Test Discussion Stats Revamp: Powerset Bug Bash

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

We are back with round 2 of some Stats Revamp bug bashing. Some of the combo powers are a bit high on the DPS side and not all of the channel abilities that deal extra damage to low health targets were able to re-target. So in today's update, we have made the following adjustments to some of those abilities.

Please note that this is not the last update we will be making, and that we will continue to test and monitor your feedback.

When testing, please play in content as you usually do and provide any damage number comparisons to other power sets if you see something that might be out of balance.

Atomic -
    • Re-balanced Atomic Combos: Reduced the damage of Beta Flood, Thermochemical Explosion, Atom Fragmentation, and Nuclear Blast
    • Reduced the power cost and damage of Neutron Explosion
    • Reduced the healing from Atomic Combos while in PvP (yes just PvP)

Rage -
    • Re-balanced Rage Combos: Reduced the damage of Outrage's Extra Measure

Tactical Mods -
    • Blast Adaptor now properly works with only weapon attacks.

Combat -
    The following abilities can now be re-targeted during the channel time:
    • Defile
    • Geiger Beam
    • Impaling Thorns
    • Ionic Drain
    • Light Blast
    • Sandblast
    • Small Package
    • Terrorize
    • Torrent
    • Photon Blast
    • Like x 4
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Any eta on fixes for under performing powers?
    • Like x 6
  3. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Nothing for sorcery's powers that get absorbed by anything that happens to be in front of you? There is another thread with numbers for how its underperforming all around.
    • Like x 4
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I like the Blast Adapter update. People are still using it and I keep stay that if you're playing from the tray it doesn't work. Absorption Adapter is the way to go for PftT Superpowered Focus play style.

Now if you're Hybrid or Weapon Focus, then you can still use Blast Adaptor.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Im wondering the same as anxiet above. And why exactly is atomic bein nerfed? Ive seen no issues with it. In fact imo it was in a pretty solid state. Not happy about this at all.

It feels like 4 out of 5 of my toons will not be under performing on the dps side :confused: We still dont even know the baseline for parsing and ive seen only 1 player on here ask for atomic to be touched. So im curious as to how this has come about.
    • Like x 5
  6. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Any word on fixing the shark frenzy bug?
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

I don't get it either. Only place I've seen anyone complain that Atomic is op is Pvp. This is an unwarranted nerf across the board for every atomic combo.
    • Like x 3
  8. Olli Malicious Active Player

Anyone on test that can let us know how bad atomic is now? It was power hungry for decent damage... My fear is that now it will be power hungry for mediocre damage at best.

Oh well it was fun being able to do good damage with combos for only 3 weeks...
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I put some pics in your thread showing its definitely bugged.
  10. Savynaa Well-Known Player

why do you have delete blast adaptor for power ? That many years the mod work with power.
    • Like x 1
  11. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Sorry for the double post i can not edit.

Other subject :
    (I speak for PvE side).

For the powers:

- Why do you begin by nerfing before to raise and fix the low or bugged power ? The powers doing more than intended are not game breaking and people who play the other power are not enjoying because their power are bugged or very low.

For the gameplay style:

- Can we know if you will adujted the hybrid and weapon expert to match up with Pfft ?

For the Controllers:

- Do you will do something ? Because if you continu to blind every controllers will switch power (maybe it's wanted for money power token^^).
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

yes its worse than if he would have been in dps gear.
    • Like x 1
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Nerfing Atomic combos was unwarranted. It parsed on par with other powers mid-range/range, and will now lag behind those powers. Atomic combos are slower using 2 tap, and reducing the damage is gonna make it fall behind the burst damage powers and faster/clipping combo powers (HL and Rage). This was sooooo unnecessary imo.

You have loads of people complaining about healing and controlling yet no changes for that? You made changes literally no one asked for. Can you explain that? It makes absolutely no sense to me. Why so much focus on the pew pew pew and not enough on support roles? You know people can't pew pew without support roles right? Keep making support roles last priority and there won't be any left. It's already pulling teeth to find a troll now (can't say I blame them either). I don't know if its hard to find heals or not since I main heal. Someone who doesn't main heal can chime in if they struggle or not finding healers. Probably isn't too hard finding Water or Elec healers. Better question to ask is how many end game Celestial and Sorcery healers do they see? I bet it isn't near as many as they use to I can tell you that right now.

