Stats Revamp: Mental 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Wait wha...

Mean while electrics Megavolt is still ticking for 3ks

/s

But really, from what I've seen Electric is the weakest of the 3 so far in terms of DPS
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If you set this up correctly:

I only got 6 damage ticks on Captain Venz (first boss in Science Spire) before he was knocked out. With a full cast, there are 11 damage ticks.

With a bit of luck, you'd end up with a total of ~500k damage.
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah I got to 50k maximum Power with full investment. It's a matter of definition though. If you want to get to those numbers you need to put a ton of SP into Power (150+ which means you miss out on most crits with average SP), full Power mods (which means you sacrifice affinities), league proficiencies, and Soders which the average player shouldn't have to use.

I consider my spec "heavy Power" and a 40k+ spec "full Power" because I think that average players should be able to comfortably play from tray, and veterans should be able to surpass that and play more expensive powers from tray.

Either way, as I said I'm perfectly happy with how it is now since I don't plan to play from tray anyway.

I did do another test however with full Power (50k) and still ran dry, although that was mostly from breakouts when I only used cheap powers. I lasted somewhere around 30 casts against White Raven in GW, not sure if that qualifies as sufficient for play from tray in the consensus.
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

1. They never said playing from the tray involved average SP.
    2. You don't need full power mods. I'm full might/pow, not pow alone. I only miss 2 sockets for 78 might is nothing.
    3. League proficiencies are a given. Even when we did tunso testing we had those. Plenty of free to join leagues on live that have a league hall with buffs.
    4. We don't even have t8 base mods to match our cr. Pretty sure that'll add several thousand more than likely.
    5. 1sec, testing on Raven rn
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

174cr 55848 power
    44 casts then soder for health and power (low on both, like 20%)
    52 casts then soder for power
    22 casts then supply drop while at 15% health and 55-60%'ish power
    8 casts and she dies.
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

1. They didn't say that but consider how popular playing from tray is. I personally don't like it but lots of people love it and we both have been around long enough to know how the community would react if they can only continue playing like that if they maxed out their characters with 200+ SP.
    Also, in my opinion it's much better to open up all playstyles for the average player while giving veterans room to expand and specialize, instead of limiting a playstyle to a higher-than-average min-max build.
    2. What was your build? Maybe I forgot about something but I only got to 50k and that was with full Power mods. With Might&Power in every slot (the blue affinities can be ignored) I only got to 37k and that was definitely too low for PFT although not too low for fast clipping. Might&Power in every slot and all SP (except crits) into Power is what I would consider a reasonable build for the cheapest PFT rotation.
    3. I'll give you that. I don't necessarily agree but that's a discussion that comes up every now and then and never really leads somewhere.
    4. Good point, now I'm actually curious about the values on top tier generator mods.
    That doesn't sound too bad actually, maybe I was just unlucky with CC. What was your rotation and build? I only managed to get to 50k at CR175, 56k at 174 sounds insane.
    • Like x 1
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Mass Levitation - Cryo - Push spam.
    10 Might/Pow 8 mods
    Reserve Tank
    6.2 Power Base Mods
    League Hall Power Pool and Power Received Buffs Only
    10 points in crit chance, 10 points in crit mag, 175 points in Power Pool( I have 200, used the last 5 for hb combos for testing later, 175sp in power gets u 18818) That's why I said the first 90 only gives like 3k power, which is why I haven't considered most of people's feedback as spec'ing power heavy. Tbh if you put 150/160+ in power pool, you get more power than hybrid'ing your mods. I was doing 150+ in power and then going prec/might.
    Omega
    Energy Soder

Omega and Energy Soder would be replaced by having 8.2 and 8.3 power mods. Also, I'm at the very beginning of 174. I switched my chest from the duo and got it, which increased my power cost. If I was at 173 still, it'd be easier.
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

As a side note, when I do testing, I prioritize seeing if a playstyle is possible first before getting the crits. If you focused on crits, they didn't give us enough sp to even know that rifle tap clipping currently exists on test if you go deep in power like I do. I can probably do the same and spam as a healer if I wanted to. Almost like how I prioritize WM for healer and troll role on live before I finish the crits. Get the important part/playstyle possible first, then get the crits etc. after if I have playroom currently or in the future.
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Just basic spam. Not a tested rotation for damage but still.
    • Like x 2
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Oh wow...is this intended devs ? If so then the tour is over Electric boyos.
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

55K power Using low cost power and you still needed Sods against a 93CR boss.
    I know it's not you. But was it fun hitting basically a 1.2 rotation just to be able to play from the tray?
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

1. I don't support people being able to spam powers unrestricted like on live with this system. With the way the power stat works, if someone with 90sp was able to spam with AM type regen, I'd put on 5 bots and start clipping my entire loadout for double ability damage if I put in 150+ like I do now. Being able to last until a soder is a compromise I'm willing to make.

