Stats Revamp: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

Polymorph and Baleful seem under-powered. Polymorph was better-- it actually transformed Artemis. Baleful wasn't doing much in the way of either crowd control or damage.

Playing without a pet is sort of viable, but it requires a lot more mods and skill points. Arbiter of Destiny might be good enough to compensate if you don't use a Pet. Final Ruin is now a very good power.

PROGRESSION COMMENT: Guardian isn't all that useful without offering, but you get guardian several levels before offering in the progression. Why not bestow both abilities at the same time? That would say to new players "here: these abilities go together... see how well they work? This is how you use pets".

I've been testing all the powers using the seeing shades again solo mission. CR166 and about 100 skill points. 4 VIII mods and no home turf goodies. With sorcery:
    • Fury with the GS or Arbiter of Destiny Supercharge was easy.
    • Watcher with the GS or Arbiter of Destiny Supercharge was pretty easy.
    • Non-pet with the Arbiter of Destiny supercharge worked great.
    • Non-pet with Grand Summoning was ok, but not having Offering in my load out greatly weakened GS.
    • Pet with no supercharge was challenging.
    • No pet with Polymorph or Baleful-- never finished. I probably could have finished with polymorph if I'd added some more mods, spent some more skill points, or just kept trying over and over, but I gave up after 2 close tries.
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

Each Offering that you pop he hits just once.
  3. Infamous Hacker Active Player

I am really not liking the changes to Sorcery. It was my favorite power, and i was excited to get a "play from the tray" option with this iteration of the Revamp...

The change to Transmutation feels wrong, and its highly confusing that it was changed at all.

Sorcery dps without the Fury is largely a waste of time.

Karmic Suspension is inferior to Shard of Life and the old Transmutation in both range and animation. Id rather see its range and animations replaced with one of those suggestions.

Playing from the tray isnt possible. I invested 90 skill points into power, and 60 into critical atk chance and magnitude, and the rest into my weapon and flight tree for breakout power regeneration. First I will say that doing this doesnt allow for you to have appropriate might and prec stat bonuses for a dps at my cr. My damage suffered greatly and i moved through any and all content at a glacial pace. After using all the powers in my loadout once I was reduced to using only Transmutation (the weakest power in my loadout) to deal any further damage while playing from the tray. Circle of destruction, Transmutation, Soul Siphon, Soul Barrage, Karmic Suspension, and Baleful Transmogrification was my loadout. My damage out has to be crippled in order for me to KINDA play the way I would like to, and thats not right.

Playing with the fury is basically the same as it ever was, but it shouldnt be my ONLY competitive play option.. Your loadout should consist of Damage over time abilities Circle of Destruction, and Soul Well, Fury and Offering, Karmic Suspension, and a supercharge ability. You will be using your weapon attacks (Solar Flare) in the down time of your DoTs. The Fury's attacks can and do miss because its trying to predict where my opponents will be while im attacking them. That has been a problem of the Fury since the AMs were released. This needs to be finally fixed.

A suggestion I have for playing from the tray is to perhaps make a mod (or something similar) that you can put in somewhere that changes your cooldowns so that you can use your burst abilities in the 1234 loadout method that you have on live now. Do that for every power and there is your Play from the tray option. You wont have to suffer on damage due to your skillpoint allocation, and that would make A LOT of players happy. Having the BALANCED OPTION to play this way would be very well received.

As Sorcery is now I dont like it, I also dont like the lack of real play from the tray options, I hope I can find a suitable alternative, or I may have to leave the game...
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Okay some more thoughts about the feel of sorcery.

Invocation of Renewal's* sounds is the worst. Like terrible, I had to remove it from my loadout terrible.

I never used the move to power Watcher before, but I put it on my loadout due to losing shard (OMFG still the worst) and found that I didn't have to use my instant heal very often due to Watcher doing it's job.

