Stem's Electric DPS Guide (T5Raids)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Stem, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Black Stem Well-Known Player

NOTE: The use of overcharge was suggested by a league mate ( DopeManHunta) The Loadout: Static Push, Overcharge, Electrogenesis, Electrocute, Attrack/Wired, and Electrostatic bomb The Rotation- Start off by using overcharge and basically clipping it with everything the more you use it the better it is, So start off by overcharge CLIP with static push then go into electrocute and then Electrogenesis, then after your main ticks are out it's a bit more burst-ish damage, So use overcharge and clip with attract and clip attract with static bomb and BAM! those numbers will be beautiful. Overcharge explained: Overcharge is a single target attack that has a amamzing property, as the enemy is being hit overcharge can set off and explode causing massive tics. Overcharge's tics will vary upon how much the enemy is hit. Also other attacks from people besides you can also trigger it. The skeptical: MANY may be skeptical about this loadout but trust me it works, I completed nexus with it while being 2nd damage and killed all 4 sub bosses in paradox while being on top of damage for the first 2 bosses.
    • Like x 1
  2. Xenoblade New Player

Black Stem you are going to have to put a video, more information or something in here!
    You could of posted this in Max Volt's Electricity guide.
    • Like x 1
  3. Voltic DIscharge New Player

I knew it. Been asking this question on max volt guide n got made fun of like if it was a stupid question. I knew overcharge was useless bc nothing could servive that long. But these t5 adds can take a beating new overcharge will maake a comeback
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Black Stem, on your mentioning of Overcharge, I did some testing, which I posted in Max Volt's guide, as well as the Nexus thread where you mentioned it. Some clarification. Overcharge's second tick is triggered by precision-based damage from any player. The actual tick is only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the initial tick, unless it crits. However, the charge can stack up to four times, with all four second ticks hitting simultaneously for good burst. The number of hits required to trigger the second tick is static; thus, number of hits does not increase the tick magnitude. If used properly, though, it happens to be one of the most efficient damage powers we have. What makes it really good is the clippability and stackability, neither of which I've ever seen detailed on these forums. Good pickup by DopeManHunta.
    • Like x 1
  5. 13igtyme Devoted Player

This isn't a guide, this should be moved to the powers section.
    • Like x 1
  6. Voltic DIscharge New Player

Well guess being new to forum doesn't give my ideasa chance ask this in max volt guide and you just said not enough damage on initial hit. But some e 1 else says it boom instead testing. Hope this has enlighten you to not judge so quickly
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Fair enough, but understand that no one had ever mentioned in any Electricity guide on this forum that Overcharge could be stacked and clipped. The damage in itself is still not impressive. Being able to stack it and clip it makes it worthwhile. Not sure how this kept from becoming common knowledge for so long. Maybe it's because there were so many other powers that seemed better, so Overcharge was discounted. If you had told me what Black Stem did, my curiosity would likewise have been peaked.
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

I'm currently Elec on my 131 SP Full T5+ Alt to test that out and I have to say it's an impressive find you guys got. The damage in both T5 raids were above that what I expected to get with (always on top of the scoreboard ^^). I had to use some modifications of the suggestion but that leads to a question to Stem: What weapon do you recommend with that?

With that said, after deeper testings I may decide to switch my main to see its full potencial (will be above 3k Might and +1.2k Prec). There will be also a league livestream where I will use my alt so u can see that live in Paradox next week ^^
  9. Matrix242 Active Player

This is my exact loadout in that order :D. My rotation is different but I use these seem powers and I am most likely to be 1st unless theres a HL dps or a pure might based dps with all expert mods.
  10. Matrix242 Active Player

I think that Overcharge is a brilliant power to use in nexus and also for those who haven't noticed yet, but if overcharge is used on an ad after it is charged up it will deal the same amount of ticks towards any other ads surrounding the main target.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Whoa, you know you're making waves, when Elusian tries your loadout! :D
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Just confirmed this. Another thing about Overcharge that never made it into any guide or the tool tips. Of course, you have to be in a group of adds that will endure more than 12-15 hits. To test it, I had to go over to Stryker's and take my weapon off, LOL! If there are adds around a boss, that's great splash damage, though.
  13. Black Stem Well-Known Player

I'll be honest with you, I hardly use a weapon on elec. ( I know I'm being a power hungry ******* xD) but currently HB are the best when it comes to ranged DPS and 1H for close range. Don't underestimate HB while with only 779 might the hold tap triangle hits up to 1900 sometimes and hardly splits damage.
  14. Black Stem Well-Known Player

& I thought I mentioned that.. When overcharge goes off in a boss and the tank pulls adds in oh god, beautiful. But I forgot to mention.
    Hope you know I'm Mental now though, to collect my Troller set since I'm done with my healer, and I'm loving it.
  15. Delta795 New Player

Thanks for this...I have been leveling my electric toon and have been disappointed with my damage out. Tried this last night on quite a few raids and it worked exceptionally well.
  16. Black Stem Well-Known Player

No problem, decided to throw up this guide due to electric DPSes saying they're doing bad in T5 raids.
  17. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

Stem they removed my last Post lol said i was "trolling" .... XD ... i shoulda replied well i do throw power quite nicely