Test Discussion Stats Revamp: Powerset Bug Bash

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Over the past few weeks we have been playing the new update and listening to your feedback. Some abilities have come up multiple times as being out of line with the others and over performing. In today's update, we have made the following adjustments to some of those abilities.

Please note that this is not the last update we will be making, and that we will continue to test and monitor your feedback.

When testing, please play in content as you usually do and provide any damage number comparisons to other power sets if you see something that might be out of balance.

Earth
    • Jackhammer's first hit of damage has been rebalanced to correctly account for it having knockdown.
    • Jackhammer's range has been reduced to correctly account for its melee damage bonus.
    • In Damage role, Jackhammer's aftershocks will no longer knockdown.
    Nature
    • Serpent Call's Poison Spore damage over time effect will now be properly consumed by Roar.
    • The Poison Spore damage over time effects spread by Harvest will now properly split damage.
    • Wolf Form's and Gorilla Form's weapon attacks have been rebalanced to the same guidelines as player weapons.
    Celestial
    • Blessing/Corrupted Blessing will now properly always apply to your character while in Healer role.
    PvP
    • Reduced the damage cap for Shield abilities while in PvP.
    • Like x 14
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Glad to see you guys are working on PvP at the same time
    • Like x 2
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 1
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

FANTASTIC!!!
    I eagerly await Mental Changes for the better
    • Like x 4
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Thank you!
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I am
    No longer an earth player but I was for years so I always keep up with its updates

May I ask why the intial tick of jack hammer is rebalanced due to its knock down capabilities when damage stance doesn't have a knock down now?
    Does rebalanced mean reduced?
    Is this a tank specific fix or is it for both tank and damage ?
  7. Tarif Committed Player

Thanks Spord. Please continue to try to get Our Roles, Powers, and Stats better balanced.

Roles- Largest complaint I have on this is that controllers and dps are really seeming to be at a hindrance here, more than any other. The game is getting flooded with "Battle Support" roles, because when they spec for power in their role, they get the might stat in essence for free. This is taking away the main core stat for a Pftt Dps and the main thing that makes that ROLE unique. Dps are also being clamped in content, when there are more of a specific number of them, while these "Battle Support" roles recieve the Dps stat, yet none of the hindrances.

Im in the opinion that if a dps wants additional power for their characters, they should not just be getting that for free when spec-ing for might as well. We need to work in game, earn our SPs, to be able to do that. This is creating a massive imbalance to our roles. If players wish to have Battle Support roles, and rock that role in content, with the intent to dps, they need to be able to do that with their earned SPs in game, not through this loop hole. That, or I dont know...if they wanted to do damage, they could play the DAMAGE ROLE maybe? Please address this issue.

Stats- This was a Stats Matter Revamp, but like many players, im not feeling like my stats are mattering much at all in comparison to content, and to players that have half the SPs I have earned in game and paid for over the years. Something needs to be addressed here, because when someone of the same power set and skill level with 150 sps can do nearly the same as some players with 300+, things arent balanced at all. Its not about skill. Its how these stats are being represented and mattering to our characters. I know very well that there are some serious imbalanced powers right now, earth, rage, nature- that are putting out two and sometimes three times the amount as other powers, but a lot of us in game really are feeling that our stats that we earned and paid for as customers of the game are not mattering any where near the level that they are meant to be as intended.

This is frustrating because I have spent years grinding for feats, getting my SPs up, purchasing legendary memberships, market place items, replay badges, and even time capsules for the growth and progression of my character in a super hero game. I feel that with my stats not mattering that much at all, and feeling so clamped right now, that that work I put in game for my character, and the money I paid for as a customer for that growth, has been taken from me. I play this game -a Super-Hero game- for my characters growth. That feeling has been taken away from me. This game doesnt feel like I am even playing as a super hero any longer with the state things are in. Please adjust our stats and make them actually matter more than they are being represented now.
    • Like x 2
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I agree 1000% With what He said ^^^
    Stats Should Matter and Sadly for me They just DON'T Feel like they Do.
    I am sure that all the content balancing was merely 1 step to finishing off the Revamp.
    With Powers being addressed now I feel a more Enjoyable experience is on the horizon.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tarif Committed Player

*Claps*
    • Like x 1
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Mental should have "Grodd Form".
    Now that would be awesome!
    • Like x 1
  11. Belthazur Dedicated Player

YESSSS
  12. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

What about sorcery... some of its powers get blocked by other players.. flight does help but if ur not flight, ur screwed...
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

really ?

If this happens you will lose any troll left after this revamp...

no dps will give up the possibility of extra might to get power - as smart as that would be - they just wont.. this will leave the trollers to being even in a worse position then they are now

I get that you dislike battle roles but your obsession that they somehow ruin your game is kinda weird.. it really is not your concern how I troll/Heal/tank as long as they are doing their role then you do yours and instance is done.. you know that support worked for their stats too? think outside the DPS box
    • Like x 4
  14. Vindex Active Player

Please reconsider and re-test Quantum's Time Bomb mechanics and remove it's Damage Cap. There's no sense in putting in pre-loaded maximum damage number on Time Bomb if it's capped.
    • Like x 8
  15. planetkiller500 Active Player

Will sorcery be looked at anytime soon?
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...to-the-revamp-done.290420/page-3#post-4019397
  17. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

There needs to be some serious changes with qauntum i cant hold back any longer i want my favorite power gud again its bs
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

The initial tick is still a knockdown so it got reduced damage. While the Aftershock ticks remain untouched on the damage side they got the knockdown removed to keep them in line of the rules.

The range has been reduced to melee usage so it will also not widely hit targets in a 360° AoE as it does currently on live and you have to be closer to the target now.
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i don't know if you're joking or not but please no.

what would be nice is if invisibility got a little love. its a very weak form change that slows you down, provides no additional defense and only lets you fire off one hard hitting power that has such a close range you end up losing more dps over wasted time than if it hits. seeing as all it takes is one hit point of damage to render you visible its pretty useless in any fight that has environemental effects (dox, bombshell paradox) or lots of ads (which is pretty much every other boss fight). it is not working as intended.

i would really appreciate knowing if mental is getting looked at. the double cast of powers like psychic shock, cryokinesis and telekinesis messes up loadouts and cool down timers in fights. cc effects of powers have no effect in alerts and raids. powers have such a long range that it messes up targeting. comparing it to the treatment other form changes got in this revamp makes it especially frustrating. make it its own supercharge power that has a duration.

i'd also like the telekinetic powers to go back to blowing up inanimate objects and base items.

i finally got around to running a few raids last night and i noticed the mental dps in the raid group only had a slightly better damage output than i did running as a troll. something needs to be looked at. i don't want the power buffed to op one shot am levels...but it would be nice going into an instance, doing everything the "right way" (paying attention to positioning, performing objects, not dying, hitting succesfully with chance powers) and not coming in dead last.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.