Possible bug report: Watcher's power continually fluctuated even when they were not healing or damaging any thing. It was really annoying and should be fixed (bug or not).
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So how come we can never get answers to questions like why was pi damage taken down to 10%??? Why was the up time of buff cut from 12 seconds to 6 seconds and other questions we may ask??? In my opinion those are 2 things that did not and should not have been changed especially the buff time, why cut that down in makes no sense? Can we have some answers? It would help us understand things more clearly if we knew why some things were changed but with these two topics there really isn't any reason to change them thats why im so interested in knowing why they where changed....
    • Like x 2
  6. Infamous Hacker Active Player

They mentioned that as a part of the stats revamp they are trying to bridge the damage out gap between the dps roles and the support roles. They didnt want the dps to be so many millions/billions ahead of the support roles. To that end Power Interaction damage was lowered, buff abilities were nerfed, and 30, 40, 50, and 60% damage modifiers were removed etc.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If thats the reason thats kind stupid, damage dealers are there to do the damage not other roles. I'm not opposed to other roles chipping in but not at the cost of taking away core elements like pi damage. Also the buff going down to 6 seconds brings actual usable buff time to around 4.5 seconds. It could even be as low as only 3 seconds if your playing from the tray cause of cast times. 3 seconds of a buff.....like really you got to be kidding me.

Edit: And i know i keep asking these questions and harping on them but some things just DO NOT need to be changed. Buffs only being self buffs was a step in the right direction, then like usual they go one more step forward and make changes that didn't need to be made.
    • Like x 8
  8. Infamous Hacker Active Player

I also really dont appreciate that you free up a loadout spot for controllers by getting rid of PoT powers, but you force sorcery healers to now add offering to their loadout if they use their pet. Ive said it before, but in order to give power to your pet you should only have to press the pet summoning button again not take up another spot on your loadout for offering.... this should apply to all pet powers. We only have 6 spaces unless you are gadgets or mental...

Transmutation definitely needs to be turned back to its previous animation and effects because if you fire the projectile and the enemies move a little bit out of range you will have missed, but the old Transmutation had a large area of effect, and you could even redirect the area of effect of you missed while using it.
    • Like x 5
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

On live right now I use both offering and RW for healing and i love it. The change to RW imo was a bad one, I don't know why they keep messing with the core mechanics of the powers :confused:
    • Like x 1
  10. Infamous Hacker Active Player

I dont either... There wasnt anything wrong with RW or Transmutation... yet here we are.
    • Like x 2
  11. Extinction Active Player

Bring back please:
    Red Aura visual effect, its too iconic and awesome
    Transmutation range and effects like its on Live currently,
    Shard of Life like its on Live!!!
    Ritualistic Word give power to Watcher too like its on Live
    Soul Syphon with its healing powers back like its on Live
    Make Fury not miss his attacks, like Crystal

Not loving Grand Summoning at 100% SuperCharge tbh.
    • Like x 3
  12. Dead13 Well-Known Player

Arbiter of Destiny - lets make this abilty without using supercharge. For example. like werewolf form in nature. Anyway no one would't use it while we have grand summoning supergarge power. In Arbiter form player can't use thier regular pet and wouldnt be like pet's troll. SO. Person will have a choice. to do dmg with pet in normal form, or change to arbiter form, and make damg without pet. ;)
  13. Dead13 Well-Known Player

abd let's change skin of this arbiter, make him more brutal
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Here's a DPS guide for Sorcery. I conducted all tests on Raven in Gotham Wastelands. My spec had 10,004 Might and no crits. I threw out all samples which were crits or that hit while Raven was blocking. I timed cooldowns with a stopwatch based on the red dial you see after you use an ability. Power costs were taken using the "get naked and soder" method. All damage ranges were taken without PI. Add 10% more damage to the abilities that leverage Bad Karma if you want to know the damage with PI. Anyone can use this information in whatever manner they wish.

