STATS REVAMP: VULNERABLE to INTERRUPT & CAST TIMES

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by hotsizz1e03, May 2, 2017.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Do the Devs realize that VULNERABLE to INTERRUPT(V2I) are the LEAST picked POWERS, because of CAST TIMES, risk and NO REWARD.. If they are going to BALANCE the game they need to make V2I a VIABLE/COMPETITIVE OPTION..

Its the same REASON, that CELEST will SUFFER again(not including HAUNT and SMITE SPAM FEST), because of the long animation cast times, that DO NOT OFFER A REWARDING DAMAGE, vs spam 2 moves to get higher results in damage.. how can they improve V2I you ask? Heres my Suggestions;

1. ALL V2I have low 100 cost or NO COST. (this might be an issue due to the developers POWER COST RULE)smh
    2. Reduce Animation times by a sec
    3. ALL V2I have NO COOLDOWNs. Seriously a wait time to cast again? Maybe in SUPPORT ROLES but not DPS role.
    4. I would say buff by up to but not limited to 50% to make up for the 2-4second channelled times.

The game cannot be balanced PURELY off power cost.. That is absurd.. I dont get the logic on that..You cannot give a CAR and a TRUCK the same horsepower and call it BALANCE.. that car is still faster because of the lighter weight. Animation/cast times ALWAYS have to be an added factor when BALANCING powers! Longer animations SHOULD ALWAYS BE REWARDING!!

I mean whats the issue? They apply the same LOGIC for weapons.. Longer combos do more dmg. How is that not applied to powers from the trey? I dont get it.. Maybe you guys can offer suggestions as well or explain whats going on..

Id say revamp is 30% complete at this point and its been out since last winter.. Idk when they plan on launching the revamp and playing LIVE as ELECTRIC is SUPER BORING..

Curious to know what are all of your thoughts down below.. I really want V2I to be COMPETITIVE/VIABLE..

This POST was INSPIRED BY SABER SOUZA even though ive been mentioning this ISSUE for MONTHS... But he actually has the footage.. Go check it out.. As well.. Whether you agree or disagree.. EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY..:):)

2. Hatmaster New Player

I'd rather see the cast abilities just be much stronger than they are now in damage output, so that it balances out with the cast time for them in terms of DPS output. shortening the cast times will only reduce the risk in the "risk/reward" system these channeled abilities play, which isn't the issue here. The reward itself isn't worthwhile, so let's change that.
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!! I was just offering suggestions.. But im fine with that suggestion as well as it definitely makes up for the drop in DMG.. All we are asking is to make ALL POWERS COMPETITIVE/VIABLE even INCLUDING ICONICS!(Shoutout to VENOM BOOST)
    • Like x 1
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Electric is Super Boring?

Super Unusable I'll agree.

The title of Super Boring easily goes to Rage for having to spam dreadful blast on live.
  5. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

how can electric be fun to you.. Its weak on dps.. and too power hungry as heals..
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Damage was suppose to be based off of animation times but it's whatever now I think I'm done for the most part.
    This person has about all they could handle with this so called testing. It's frustrating, they do not listen or act like they do and then ninja change things back in hopes that you do not catch it.

This BS is getting old. SSDD.
    All I'm going to do now is toss in my 2 cents and then they can shoot themselves in the foot
    because I'm going to LMAO when they do..................DCUO can lie in the bed that they make.
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

If you're referring to quantum, that was a bad change you offered that they tried that ended up screwing over loadout variability and weapon based quantum, not to mention the fact that quantum already lands in the top 3 for ranged damage when time bomb hits everytime and it takes the least skill out of them. They changed it back after complaints and put it in the notes for the update so noone was hiding anything. Your idea just didn't work.
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

what happened to quantum??
  9. Moja Developer

Hey everyone. Now that all Powers have been brought under the Stats Revamp standards for testing, we will be looking at broad sweeping issues like the ones listed in this thread and making changes across the board as needed. If you feel that certain types of abilities are generally overperforming or underperforming, please give that feedback.

Also, we agree that channels and abilities with long cast times currently feel too weak (as a general rule), so we will be adjusting the throughput multipliers for those ability types across the board.

