Stats Revamp: Stats and Progression

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Oh I'd like that too but that takes more work than just giving us Total Recovery Kits. With all the work currently being put into the stats matter update and anniversary event, I'd imagine a simple "fix".

Now, ideally the Precision based powers would just stay Precision but I can see where they're going with the change to allow people to try different powers and not worry about having to heavily re-mod just to change their power. I'm a HL player and always have been so I don't want to have to re-mod those Olympian mods but if I have to for future updates or making gameplay smoother, I'll do it.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I think an easy route would be to get rid of single stat might or precision mods and just change them all to might and precision.
    • Like x 3
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

I think this would be a good idea. Then depending on what stat you want to focus on you then invest into that stat with your SP.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That I can agree with and wouldn't mind either
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I was thinking about this idea when you first showed the live stream teaser. It was mentioned again from a leaguemate last night.

Would it be bad to have one unified role-less gear set? (Think OP items or PvP gear.) The way stats are in the game and the fact that a lot of them are now intermingling (shields and dom as example.) it would make for a more simplified option.

This would help with the vendor grind change for having to have two roles. It opens up for more min/maxing of stats. The only downside I would see is the modding, but in that regard, it would be like your lair mainframe.

Based on primary roles, they would still follow the rules of damage, but they would gain benefits to off role stats. This would also allow more fluid options in group makeup.

Just a thought and request.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one in this thread should be specific to testers testing version 1.1 of the stats revamp.
    • Like x 1
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

Hybrid builds as in mixing and matching gear? Example: wearing 4 pieces of dps and 4 pieces of tank gear in tank role. Far less defense and dominance than wearing a full set, but giving just enough dominance to get by upper content. Is this what the developers are encouraging?

If so, I hope tanks would be encouraged to wear a full set of tank gear in elite content to encourage more support stats.

As of now, some tanks only wear 2 to 3 pieces of tank gear, the rest I'd dps gear. Defense is not a valued stat in upper content.

I'm seeking clarification on the value of these stats, and especially how stats will matter in tank role.
  8. Moja Developer

Hybrid builds as in focusing both on survival and damage.

We haven't finalized Dominance requirements yet (the tooltips for Suggested Dominance on test are not accurate), but will likely end up requiring Tanks/Controllers to wear a significant amount of role gear to meet those thresholds, especially in Elite. Alternatively, players can use mods and skill points to make up the deficit, although this is inefficient - it's better to wear Tank gear and use DPS mods/skillpoints than vice versa. This is because Tank gear has better Health, Defense, and Dominance, so Tanks (especially in Elite content) will generally favor it over DPS gear.

Defense will always be valuable, since the cap has been removed!

In general, Tanks want the following stats:
    • Health: keeps you alive longer and allows you to take bigger hits
    • Defense: similar to health, but lower EHP because of the indirect benefit to incoming healing
    • Dominance: boosts shields and increases crowd control priority
    • Restoration: boosts healing and shields
    • Like x 6
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

Thank you for the detailed response and clarification in the direction the developer team is aiming to do. A very satisfactory response.
  10. HarryHell Well-Known Player

No not really, unless we get huge jump in cr soon
  11. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Probably premature, but do you intend for dominance to have same effect for fire tanks as it does now (increase health, self heals and healing in).
    Also I don't know if this is what the majority is feeling, but i do prefer dominance to buff tank powers like it does now, just maybe more balanced, (ie. Ice- def, fire- health).
    Oh and for tanks please keep resto away from shields, in my opinion restoration should be healer stat first, and a small boost to tanks that maxed out on dom/def/health
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

Not the reason for the question but Thanks I appreciate the thought behind the reply.
  13. HarryHell Well-Known Player

???

Today you gain cr the fastest while lvling, but neither Lpve or any pvp is needed to get your sp to become higher than your cr (a lot of grinding is required though), today there is about 300 SP available and the majority of these are in normal pve gameplay (I would say around 75%) max cr is 190. So unless huge cr jumps will occur, keeping sp in line with cr, will be obtainable not doing lpve or pvp.

So if getting a response from someone not a dev is not the reason for the question, or you mean something completely else please specify.
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Question: How is shield strength calculated for tank, troller and healer. Is it all the same calculation such as dominance + restoration. And if so shouldnt gear give healers a small amount of dominance since their shields are no longer calculated as 125% of restoration?
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

I've been playing since 2012, I know how the game worked in the past and how it currently works.

Anyone can answer, but only the Dev Team would have the information that would correctly answer the question.

There are feats being put in places a large portion of the community doesn't agree with or like. That is the reasoning behind the question.

So unless you have some specific knowledge on exactly how stats revamp is going to change the way SP are gained and/or if it is going to have content a person must have those extra SP from, and if SP are now going to be a necessity for completing content and therefore will be required for progression to the next tier,

You can't answer the question correctly.

F.Y.I. I have been reading all of the notes They have placed for those of us using Test, and no, those notes don't have the information within them.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Weaponization is now part of Precision and Might damage in Mods and such. What changes were done to it? Ihaven't gotten a chance to look into it in full on Test yet. I noticed it as i was logging out for the night.
  17. HarryHell Well-Known Player

F.Y.I They havent stated anything about changing how gaining SP works, nothing stated means no imminent change, allthough can be changed in near future.
    The feats players dont like are being put into stuff that for most will cost real money, these are currently a very small part of the available feats, the upcoming event cant be completed without using money, within its first go.
    Avair stated they see SP following CR meaning that they'll build content around CR and SP have same number.

This is probably the best answer you will get, devs do not have the future written in stone, so they will probably neither answer more correctly.

Next time adress your question to the devs, and the devs alone, and don't be daft about people actually answering you.

Also devs have previously stated that they wont force people to play pvp to keep up in pve
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Content was always designed with the least amount of skill points and no mods in mind. With that being said, SP were never a complete necessity for completing content and even on test now they are not a necessity for completing content.

They will give you a slight advantage should you forgo and choose to run an unbalanced group.

SP are not required for progression to the next tier.

Nor will they be considered for new content due to new players coming in have to have a chance with the minimum skill points available, even if that minimum is less than 50 SP.

You probably want to ask about mods being necessary for completing high-end content. And even then I believe the answer is the same.
    • Like x 1
  19. MrB Dedicated Player

I'm a little confused on what Vit does now with changes 1.1 and I'm hoping to get some clarification. With the latest changes is it beneficial to spec into vit if you're not a troll? Is the innate power back affected by vit? I've seen some posts that say if you put your SP into power you will have your power regen faster, which does not seem right. Thanks.
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Not really sure if your power affects the Self regen buff implemented on 1.1, but it does affect the power back that you get from your weapon attacks tho.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.