Stealth

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heavens Sword, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Is there anyway stealth could be changed, instead of any hit taking you out of stealth perhaps it could be like a shield where it would take so much damage to take you out of stealth.

Also if our powers didnt take us out of stealth. That way players could get more out of stealth how nature players have wolf form.
    • Like x 5
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

If you run Improved Stealth you are 100% invincible for 2.5 seconds. Nothing, and I mean nothing can take you out of stealth for that time. It seems short but the damage mitigation when used properly is pretty darn useful.
    • Like x 6
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

This idea is awesome for stealth users like myself.
    • Like x 1
  4. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Would certainly make Batman better in Legends.
    • Like x 1
  5. John New Player

also that surprise attack move in pvp when you hit stealth and hurry up and hit surprise attack your frozen for a few seconds
  6. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

I think that was mostly for Playstation as the transformation lag was making stealth unusable. If they made it more like a shield, the mod could always give you 2 seconds extra before stealth breaks.
    • Like x 1
  7. space outlaw Well-Known Player

i don't know man, i mean think about it, if you are the one trying to find someone who is invisible and they keep hitting you with1080 every time would you really be okay with that i know i would that to much hit for one move
    • Like x 1
  8. Twilight Man New Player

I love Stealth...but it still feels out of place in this game, as odd as that sounds considering the content source.
    • Like x 1
  9. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

They could always make players slightly visable when they are attacking in stealth, NTM Tanks can already naturally see through stealth, and if stealth is such a problem there is a perception innate bonus in the iconics tree to counteract stealth.
    • Like x 1
  10. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

When i hear about other games Rogue or Assassin classes i feel as if stealth in this game needs more attention.
    • Like x 3
  11. JonnyD New Player

Stealth would be used more often if it worked like it does in legends: not requiring to be out of combat. You change that, and a lot of people will bother putting stealth on their loadout, even if it takes them out of stealth once attacked. Staying in stealth until a certain amount of damage is done is a bit OP though...you talk about other games, but most other games I've used you get out of stealth once attacking or being attacked/detected.
    • Like x 1
  12. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

I think Stealth can already be used in combat, at least i recall it being able to, currently Quantum.

I have only heard stories of these other games, with stealth being important, or things like 30man raids.

I know the cunning skill innate gives +1 stealth and +crit power chance, it would be interesting if Controllers could give power while in stealth with a buff to crit power chance. though this may cause trouble in the Controller community, unless that is they gave Quantum an interdimensional stealth mode, and maybe Hardlight some sort of hardlight armor form change that boosted Crit attack and Crit power chance. Again this would need to allow players to remain stealth while using attack powers in the case of Controllers debuffs/CC.
    • Like x 1
  13. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Your correct stealth can be cast in combat. It's cooldown was increased to 30 seconds. The HT mod grants 2.5 seconds of invulnerability. You could put NVB clip it with the signal and cast another damaging power from stealth all within that time and be invulnerable. It currently is usable now that they've made some changes but will always be somewhat gimmicky.

I like the idea of it functioning as a shield to a certain degree but would need to be adjusted quite heavily to keep it from being overpowered in game. I've used it to carry my SC and damage powers while trolling. I've used it in group content in damage stance just to carry extra powers. It works best in solo content/PvP open world in its current state. That said it is usable but could be improved to be more viable. I just don't think its a huge priority(not saying you feel that way).
    • Like x 3
  14. JonnyD New Player

Quantum uses tunneling, not stealth. I thought that gadget stealth and metal's illusion could only be used out of combat, not sure if that changed. I was also not talking about consumables but is that what this is about?
    Well nevermind then.
  15. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

It was changed in GU 17. Most people are referring to the home turf improved stealth mod. Which grants the stealth ability a 2.5 second invulnerability(basically guaranteeing that you'll get an attack off. It also can be used as a shield if timed correctly. The mod also grants increased movement speed so a player could use it to get to a downed player on the other side of the room.

I haven't noticed anyone talking about consumable's with stealth but using a personal dampening field before casting could help if you don't have the mod.

Some powers retain stealth like neo venom boost, iconic robot, the destruct signal etc(theirs a list on the gadgets guide). A player could cast those in a row to get more powers off and retain stealth giving them more access to powers. However stealth cancels modifiers and will not apply debuffs. Those are things to keep in mind when choosing how to use it.

The OP was asking for stealth to be made more viable. Some other players are hoping for the same. If their is little lag or a player gets creative it can still be used in its current state. An adjustment could make it more of a standard but I personally don't think anything will help until the latency is fixed.
    • Like x 4
  16. Minnion Devoted Player

One change I would like to see done to stealth is the ability to use your basic movement mode while in stealth mode... (Kind of hard to feel like batman when you can't climb at all while trying to sneak around.... (Pretty sure Martian Manhunter could be stealthy while flying too.)
    • Like x 4
  17. NCR RANGER New Player

oooooooooooooooo 2.5 seconds. how about 60.
    • Like x 1
  18. Agnetta Dedicated Player

that would be so balanced. all you would see is 8 gadget raids lol.
    • Like x 4
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Keep in mind,
    Even though the HT mod gives you 2.5 invulnerability, if you have a dot placed on you, once activating stealth, you will be kicked out of stealth.

Aside from that, stealth is working fine with the mod.
    • Like x 1
  20. NCR RANGER New Player

hell yea!