I mean you have 9 pages of Healing feedback right here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu73-healers.288874/
    Celestial and Sorcery community seem to be pretty much united on their feelings yet no changes made?

You have 5 pages of troll feedback here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu73-controllers.288877/
    Not to mention the countless threads that have been made in Gotham City and Testing Feedback yet no changes made?

You have a small community of people who GENUINELY enjoy playing support roles and they are getting the shaft. You aren't going to get loads and loads of feedback for support roles because let's be honest it's the minority in the community, and continues to get smaller every day especially with the way things are.

Healing and Controlling changes need to be made. This is absolutely ridiculous at this point. Power consumption for Celestial is a crime damn shame, and the HoTs are trash compared to HP (if you want numbers on that I can show you, not a problem). Controllers can't keep the more power hungry powers/roles up on power regardless of spec/mods. Some powers/roles can't even be kept up by two trolls dumping off cooldown...Have you seen HL dps in content even with two trolls? Have you seen a clip heavy Celestial healer in content with two trolls? It's not pretty I'll tell you that. With healing it only shows up as much when AoE damage, mechanic damage, etc. happens. At that point clipping a couple bursts because HoTs do squat all wrecks a power bar. HoTs mitigate 0 damage with as weak as they are which makes absolutely no sense. What's the point in a HoT if it's not going to mitigate damage?

Add some changes for Celestial and Sorcery healing as well as Controlling to this "fix". This mess has gone on long enough, and tbh I'm sick to death of it. I can't even go into content without finding myself pissed off about something, like seeing poopy HoTs that do absolutely nothing or destroying my power bar because I need to clip a few bursts. At least buff up the HoTs properly and healers can manage the power consumption. If HoTs were where they should be power consumption wouldn't even be an issue, because at that point it wouldn't be necessary to use as much power in "stressful" situations.

Support roles need love too!
    • Like x 7
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

^ This!
    I understand the healing nerf on PvP, but damage wise, Atomic was on par with the rest of the powersets (the balanced ones). This change is coming out of nowhere tbh and its going to make the powerset underperform overall.
    • Like x 2
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, I mean, come on, lol. He already specced completely into dps in his sp, you think he would actually be able to tank if he was wearing dps gear too? The reason people are saying this is unfair feedback is because he was in TANK ROLE. In tank role, the atomic combos cost only 100.

Is it possible they were doing too much damage in tank role? Not sure, again, he had all his sp in damage stats, so it's hard to say.

However, in dps role, they cost significantly more, and were not producing OP damage (especially considering most were melee range) by any means. To be fair, though, the devs didn't say where they were getting this feedback from, so it could be based on a privately-PM'd video or something, or even their own research.

If they would give us a baseline number they're shooting for (vs. adds and in boss fights, for example, or ranged vs. melee) it would make it easier to double check.
    • Like x 1
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

its possible u wont have enough dom to CC but yeah its possible in regular raid content, i basicaly just press T to switch to tank role as dps and it works just fine, didnt try in elite though.

i also think that once SM comes out dps role will be totally replaced by battle tanking.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Munitions Survival a lot shorter than other detaunt shields.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

I can do the same thing as an ice tank. In fact i have. Meaning that ive run the alerts as a battle tank, wearing half dps gear and half tank gear, and i can do the same dmg i do as an ice dps wearing all dps gear. Does that mean ice needs a nerf too? The problem is tanks can do more dmg then healers/trollers. Not that atomic hits too hard.

For some reason the dmg penalty was removed for tanks but not the other 2 support roles and the way to fix it is nerf atomic? So i disagree and no it wouldnt of been worse if he was wearing all dps gear. This issue has been brought up by many people on these forums already. U even admit u just push T and it works fine. U cannot do that as a heal/troll and equal or surpass dps players in content.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.