A look behind the scenes: the reason for their current state is not that cast times are not accounted for (they are), but that another balance parameter is power cost per second. A 300 cost channel that lasts 3s is only draining 100 power per second, so balance-wise it gets a power damage multiplier similar to that of spammers. We have additional bonus multipliers applied to channels/cast abilities as well, but they are obviously too small at the moment, so we will be bumping those up to make these types of abilities more efficient.

Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 7
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The adjustment for abilities with long cast times will apply to combo powers too, right?
    • Like x 1
  11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Time bomb's cooldown was originally 6 seconds and they lowered it to 4 seconds. At 4 seconds, you could only cast 3 abilities, and 1 of them was locked in as alcubierre wave and if you had a 200 power cost on your loadout for each of the 4 second cycles, you'd drain power too fast which forced a 100 power cost move. so it was aclu then 2 100 power cost spams and that was it recycled. When it was 6 seconds, you could cast 5 moves so you could do alcu 2 100's, then alcu 200 or whichever order you preferred before time bomb went off . When it was lowered to 4 seconds it also made it an extremely tight window to catch weapon mastery combos between seeing as rifle weapon mastery and ma uppercut wm were basically ticking their final tick like less than a second before time bomb went off and those were short wm combos. If you were doing a 4 or 5 tap reg combo or a longer weapon mastery combo you wouldn't be able to land your big hit before time bomb went off which would hurt time bomb's damage and hurt your overall damage. It was changed back to 6 seconds in the last patch.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

The per second cost now makes sense but in regards to locking you in place and making you vulnerable to interrupt. Even if you buff them the damage result from it it still not worth the safe clippable damage that you can do in the time. It has always been the case. The only time casts and channels were remotely worth it was the AMs.

I don't think we would find a slight bump worth it with so many restrictions on the reward.
    • Like x 3
  13. InnerBeast New Player

Super weak doesn't qualify as boring. The funnest dps on live imo is STILL nature, using primal wolf. It's weak as hell, of course, since they absolutely demolished it underneath their nerf hammer, but the concept of it's DPS output hasn't changed. That's how it is with electric. The way the power plays is still very fun. The fact that it's weak is what makes it worse, because all the powers that actually do great damage are boring in comparison.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Was going to post this in Fire thread, but looks likes it's locked. Does anyone know what MD's cd doesn't begin immediately when you get interrupted or cancel it by jumping? Normally it has a 1.1 second CD i think. But if you're interrupted, the ability stays dark for about 1.5 seconds and then the CD starts, so a total of almost 3 seconds if you cancel it.
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Question:
    Assuming there were enough people that agreed, would you guys be open to changing the max sp needed for 1 stat and or how the escalating factors for a particular stat?

Reason I'm asking for in regards to the power stat. While I like the extra power increase for 165-175sp, for healers and certain dps powers that need it currently unless ability costs are changed, that's becomes a huge loss in damage or sustain for the group for having to put in that many sp. I was thinking of making the cap for each stat 150sp instead of 175 (stats escalating faster accordingly) and then changing power to 125sp so it becomes easier to access the highest tier of it.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Also, another suggestion, could we remove Mass Detonations knockdown and get some extra damage (in addition to the extra damage we're discussing in this thread taking into account cast times)? A casted power with a knockdown is pretty much useless, since you want the knockdown before the cast, not after, lol. And since there's a cooldown, the knockdown doesn't work to help you spam it either.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

While I agree that a cap of 150 would be convenient for healers and trolls, especially battle healers and trolls, and tanks too, it would make it too easy for dps to have huge damage differences. On live currently there are over 300 sp available. With 40 in crits, 10 in weapon, that leaves 250. So someone could easily max out might and still have 100 for precision too. Or they could skip crits and go full might and full precision (not sure how that would add up) or full might and full power. You get the point?
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Instead of escalating upwards like you're suggesting, I actually think there needs to be diminishing returns to balance things out between someone who has 300 sp and 150 sp for example. Not huge diminishing returns, but something to level out the playing field a bit.
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

crits is actually 60*
    a person with 300 would be able to do
    60 - crits
    150 - might
    7/8 - per weapon besides rifle tap
    7 - breakout regen needed for duos/solos
    75 - extra stat
    • Like x 1
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

There's not supposed to be a balance between someone with 150sp and 300sp. That's a ridiculous difference in time and money spent in the game to have a negligable advantage.
    • Like x 3