Stats Revamp PvP - Is it worth coming back the game for?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KodyDerp, Jul 15, 2017.

1. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Hi there, like the title says, I'm wondering if PvP has changed positively with the stats revamp on the test server? If so, is the change enough to bring back old players? Or is it worse than it previously was and I should just keep my distance from the game as I've been doing?
  2. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

No, absolutely not. Wouldn't even be an issue if they were at least trying to improve PvP but they're doing f**kall about it. This is a PvE game, and they should just remove PvP all together.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

That is a pretty ridiculous statement. Broken or not there are still plenty of people who still like pvp and it gives bored people something to do in between the little content there is to run on pve for people at end game. If you dont like pvp thats fine. If you think it's so broken that it's not worth playing that's also fine, then simply don't play pvp. There is absolutely no reason to get rid of anything. If anything more stuff needs to be added to the game. Nothing should be taken away or removed regard,ess if they ever plan on fixing/improving upon it.
    • Like x 4
  4. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

No-one will comeback for this update. The Devs have to do a lot more for PvP to be fun again
    • Like x 2
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I haven't tested this PvP in this version of the revamp but it was terrible before. Worse than on live. I believe that there's a PvP thread on the testing section with the specifics.

Honestly I don't expect PvP to be fixed yet but I'm seriously nervous about this revamp making it worse.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hmm, let's see:

Damage was nerfed
    Passive Power regen was buffed
    Shields were nerfed. They absorb 100% damage again but have a low cap.
    PvP gear completely destroys PvE gear in any situation.

Those were just my first impressions from dueling, I'm not 100% sure how support roles were effected overall yet, but there's also crit caps as well so while healers have the same base heal values, but their crits will be a lot lower.
  7. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Pvp Stat revamp hasn't been done yet they just adding minor changes to hold people from burning the village down.
    • Like x 2
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree with this.

Though my problem with the power regen buff is that players can abuse the spam. I played against a celestial (I was electricity) and I beat him twice but his damage was always higher than mine and he did go a little extreme. I asked him if he was running out of power and he replied no. Of course this could have also been because we were both 101 and fully modded.

To me the damage seems slightly more balanced than on live server BUT I haven't tested HL, atomic or fire yet which are OP on live. I'm really hoping that flame cascade doesn't just erase a player's health.

I've noticed that PvP gear has a large advantage in duels (if this is the case for open world then I'll be happier than anyone could ever understand).

I agree that shields have been adjusted and they absorb 100% of damage but I felt that the iconic shield lasted a little longer than my flux shield but I'll be double checking that again tomorrow morning.

One change I've noticed is that If you change to healer role after a round and set a HoT and switch back to DPS the HoT is gone. I'm assuming that this is the case with PoT as well.

Edit: This HoT is set using Galvanize.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lots of changes with ZERO testing.

The tinkering was done to see if it would help fix PvP, in place of fixing PvP.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's plenty of testing in PvP. You don't see testers crying about people just standing around and dueling all day? Half the test server population are pvpers.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Really? So all these last minute changes that will hit live within the next two weeks will be thoroughly tested? Dueling is not pvping, that's dueling. How do all these changes effect 8s, 5s, 4s, 2s, and 1s? What kind of testing was done? Was each weapon and power tested, if so How?

Fatal, not attacking you, but there is no medium or goal of plan with testing. Each person plays their own way. There has to be some kind of uniform way of testing everything or else everything done will be a wash. The goal was balancing, not shifting one OP way of playing to another.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There are people asking for scrims constantly in server chat. Arenas are being tested. You know you should stop being so quick to jump to conclusions on things you're not that familiar with.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

People are testing pvp. Just not as vocal on it here. Since PVE is the main focus, that is what is primarily being talked about. Because most of the time a PVE change affects PVP change, and until the PVE changes are finalized we dont have a real idea of where PVP stands.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They've actually done a good job in keeping the two separated in the revamp. Yes the original concept effected PvP overall but they have the tech to separate mechanics from the two.
    • Like x 1
  15. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Meh, it's been almost 3 years since a real PvP update. Everything since then has been nothing but bandaid updates with the devs unwilling to even change MA lunge to make live more tolerable.
    It's very clear the devs don't care about PvP. I have 0 faith in any meaningful change. IMO, live is simply gonna change from one broken game to another.
    Couple that with the fact that supposedly there won't be a PvP update until after Water comes out and it's really clear to see the devs are perfectly fine letting PvP stay broken for however long they want it to be.

Don't get me wrong, some of the changes are great, but this again isn't a real PvP update. Players will come back for a month or two tops and all leave again just like GU56.
    After that it'll again come down to a waiting game where players will be forced to wait for supposed meaningful changes.
    • Like x 2
  16. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

This doesn't sound bad at all..I couldn't find PvP related threads in the testing section, maybe I'm not looking hard enough or I'm too high, can you link me?
    That's sad to hear, has anyone gotten any real test scrimmages in recently? Where is everyone?
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

We got frustrated and quit caring enough to test.
    • Like x 3
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Don't blame you. Heck, this last round of changes, including the ones for PvP make me said. Why wait until the very end to make the changes? Two weeks of testing seems ridiculous, but this is a pve revamp.
    • Like x 1
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I have against a celestial player. It was alright. Everything Fatal said was true and the shields definitely stop 100% of damage. I will say that it's not so much better than live. The counters are still delayed (I felt maybe even a little more on test) and with this power regen people can spam even though powers seem to be a little more balanced. I was electricity and he was celestial.
    • Like x 1
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I need to make an adjustment to my statement because I don't want to take anything away from those that put in some hard work regarding testing Arena PVP. I personally haven't tested a single thing in Arena PVP this time around because I just wasn't interested in helping the Developers band-aid Arenas again along with the fact the three peeps I did Arenas with for the last two and a half years have quit sadly. So when I said "We" I should have stated "They". I did do a thorough round of Legends testing a month and a half back but I've just been to busy to re-test them lately to see if they fixed everything I found that was completely broken. But yeah, regarding Arena PVP I have to tip my hat to others as I didn't touch that format.
    • Like x 2