Stats Revamp: Power Cost Update 1/11/17

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Thanks, bro.

I think you think we like something about your systems design but shockingly I don't amidst almost 100s of posts on the forums echoing the same feedback.

The only thing I like about the entire design so far is the removal of power point restriction and the new SP tree.

Other than that, everything else, I strongly hate like I would hate my cheating ex-wife.

I and the rest of the player base does not want to invest into power just so that we can play from the tray. That's not a choice because you are forcing us to do so by placing artificial limitations. As a DPS, I have never specced into power over the last 6 years even when there was no power regeneration/return of any kind, no player ever has and yet here we are, being told to do so.

You say you want to create more choices for us whereas you seem to be making them for us as well. Where is a choice when I am being asked to spec into power as a DPS if I want to play from the tray?

I am not sure why do you insist on pushing your system design when everyone seems to be giving you feedback that we don't want any of it.

I hope some day you would care to listen to your audience.

#don't be like Presidente DJT# the ratings machine.

P.S. I would rather keep what we have on live than have to go through any of this. I would have even threatened to drop my sub if you were going to push us onto this kind of an update but since I have already dropped my sub as a protest against the time capsules, I can't and I don't want to be unethical like the publisher.
    • Like x 4
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The only real way that I see for the DCUO devs to do that is to remove the power bar and I really don't think that can happen.
  3. Mystere Well-Known Player

Its the blue baubles. Go into duo and fights bosses and you are out of power almost as fast as before. Not quite as bad but still awful.
  4. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Well there is a large part of the games population that loves to play from the tray. The issue is and always has been the lack of choices within the AM's and everything else being garbage compared to AM's.
    Why is that so hard for people to understand. Keep the AM and let all the powers use it. It's really simple..........

Why do people have such a hard time see the simple answers staring them in the face?

Make AM's work with every iconic power, movement power & power within the perspective powers trees.
    Basically shut off the power use for all powers if you have your AM active.

Make weapons, iconic powers & movement powers just as strong or weak as powers.

We DO NOT NEED need to reinvent the wheel.............Problem solved............:)
    • Like x 2
  6. ChillCat Loyal Player

Just ran the solo with Mental DPS from (almost) tray only. Faust gave me some trouble but it's very doable if not ideal to run tray only

*Sorry about the screwed up audio but you can at least see what's going on.

• Like x 2
  7. Mystere Well-Known Player

For some reason they insist on reinventing the wheel and it is like they dont understand why there are AM and WM in the first place. Take the lessens learned there and apply them now instead of starting all over.
    • Like x 6
  8. Mystere Well-Known Player

You say you can play from tray but while fighting faust in your video you are almost constantly out of power. what do you mean when you say you can play from tray?
    • Like x 6
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

You're out of power most of the time ;) Do u know what playing from the tray means? Playing from the tray is u are exclusively using powers. That is playing from the tray. If u are out of power most of the time and cant cast powers then u are NOT playing from the tray. If u have to stand there and wait for your power to come back so u have power to move to the next group then that is not really the same thing as what playing from the tray that people are talking about. So basically u can play from the tray when u kill adds and get power bauble back and then stand there waiting for your power to regen before u move to the next group.

When you;re fighting the boss u use your rotation once and you're out of power. U are also blocking in the crystal to get power back to attack the boss. And u are using sodas too and hitting the portal with your wpn to also regen power. I dont wanna be rude here but idk how anyone could view this video and say its playing from the tray only and its ideal. Cmon now. U say "from (almost) the tray" but then say its ideal and very doable. An "almost" isnt ideal and almost doesnt mean playing from the tray if u cant exclusively cast powers.
    • Like x 5
  10. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Super cool and super great!

I hope you realize that 10 minutes gap after you run out of power and then out of combat will very likely restore your power and that's not how we play out of the tray.
    • Like x 5
  11. ChillCat Loyal Player

Play from the tray doesn't mean your power bar is always full. It means I can reasonably complete the content using just my powers I.e. little to no weapons usage.

I'm probably not using the best loadout, and I'm not optimized for clipping or any fine tuning, but there it is.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

You just know it yet. The dishonest media will not report that after combat it over, the power returns automatically. Also, if you can't kill the boss with one full power bar, then, there is something wrong with your play style and maybe you need to get better like Chillcat#SuperGreat Player.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Blocking in crystals, using sodas, and standing there waiting for your power to regen is not playing from the tray. Its just that simple. And no1 has said your power bar needs to be full to play from the tray. If u have to stop and block in a crystal then that is not playing from the tray. And if ya say playing from the tray is doable if not ideal that clearly means u are saying the ideal way is play from the tray. Maybe that is a typo? Idk. But anyone who reads that is gonna think exactly what it says, its doable if not ideal. Lastly if u are not optimized for clipping or using the optimal loadout then i dont think anyone claim its possible. Because most dps out there are going to use the optimal loadout and rotation ;)
    • Like x 4
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

i thought so. yet: it is crucial to us that you as devs tell us things you want us to do and explain yout thoughts you had with it, so we dont have to puzzle out what you were thinking... otherwise; make it clear in the game, not in the forum pls!!
    • Like x 1
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

I disagree. Playing from the tray was never explicitly defined as having your power full non-stop all the time. Of course I run out a few times here. That's obvious, but I was able to move, block and counter strategically to give myself a breather. Most of the brawling during the Faust fight was hitting the portal to get it to disappear quickly so I didn't have to deal with the adds.

If you're looking for AM levels of regeneration, it's not going to happen. But can I complete the content relying almost exclusively on the powers in my tray? Pretty much.

BTW, you mis-read and mis-quoted. I didn't say it was ideal. I said it was "not ideal".
    • Like x 3
  16. Mystere Well-Known Player

You used crystal, blocked for periods of time, soda, and weapon against portal all of which regenerate power. I don't think most people would consider that playing from the tray.

Presently playing from the tray, you can beat a boss without any additional kind of power back mechanic other than the AM. You can continuously cast the AM tray powers without EVER running out of power. This is not even remotely possible on test ATM.

Thus if you want to post saying you can play from tray I think you should provide all the context of what you mean (as you did in subsequent posts) so that the reader understands what you are really saying.
  17. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Look at you, awesome sauce lawyer, you. I believe you when you say you can reasonably complete the content with using just your powers i.e. little to no weapons usage but the dishonest media and community on these forums won't report it like you tell it.

Maybe, you should try Twitter.
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

Actually, I hit the crystal for health not power. I see your PoV but I don't agree with it.
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I did acknowledge the blue baubles in my post. I didn't feel the need to cast multiple abilities for most of the adds when I was using weapon attack. I only used my supply, no soder when fighting Faust and I did not use Orbital or Henchman. I did use the crystal as well. The FF fight is very much a weapon/counter oriented fight. When the adds spawn is when my power bar fills back up. For the Artemis fight, I used Backup and my supply, no soder or orbital on purpose. Granted, if I'm on live, I still use those even when I'm a much higher CR. I didn't try the duo yet.
    • Like x 1
  20. Unida Dedicated Player

how does this even get to test? It's so obviously still wrong - what really is there to test? Do devs test things or just change numbers - the push out a new version - devs, please run some content and see how it goes, see the struggle - feel the wrong.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.