Stealth

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heavens Sword, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Stealth should retain movement, Martian Manhunter flying while cloaked, Batman hiding on a ceiling ready to pounce
    • Like x 6
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Exactly! A ninja that can't do acrobatics while being stealthy isn't much of a ninja at all! :p
    • Like x 3
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

I tell you what once movements be enabled you will see everyone using stealth, it will be so common that it will be the norm.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The current issue with this is the whole PvP farming thing. I'd be fine with it retaining movement mode if inside a PvP instance stealth had a timer for how long it would remain active.
    • Like x 2
  5. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Is the new DLC not having munitions, has there been any chatter on livestreams, will it have something called camouflage, will they improve stealth altogether
  6. L T Devoted Player

you understand that another home turf mod that can be used instead of improved stealth INCREASES ALL YOUR DAMAGE BY 60%

Now that's balanced. Not OP at all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Agnetta Dedicated Player

umm that quote, and this thread, are from about a year ago. if you follow the conversation on the first page you would see i was commenting on someone saying (probably jokingly) that stealth should make you 100% invincible for 60 seconds. max damage didnt exist back then, but anyway, i didnt say anything about the damage in that quote and neither did the person i quoted.
  8. Ghostof91 New Player

Funny thing is they can make stealth players retain movement if they want to, one of the developers was flying during stealth in amazon fury 2 im looking at you mr. Spytle;)
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

Sorry, I didn't realize this was an old thread resurrected. Yes I read the whole thread. The point wasn't about damage, the point was about the relative strength/usefulness of the mods available.

OK 60 seconds of total protection is ridiculous. But making it work like distract or provide more of a shield is not. Is 2 seconds even enough to do a pick-up?
    • Like x 2
  10. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

DEV exclusive or easter egg? no mention
    • Like x 1
  11. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Shadow powers with stealth, or Water powers with an armor mentioned similar to Hardlight.
  12. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Disappointed to hear that Munitions wont have any Stealth mode.
  13. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Even though quantum and light as controller powers don't have stealth huh? Besides, its based off of 80's action flicks, no one goes "stealth op" in 80's action flicks. They rambo, charge, and roar through mobs blowing up everything and dodging all bullets in an Arnold Schwarzenegger/Sylvester Stallone voice with big guns, big biceps, a cigar, and a headband.
  14. NaumNML New Player

atm, stealth plain sucks. you lose movement, if your in troll stance it breaks your support stats and there are only a handful of moved that retain stealth. idk if stealth will ever be good, honestly. bummer because stealth is a huge thing in dc lore
    • Like x 2
  15. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Stealth is everything

Advanced Alien Tech
    [IMG]

Old Fashioned Knowhow
    [IMG]
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's actually surprisingly useful in PvP because it pretty much let's you pump out an additional 3k burst damage during every counter.
  17. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Improvements to Stealth would see players rush to Gadgets/Mental, the last update stealth had may have had ppl stray away from it with powers no longer retaining stealth.

It needs old plus new powers to retain stealth and weapon combos not breaking stealth.

P.S. sort of miss turning into a scientist with Mental and walking past NPCs, Bring it back better than ever with NPC targeting and disguising as them.
    • Like x 1
  18. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

Would love to be able to keep movement in stealth though, My Shadow would like to be able to move better or at least get up a building.
    • Like x 1
  19. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Nice Sig, was Watching Tank Girl the other day on Netflix
  20. NaumNML New Player

They REALLY need to increase the number of powers that retain stealth. Stealth is a big deal in DC lore. More should be done to make it viable.

Also, they need to fix the bug where it breaks your stats. That also hurts its use.
    • Like x 1