Stats Revamp: Mental 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolix Loyal Player

I would avoid using Terror Tendrils to test damage, unless it can be confirmed that they have fixed that it doesn't split damage since there is not anything in the patchnotes saying it has been fixed. This would cause enemies that are close to you to get hit by 3 times the normal damage by being hit by all 3 tendrils.

With the AMs it wasn't a problem since the AM was doing so much more damage, but with them being removed Tendrils will become the go to melee power for Mental unless the splitting is fixed.
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

So what I am reading is they need to HEAVILY redo the power cost of abilities if the current power usage isn't a bug.
  3. zor ile Well-Known Player

yeah somethings up with mental dps. it needs to be looked at and looked at again.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

That's possible, but I want to see if it is just merely our own power back option for tray is bugged before coming to conclusions. A lot of players in all the other threads seem to go that way. (Not talking about the cooldowns for healing though, that still needs to be adjusted.)

Though, I do think that Menace being so high cost is probably intended because it's now a weapon buff.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No buff is worth that much power. Woosah. lol. Especially if a player prefers not to utilize their weapon continuously.

Weapon Universe Online isn't very fun. At least for me. It is one of the main reasons I was never a Pet Class player and why I took a break from the game after WM was introduced.

Of course IF the player prefers to just do weapon combos and just use Menace every time it is on cool down then I guess that would work. But even then...still seems odd the power cost would be so great you can only use 3 powers and then be empty.
    • Like x 3
  6. Fies Committed Player

Playing from tray is "somewhat" possible... I used ML->TKPush (repeat until ML is back off CD again... such fun) and was able to finish Science Spire (@154 CR) like this (except for few counters on bosses+occasional soder+barrels :)). Was only a first quick attempt though with most likely unideal stat distribution.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In case anyone is interested, here are the base power cost measurements I took for most of Mental's powers:

500 power
    Menace
    Phantom Flames
    Telekinetic Bolt

350 power
    Mass Terror

300 power
    Horrific Visage
    Psychic Prison
    Pyrokinesis
    Reflect Pain
    Telekinesis
    Telekinetic Pull
    Terror Tendrils

250 power
    Cryokinesis

200 power
    Mass Levitation
    Psychic Shock
    Telekinetic Push
    Telekinetic Shield

150 power
    Grandeur

Unknown
    Psychic Empowerment
    Terrorize - Hard to measure since it is channeled and the passive power regen throws off measuring it.

This was all measured at CR 0. I tried to measure each power a couple of times at least. Still, I won't guarantee this is 100% correct.

I hope this proves useful to someone.
    • Like x 9
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

To follow up on my previous post, here is a breakdown of cooldown times - excluding supercharges:

18 to 19 seconds
    Ambush: Pain Blast
    Ambush: Sleep
    Grandeur
    Invisibility
    Reflect Pain
    Telekinetic Shield

12 seconds
    Horrific Visage
    Mass Levitation
    Mass Terror
    Menace
    Telekinetic Pull

5 to 6 seconds
    Psychic Prison
    Terrorize

3 to 4 seconds
    Psychic Empowerment
    Terror Tendrils

2 to 3 seconds
    Phantom Flames
    Pyrokinesis
    Telekinesis
    Telekinetic Bolt

1 second
    Cryokinesis
    Psychic Shock
    Telekinetic Push

This was all measured with a stopwatch. For real timings, you'd have to record each power and analyze the video.

A couple of these powers are a bit subjective on how to classify them on cooldowns. Terror Tendrils is an example. If you start measuring it from the moment you press the power, it is 4 seconds. If you wait for the animation to play out, the cooldown is around 3 seconds.
    • Like x 2
  9. Fies Committed Player

Tried again with Might/Power Mods + 40/60 might/power SP distribution (after crits+movement). Works like this but not really optimal and given the absolutely terrible rotation its highly unenjoyable. Overall outcome was okish though.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

EDIT:
    This is out-of-date. Please use: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-revamp-mental-1-1.282418/page-9#post-3877049

I wrote up a short informational guide for myself to help make sense of the Damage-role side of Mental. I figured I would post it here too since someone might find it useful. If there is anything wrong with the information, let me know and I'll update it. This information is focused on power interactions, base power costs, cooldown times, and short power descriptions.

