If they make all heal powers strong across the board in terms of HOT & Burst Heals, not many will be upset.

If they made all tank powers equal in sense of Damage Mitigation like earth, Def & Health boost from Dom, or heal back like Rage, not many would be upset.

If they made all troll powers have better AOE CC options like quantum, or be able to rotate DMG prevent and Shields like Mental, no one will be upset.

If they attempt to balance all Damage for all powers so all call be equal and or better in terms of outage. CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Octantis New Player

Speaking from a view of a long time player of all the powers (I change powers every few months ... I may be an addict), at the very least, the result of this mod will be that rotations change. I didn't necessarily say that AM will now overtake WM, but AM will most assuredly get a pretty sizable boost in output. Players who want to make use of the power-back ability of a power to go primarily Might attacks in their rotations will see an increase in damage.

It may be that you, personally, won't see a benefit from the mod, but I'm sure there are other powers that will.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Now, I can definitely agree with you there. I don't think this is the right way to do things, either. Of course, I also don't think WM was implemented the right way. Furthermore, I have issues with how many of the revamps and AMs have been handled in relation to WM. I said early on, when the Dev team started this whole balancing process, that the game was going to be a mess for many months. I'm hoping that they will eventually pull this all together into something great, but I do have my doubts. For now, I'm taking the Max Damage mod and running with it, warts and all.
    • Like x 1
  17. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Maybe this will help, Tunso told me this weekend, this was his original "want" for the enduring damage mod or max damage. He didn't say what the limitation to it was at the time that DLC launched just that he didn't get what he wanted and now he can.

So now is actually then, if that makes any sense
  18. Void Complex New Player

Hey would you look at that...
    The developers continue to pamper, spoon feed and spoil the dps crowd even more. Giving all the attention with the new AM's, perks and a welcome new hand mod, all roaming free. Guess what? They cry and complain about that too.....like usual

Meanwhile locked in the dungeon as an afterthought..
    We tanks are continuously forced to up our skills just to survive as we get no help. Healers are being downright excluded from content and/or cornered to solo. Oh and the trolls, they have to work twice to three times as hard now because we have to feed the overabundance of stack dps, and the frantic healer who is trying to keep the tank alive the best he can. But hey its never about us right?

September 9th can't come fast enough
    • Like x 1
  19. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Alright, well, I guess we'll see what's coming next, I hope I'm wrong and this mod makes more good than bad. Meanwhile there's no more to do for me than enjoying my berserks at a constant 60% modifier :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

^one day they will nerf it, its just a matter of ti...years! >.<

Transmute. Sorry just woke up :p

Ice, well explained you in your thread already that it hurts more than anything else.