Stats Revamp: Power Cost Update 1/11/17

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmce84 Loyal Player

In Electricity is a bit easier to run a Tray only build with only a weapon attack or two, still weapon attacks are needed so it's just not possible to have a true tray only build like AM do.
    Sadly until boss health is checked I can't give you a proper note on the changes, on adds the power is working great, but on boss is still an issue.

On a side note, I'm seeing an issue with Orbital strikes either not hitting or lagging in damage.
    • Like x 2
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Well, I tried full might loadout against Faust in Seeing Shades Again. Popped an Energy Soda, Popped a Compound Omega, the Powers didn't hit hard enough to make significant damage. Now I'm out of power and it won't come back fast enough. back-ups and Orbital is still not enough. Something is so wrong. If you do not want to give us enough power, than at least make the power actually do some damage. Highly frustrated again.

Addendum. Respeced into All Power kept Crits. All Power Mods. Over 35,000 Power Popped an Energy Soda for More power. My love taps were not enough to do serious damge. Faust burns too slow. Next thing I know; I'm out of Power! maybe 70,000 power or 100,000 power might be needed.
    • Like x 2
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Try specing all precision and using weapons only.......LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i did it with one handed ;) well with all crits as well :D
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So in working with Electricity, I was able to get a few rotations of a polarized based loadout through on the first adds of Seeing Shades. That's including using Electrocute and still speccing heavily into power Of course the blue baubles probably helped some. I then tried some of the beginning adds with an Electrified loadout, specced the same. I was able to get PI set up with Arc Lightning, then Electrocute clipped with Wired. I did not completely drain my power bar which felt good. This was definitely a step in the right direction.
    • Like x 1
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I am trying to "Play From the Tray". I STILL had to use weapons to generate power but it wasn't happening fast enough. It was easier yesterday, before the new Power update.
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Actually I had tried that the other day out of frustration.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i did as well, i am not to sure on how to fix that.. i can play from my entire tray but after doing the rotation one time i am out of power i am also modded with might&Power and have half my Sp into might and power 54 points though.

i feel maybe a bit more might be able to keep more power, but i wasn't with a troll in the alert, i think i would have been able to keep my rotation going if i had a troll.

that's with mental i am not to sure on electric and ice.
    • Like x 2
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I've tried loadouts with DOT's, Loadouts w Dazing, Terror loadouts.
    They work OK with Adds; but after 1 rotation with a boss; I'm up Stats Creek with out a paddle.
    • Like x 3
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

• I'm able to use more abiltiies than I previously could with Ice.
    • Ice-bash is no longer draining half my power bar; pretty happy with that change.
    • I'm able to do 2 rotations before I run out of power, It's an improvement for sure; but in solo content its not 100% what people are wanting. Regardless if you mod or not, power issues in solos are still fairly noticeable.
    • With the Passive Power-regeneration, it's a cool-concept but the execution is flawed in solo content. You need to keep doing damage, you can't stall for time in a boss fight. In Solo content you gotta use your weapon combos or your just gonna straight up run out of power. I'd imagine in alerts it'd be a little bit more viable due to having a tank but having to stop doing your rotation because of low-power is a bummer imo.
    • Like I've stated before, It'd be nice to know how much SP you guys want us to spec into power; that way we get a good idea for this. Right now I'm spec'd 55 into might, 56 into power.
    • Overall it's not perfect, but much more manageable than before.
    • I've only been using 2-3 abilities. Med, med, and Low. These being ice boulder, arctic gust, and Bitter-winds(Sometimes If I have enough power to do so)
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I bet it lead to more frustration.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I did. Funny thing is: I didn't have to mod when I used the weapon only playstyle; I managed power and completed this content just fine using handblasters.

Now I did get very similar results, but I had to mod for playing from the tray.

It may be just my experience, but still It needed to be said.
    • Like x 1
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I still run out of power. And this dumping half your sp or more into power is just silly imo. Spend years earning a ton of sp to dump em all into power to then struggle with keeping your power up? :confused: I dont know what the point of stats matter is if power is the stat that matters more then anything else. Look not trying to be rude. But playing from the tray is still not a viable option after todays adjustment. Like i said before majority of us players define playing from the tray as using powers only. Just wanna make that clear. I dont mind using my wpn, even in between power casts.