Abilities that Inflict Bad Karma

Soul Siphon (28 samples)
    Cost: 270 power
    Cooldown: 3 sec
    Range: Long
    Shape: Narrow AoE cone
    Targets: 1-8 (splits after 2)
    CC: Pull
    Damage: 6,692-7,317 (7,004 average)

Soul Storm (3 shotgun-spread projectiles) (68 samples)
    Cost: Medium power
    Cooldown: 2 sec
    Shape: Medium-width cone
    CC: None
    Damage: 2,289-2,550 (2,420 average)
    Total: 6,867-7,650 (7,259 average)

Circle of Destruction (12 dot ticks) (33 samples)
    Cost: 350 power
    Cooldown: 12 sec
    Shape: Large Spherical AoE centered on target
    Damage: 1,060-1,140 (1,100 average)
    Total: 12,720-13,680 (13,200 average)

Abilities that Leverage Bad Karma

Transmutation (22 samples)
    Cost: 135 power
    Cooldown: 1 sec
    Damage: 4,056-4,675 (4,366 average)

Vengeance (27 samples)
    Cost: 135 power
    Cooldown: 1 sec
    Shape: Ray
    Targets: 1
    Damage: 4,851-5,333 (5,092 average)

Soul Barrage (5 shotgun-spread projectiles) (96 samples)
    Cooldown: 2 sec
    Shape: Medium-width cone
    Damage: 1,410-1,654 (1,532 average)
    Total: 7,250-8,270 (7,760 average)

Final Ruin (4 dot ticks) (47 samples)
    Cooldown: 4 sec
    Damage: 2,030-2,197 (2,114 average)
    Total: 8,120-8,788 (8,454 average)

Condemn (6 dot ticks) (107 samples)
    Cost: 450 power
    CC: Stun
    Damage: 2,289-2,669 (4,958 average)
    Total: 13,734-16,014 (14,874 average)

Abilities that Use No Interaction

Karmic Suspension (SC Generator) (27 samples)
    Range: Medium
    Shape: Spherical AoE centered on caster
    CC: Juggle
    Damage: 714-791 (753 average)

Karmic Backlash (22 samples)
    Range: Short
    Shape: Spherical AoE centered on caster
    CC: Knock Down
    Damage: 8,429-11,049 (9,739 average)

Soul Well (12 dot ticks) (34 samples)
    Range: None
    Shape: Large Spherical AoE centered on Soul Well
    Damage: 884-968 (926 average)
    Total: 10,608-11,616 (11,112 average)

Weapon of Destiny (Weapon Buff)
    Effect: 33% more precision/other stuff for 6 sec

Offering (Gives power to pet)
    Cooldown: 6 sec

Summon: Fury (Pet)
    • Arcane Barrage (Pet Attack) (13 samples)
    • Damage: 13,963-14,494 (14,229 average)
    [IMG]

Supercharges

Baleful Transmogrification (10 dot ticks) (26 samples)
    Cost: 50% SC
    Cooldown: IDGAF
    Targets: 1-8
    CC: Stun
    Damage: 1,850-2,109 (1980 average)
    Total: 18,500-21,090 (19,795 average)
    Note: Inflicts Bad Karma on 8

Polymorph (5 dot ticks) (24 samples)
    Cost: 50% SC
    Cooldown: IDGAF
    CC: Form change (dog)
    Damage: 4,239-4,651 (4,445 average)
    Total: 21,195-23,255 (22,225 average)
    Note: Inflicts Bad Karma on 1

Transcendence 50%
    Grand Summoning 100%
    Arbiter of Destiny 100%

Personal Notes:

Pet damage is too high to take off your loadout. Devs please lower Fury's damage and compensate the other abilities in some way. I don't want to have to use Fury all the time.
    • Like x 6
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I Knew it!!!! :D
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think the reality with Fury is that it is less power spent on the big hit plus his small attacks. Sure you get slower power regen using it, but considering the power cost for Condemn it somehow seems worth it.
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

Here's another issue:

Why in the world do we still have projectile abilities that have travel time????? Soul Storm, Soul Barrage, Transmutation, Arcane Barrage, Gauss Grenade, Spark Barrage, Electrostatic Bomb... they all make me want to punch my monitor in half.
    • Like x 3
  18. EasternTime New Player

well its a "Pet based power" so it makes sense for the dps side to be reliant on it's pets
    • Like x 3
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Electric was a dot based power and they neutered it. If AMs are going then relying on Pets must go also.
    • Like x 3
  20. EasternTime New Player

yeah but without that sorcery has no good damage output (The same can be said for Earth)
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.