Sets Up Dazed
    • Mass Levitation - Ranged group PI Applicator and levitation stun. Costs 200 power. 12 second cooldown
    • Telekinesis - Ranged single target PI applicator and levitation stun. Costs 300 power. 2 to 3 second cooldown
    Uses Dazed
    • Telekinetic Push - Ranged attack. Does roughly half the damage of Telekinetic Bolt. Does two ticks of damage if PI is setup -- this is a bug. Costs 200 power. 1 second cooldown.
    • Telekinetic Bolt - Ranged attack. Does roughly twice as much damage as Telekinetic Push. Does two ticks of damage if PI is setup -- this is a bug. Costs 500 power. 2 to 3 second cooldown

Sets Up Terror
    • Mass Terror - AoE DoT and stun centered around the player. Causes 6 second stun. Costs 350 power. 12 second cooldown.
    • Terror Tendrils - Cone-based PI applicator that stuns for 1 second. Does double damage at melee range. PI application is buggy. Damage division maybe bugged too. Costs 300 power. 3 to 4 second cooldown.
    Uses Terror
    • Psychic Shock - Ranged attack. Does roughly half the damage of Phantom Flames. Does ~10% more damage if PI is setup. Causes 1 second stun. Costs 200 Power. 1 second cooldown.
    • Terrorize - Single-target Execute power. Does more damage when enemy health is less than 35%. Costs ? power. 5 to 6 second cooldown.
    • Phantom Flames - Ranged attack. Does roughly twice as much damage as Psychic Shock. Does ~10% more damage if PI is setup. Costs 500 power. 2 to 3 second cooldown

Uses Frostbitten
    • Cryokinesis - Ranged attack that roots two enemies. Does ~10% more damage if PI is setup. Costs 250 power. 1 second cooldown.

Uses Burning
    • Pyrokinesis - Ranged short-duration DoT that stuns a group of enemies for 1 second. Does ~10% more damage if PI is setup. Costs 300 power. 2 to 3 second cooldown.

Offensive Powers with No Power Interactions
    • Ambush: Pain Blast - Used from the Invisibility Form. Usually crits for good damage. Costs ? power. 18 to 19 second cooldown.
    • Ambush: Sleep - Used from the Invisibility Form. Stuns a single target for up to 8 seconds. Costs ? power. 18 to 19 second cooldown.
    • Menace - 33% Precision and 33% Weapon Damage buff for 6 seconds. Costs 500 power. 12 second cooldown.
    • Psychic Prison - Pulse-based AoE DoT centered around the player for 6 seconds. Stuns enemies in Controller role. Costs 300 power. 5 to 6 second cooldown.
    • Telekinetic Pull - Single-target pull. Costs 300 power. 12 second cooldown.

Supercharge Generator
    • Horrific Visage - Ranged single-target power that causes form transformation on target for a few seconds. Any enemies that approach the target are also transformed for a very short duration. Costs 300 power. 12 second cooldown.

Utility Powers
    • Grandeur - Shielding power that detaunts. Usable while controlled. Costs 150 power. 18 to 19 second cooldown.
    • Invisibility - Form transformation that hides the users and provides secondary loadout bar. Costs 0 power. 18 to 19 second cooldown.
    • Psychic Empowerment - Group power dump. Costs ? power. 3 to 4 second cooldown.
    • Reflect Pain - Shielding power that reflects a small amount of damage. Costs 300 power. 18 to 19 second cooldown.
    • Telekinetic Shield - Shielding power. Usable while controlled. Costs 200 power. 18 to 19 second cooldown.

Supercharges
    • Bastion - 50% group power restoration and shielding supercharge. Usable while controlled.
    • Bolt Barrage - 50% offensive supercharge. Does terrible damage.
    • Convalesce - 50% healing supercharge. Usable while controlled.
    • Mass Hysteria - 100% form transformation supercharge. Grants 15% crit boosts and several ghost pets for 60 seconds. Removes movement mode.
    • Like x 5
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Ran my Mental toon through Spark of Parallax (a CR111 solo) instance as a166CR
    Loaded up my generator with Power Vit and Might Mods
    Loaded up my toon w VIII Power Vit Might Precision Combo Mods
    Troll it took 4:42 to kill last boss dmg 2684/sec.
    DPS it took 3:43 to kill last Boss dmg 4987/sec
    DPS with Backups it took 2:51 to kill last boss 8898/sec
    Prior to Revamp as a Mental DPS it would take 2:18 to kill last boss.
    That's with all Hal Jordan and Sinsetro's talking included.
    I feel like a weakened Super Hero. 2 Years of building my toon washed away.
    STAT ReVAMP is the DCUO's Kryptonite.
    (aside from that; it wasn't even fun)
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Mass hysteria is 100% sc again? It is a 50% on live atm
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It was changed back to 100%. Here is a video from the 1.0 StatsRevamp build:
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Thanks for the quick response.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Thanks Penryn! I need to do similar for Electricity if I have time.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