But im going off of the "playing from the tray will be an option" that was said. Currently on test imo its still not possible by yourself. I guess i should ask the question if the whole playing from the tray option is only meant to be in alerts and raids? On adds playing from the tray seems to be ok on adds but by the time they die u are out of power. Boss fights u are out of power 80% of the time.

Modding power, gens mods with power, sp into power and ya still run out of power. I dont understand the focus on power and how does this benefit things? How is this making the game better? I know there are a lot of players out there that would like to have those last 2 questions answered. Because some of us dont see or understand how this is making things better. And i know the support role side hasnt been changed but how is changing the power regen and cost for the dps side going to affect the support side? Meaning the support side of power usage cant be balanced around the dps side. That is strange to say the least if thats what is happening. But ill wait and see.
    • Like x 15
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If I may, The main problem with the power-regeneration on test for a lot of people out there is the fact that it's not like Live.

On Live, with most powers; you're able to self sustain to the point where you don't gotta slow down the pace of combat or resort to using weapons.

On test: You're forced to slow down combat, or use weapon combos. I get the fact yall want two controllers; but slowing down combat forcing people to wait for passive power-regen to be complete feels like the wrong way to do it.

I have no issues with Limiting my power for certain loadouts, but I shouldn't remain high and dry. If you run any of the current AF Part 3 content on test, it's problematic because you'll always run out of power during a boss fight.

I've limited myself to just Ice-boulder strike(Medium) and Arctic gust(Low) and I still end up bone-dry after a time.
    • Like x 2
  15. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Let's be honest here.
    In order to be able to play from the tray you are going to use something like AM's
    are being used in the game now.

There are three types of players in DCUO.

Players that want to play from the tray.
    Players that want to play with weapons.
    Players that want to play with both.

Think about this.............................

Type 1 player :
    If you want to play from the tray (Like it or not we are going to need one power to do this)
    You have to use a power like resonance or battle display is on live now.
    Use that power as a trigger to stop power use with other powers within the powers, iconic powers & movement power trees.

Type 2 & 3 players :
    If you want to use a weapon or a powers & weapons combination.
    Make the weapons over ride or turn off resonance or battle display type triggers.
    • Like x 3
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't like being forced to use one abiltity just to play from the tray, Honestly they just need to Make the Re-gen act like it does on live.
    • Like x 1
  17. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

That is what I said.

With AM's right now on live we have to use resonance and battle display to start the AM for power back.
    Some players put those powers on invisibility/stealth load outs to open up the sixth slot.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah but with some Powersets like Electric and Nature You can't free up a 6th slot without losing some form of Speed up time or damage, so while gadgets and mental can do that to their advantage; Most of the other in-game powersets do not.
  19. Mystere Well-Known Player

Power - while better, is still AWFUL. I have over 30,000 in power and run out of power using arc lightning, tesla ball, electrocute. During longer fights like the bosses in the AF3 Hades duo, you are almost out of power the entire time during those fights.

Why are we having to argue with you guys to increase power regen so much? Wouldn't be easier to balance down and meet player expectations?

DOUBLE POWER BACK from where it is now.

On the positive side, recharge time decreases are slightly better and overall I thoughts the DPS was better as a 173 and a 175 were able to complete Hades duo in 11 mins, no deaths, no back up or orbitals. I was also able to complete all of the AF3 daily missions at 173 with no problem (other than power).

You say we can play from tray with use of specific powers. How is that really different than current AM - why go through all of this to wind up with 1,2,3,4 and just replace it with a new 1,2,3,4. and again you aren't telling us what those powers are. If people can't currently figure out the 1234 AMs with the scant game information and documentation how do you expect them to figure this out.

Finally, mental, ice and elec, still play very similar and are basically reskins of one another. You are losing a lot of diversity of game play that the current design allows (dots, mobile, 1234, pet). What are your plans to address this?

I am not sure how you plan to balance power and cooldowns when you are only focusing on DPS side now and not the support side. Isn't this going to cause you to have to go back an rebalance again once you go through this pass?
    • Like x 4
  20. Mystere Well-Known Player

So there is a new 1,2,3,4 to replace the existing 1,2,3,4 that they want us to test but won't say what it is ... typical and not sure why there is a need to replace the current 1,2,3,4 if we are going to wind up in the same boat.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.