Steam Deck Compatibility

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Supersam, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Supersam New Player

Has anyone installed DCUO on the Steam Deck yet? I'm stuck Steam Deck keeps giving me a not enough space error. I got the 512gb version so I have plenty enough space. supposedly it's looking for space in the main drive which is partitioned extremely stupid, and not the sd card. Can someone help me out here with a command or something that I can do to get past this error?
  2. Eve YouTuber

I don't think DCUO is compatible with Steam Deck as of now
  3. akiosaber New Player

Hey hey,

I got it to work, one good way to figure out problems for the steam deck is by just treating it as a Arch Linux system, usually people have a lot of answers for those than they do for the deck.

Found a person on reddit who gave a solution (this solution seems to work for Elder Scrolls Online too), and this is how I did it.

In the steam library, move over DCUO and open its properties, go to compatibility, click force the use of a specific steam play compatibility tool, and choose Proton 5.0-10.

Then go ahead and boot it up, login to DCUO, and at this point you should probably be getting the insufficient space error.

Once that's done, quit the game, go back to properties, then under general under the LAUNCH OPTIONS input the command:

PROTON_SET_GAME_DRIVE=1 %command%

After inputting this command, I went to boot the game up just in case (just what I did, you probably don't have to). You'll see that it didn't seem to work, once again, you can quit back and go to properties.

Go back to the compatibility section, temporarily change it to another proton version, then boot the game up again. (I was shown a white screen, but this is supposed to reset the Wine settings).

Finally, quit the game again, go back to compatibility and set the Proton version back to 5.0-10.

That seemed to work for me, I just finished my download.
    • Like x 3
  4. WolfmanKight76 New Player

I can confirm working mitigation. Currently playing on Steam Deck. All settings work. There was a pop-up for a c++ prior to getting in to the game. Just hit close after successful install. The resolution was under 1080p... Maybe there is a better Portion option?
    Getting this sorted out would give the game a solid bump in activity.
  5. DezFTW Active Player

Did you use this method?
  6. Psychic Scream New Player

I just wanted to say thanks, this worked for me on PopOS so presumably it works on most Linux distros as well. I didn't have to do any more than just set the command under launch options and use Experimental to get the game to work.