First off, I am going to thank Penryn. W/o his cheat sheet of powers, I couldn't get a loadout that seems to "work". I appreciate all the work you did Pen! :)

I specced 103sp to power. I did not go into might at all.
    [IMG]

I also bought the 6.2 power generator mods and modded all my red and yellow sockets with type 8 might and powers.
    [IMG]

The way I am seeing it, the intention is to have 2-3 powers for your rotation of solo and duo content. A PI applicator that has a long cooldown and a spam power. Where you rotate maybe a 3rd one for offsetting the long cooldown of the first one. In 4-8 man content, you could utilize more powers to spam.

Here is a video of an example based on my idea.

You can see I can't self sustain myself unfortunately, but it definitely would help in solo/duo content. Since "most" things aren't grouped more than 3 in an area. (Outliers like Harley's Heist excluded.)

Now the problem with it. Look at how much I have to spec to power. This creates a problem since "stats matter". My damage takes a hit just with the mods alone. I lost a ton. Then with the skill points more. On live I have 280sp. So I would be able to get all the power ones fine, but then about mods. I would also have to make new generator ones too. This is NOT ideal in anyway. I would be better suited to just put my SP into precision then might and just weapon power clip.

To me, this is NOT fun future for me. With cooldowns AND high power cost, it's double punishment for players that want to run from the tray. I really really implore you, rethink how power works.

I wish I had time to do a comparison on a boss fight with someone doing the weapon power clip to see if damage from the tray is even worth getting powers to begin with.
    • Like x 4
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just some notes on the debuffs:

Healing
    Psychic Shock - 1 second group stun. Costs 200 Power. 1 second cooldown.
    Pyrokinesis - 1 second group stun. Costs 300 power. 2 to 3 second cooldown.

Defense
    Horrific Visage - SC Generator and target transformation. Costs 300 power. 12 second cooldown.
    Telekinetic Pull - Single target pull. Costs 300 power. 12 second cooldown.

Damage
    Cryokinesis - Roots two enemies for 6 seconds. Costs 250 power. 1 second cooldown.
    Phantom Flames - No stun capabilities. Costs 500 power. 2 to 3 second cooldown

I don't like the way the defense debuffs are setup. First, both of them are 12 second cooldowns. The other debuffs have powers with one second cooldowns. Second, a Controller is probably only ever going to use Horrific Visage because it is also a SC Generator. Putting a debuff ability on a pull power isn't ideal. If you're applying a defense debuff, it is probably a dangerous enemy and you generally won't want to pull the enemy to you in groups. There are exceptions, but I don't feel like this is setup very well.

Also, I think most people will take Cryokinesis over Phantom Flames for Controller role. Cryokinesis costs half the power and at least provides a modest cc ability.
    • Like x 4
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Nice write up, didn't get to try mental yet but it looks like it suffers from a similar issue that electric has with its pi's. For a aoe pi applicator both terror and dazed have 12 second cooldowns and i think that needs to go. A power that sets up a pi should be available all the time so you can setup a pi when you need to not have to wait and have a messed up rotation.

Also something i noticed with elec was my pi's were falling off after 6 seconds instead of the 12 seconds we have on live. Not sure if thats intended or maybe they where just falling off of what i was testing on for some reason.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

When I was doing PI damage testing under StatsRevamp 1.0, powers received a ~10% damage boost from setting up the PI. I haven't done enough testing under 1.1 to confirm if that is still the case. For solo/duo content, setting up the power interaction was generally a waste of power.

I just tested all of the mass and single target PI applicators for Mental on Test. The power interaction lasted for 12 seconds.
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Pi's must have just been falling off for me when i was testing. i was doing it on clayface prob not the best thing for testing lol

Pi damage needs to be brought back up imo. Why even have a pi if its not going to be worth it.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.