Stop being mean to the Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Dec 15, 2021.

1. niehlsbohr Active Player

Yeah, they are doing they're best with limited resources
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm very much in agreement with your post, and would like to see this sentiment spread beyond these forums but to the world in general. Recently when Jon Kent came out as bisexual, the writers had to get police protection because of the death threats. No Man's Sky had to shut their office several times because of bomb threats. Chris Pratt was receiving hate mail for a voice role that he hadn't recorded a single syllable for yet.

This is all absurd. Just recently, there was a thread in these forums, since deleted, that called for an employee of Daybreak to be fired because he didn't think their game moderation was satisfactory.

I know it's the age of internet anonymity, but people need to take a deep breath before they hit enter. A little hyperbole never hurt anyone, but let's dial it in.
    • Like x 6
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I'm reminded of this video:

Jokes aside, yeah, players do need to tone back the animosity when it comes to giving feedback. They are aware of the problems and have been trying to get the fixes through as soon as they can.

Really, a lot of the anger is coming from the one giant bug that allowed players to glitch their way through a system that really requires a lot of effort and sometimes money to do.
    • Like x 3
  4. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

I don’t think anyone should be fired or receive death threats, but most of the criticism is valid. They’ve been operating like this for far too long and if this is the kick in the rear they desperately need to get their act together, then so be it. Some of y’all have really low standards.
    • Like x 3
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's one thing to complain...it's your right as paying customer. It's another thing entirely with the unwarranted insults and spoiled brat behavior (not you specifically, I haven't seen anything from you just yet that I can recall).
    • Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That dude is barely in the same game...:oops:
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I have no problem with criticism, or even hyperbolic criticism. I've played since launch (launch +1 stupid PS3 download time) and I've gone through some pretty horrific DLC drops. GU3 which practically broke the game for a week, I remember having to queue for raids, and once in the circumstance, everyone had to buddy up, because every time you went through a door, 3-4 people would DC. But I'm not here to reminisce. In fact I'm helping your point that this isn't new, and as unacceptable as it was then, it is now.

I do think the rhetoric does serve a valid point, Mepps needs to communicate the anger to the development team. If there's a game breaking bug and we all shrug and say it's all good, get to it when you can, there will be no urgency. So a little inflammatory outrage isn't a bad thing but keeping it practical should always happen.
  8. BYSIS Well-Known Player

I was gone for around 7yrs at first, then returned on switch, then left for another year, and I agree with this. Devs are Definitely more involved with the community than before
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Oh man, returning to the switch must have been painful. It's so hard to run anything on there with how the population is. I can't be on peak time to run any of the content. Even the duos don't pop. lol
  10. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Yeah... It's tough. Very low population. It's a shame honestly. I would go to PC or PS but I'm away from home 5days a week cuz of work.. so the switch is mandatory for me
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Hopefully they will do crossplay for it soon.
  12. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Although I really really really do want crossplay for switch (as that would answer the low population problem that switch has), I don't really think it would work. The switch game engine is not as powerful as a Xbox or a ps, and most certainly a PC. And it's already buggy as is. Now add thousands of extra ppl on multiple systems... I feel that it may be a problem as of now. Now if Nintendo makes another Switch that is much stronger, then absolutely.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Um....the content has been playable since day one. The only thing that couldn't be touched on the first day by console players was Giganta as it was causing a hard crash on Playstations (I don't recall any information from X-Box or Switch players). So I repeat, the Duo, Alert and Raid have been playable from the start, and still were as of last night (event, regular AND elite). If you weren't playing the content it's because you either chose not to, or your specific system didn't allow you to get into the game.
    • Like x 2
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Most people just see his posts, skim the top to see if it's even remotely related to the game (let alone relevant) and when we see it's not, we move on. No need to acknowledge the post. You'll start to sink to his level of madness if you pay too much attention to the nonsensical stuff he posts.
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with voicing your frustrations if you’re polite about it. Me, I’m just happy to finally downloading the client for the sound issues and that the fortify menu seems to be working intermittently so I can at least keep my inventory somewhat tidy.
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

Well, when we're a collection of paying customers, we're within justification to voice our concerns, complaints, opinions, what have you. Certain things are simply unacceptable and not all of us are exactly willing to play pretend acting as if everything's okay. It's not just one mishap we're talking about either. Almost 11 years of the same repetitive detriment again and again. Sounds like more than enough time to get things right; doesn't it? Understand how that has built up constant frustration among many -_-
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I have no problem with "This DLC is a hot mess, these problems better get fixed or I'm out of here. Worst DLC ever!"

I do have a problem with "Fire your development team, you people are so incompetent, it beggars the imagination just how stupid you people are"
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Was it really playable though? There was the possibility of losing out on important dialogue, and what if there were mechanics with sound prompts? Something like Queen Diana activating her reflection bracers?

Maybe it was playable, but there’d have been a huge risk in trying to find out. I don’t think it’s right to tell people that it’s “on them” if they decided not to take that chance. That smacks of victim blaming to me.
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm honestly not second guessing you here, but what risk? And what chance? And what victimhood? If what you say is true, and you can't finish the instance, you wasted some time but you're not a victim, and you're not really out anything. For what it's worth, I ran stuff every night, until the artifact glitch was messed up by my Armory and my loadout got messed up. It was frustrating to play, and I made a choice not to, but it wasn't because it was unplayable.
    • Like x 2