2. Playing from the tray isn't fun regardless of who you are xD The only people that have fun playing from the tray are those that want to because they want to feel like superheroes and cosplay any idea they create that doesn't involve using a weapon, even when the character creation screen forces you to pick a weapon and you have to have a weapon equipped to get gear stats xD If this a just a regular game with non-themed gameplay, playing from the tray would be boring af mechanic wise. And tbh, I'd rather them go through and create a weapon called "mental regen" or something that gives people AM level regen that scales with their power but doesn't allow them to use weapon combos. It'll be like when people take off their weapon and all they do is hits for 1 damage, yeah, that should be them since they want to cosplay. Give them regen that way and let all of the other experienced players that know how to manage their power clip and have skill-based dps'ing back instead of giving a ridiculous amount of regen to everyone trying to please the minority.

EDIT: Mental regen weapon type would be disabled in pvp and every other role besides dps. All it would do is have 1 huge stat of power pool or vit depending on the power return system so it gives a ridiculous regen and every other standard stat with a weapon gives besides precision.
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Power Regen is one of the problems hampering "Play From the Tray"
    The others are long cooldowns on important PI activating powers like MT. It never had a long cooldown before.
    The other issue is that Weapons don't give the same DPS as Tray Powers.
    There is no motivation outside of Power Regen to use the weapons when they hit 1/3rd as hard over time as a Power Attack.
    Make them do more damage and people will want to use them. And when I say make them do more damage; I don't mean make the powers weaker to hit like weapons.
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

The problem with using weapons is that the devs went an gave players the option of playing from the tray. What we have on test is basically lpve. Weapon attack, power, weapon attack, power. Zzzzzzzz. Boring. Combat us slowed to a crawl and the only people liking the changes are people who weren't able to process the fast paced gameplay that is the games backbone. Its also not wise to force lower sp players to play a certain way because they don't have the necessary sp to play the way they want to. What the majority of players want is options. This is not giving us options. All I see in the testing section is players trying out the same loadouts for the most part. After all this is said and done we will be right back to the same cookie cutter rotations. And let's not act like clipping is hard. Its never been hard and it won't be going forward so let's not act like people are afraid of clipping. People want to play how they want to play. That's what they were told.
    • Like x 2
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Ok so the secret was that you had 175 in Power, that makes sense and I also forgot that you have lower Power costs because of your CR. I restricted myself to 170SP (95 in Power regular and 150 for max Power) since that seems to be considered average for that CR now. Agreed that investing lots of SP into Power is better than splitting them up, that's just the disadvantage of exponential innates.

I understand your argument that if you could PFT with lower SP then those with 200+ could bot clip and whatnot to be significantly OP. It does make sense to some extend and I'll accept that for now just because I don't want to ruin it for everyone.

I find PFT as boring as everyone else who left over AMs but if you seriously think it's a vocal minority who like it then you didn't pay attention. AMs are super popular with lots of people who have been active over the last two years. Yeah, most of those are probably not the same people who beat Epic Odyssey before WotL1 but we can't just pretend that they're a vocal minority.

I don't plan on ever playing from tray again but it has to be a viable and accessible option because the demand is still high. As long as the system allows for PFT to be viable in some way that's fine. In time, demand will probably decline because the average new player probably cares as much about PFT as they care about jump cancelling.

I'm actually concerned a bit about fast HL and Rage clipping since those are equivalent to PFT in regards to Power consumption unless their combos will restore Power like weapons do.
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That's ridiculous. You can play faster with weapons than you can with AMs any day of the week. If you consider 1234 AMs to be fast paced gameplay then you haven't been around before WM to see what kind of fast paced gameplay is possible with weapons.
    Besides, the difference between this and legends is that everyone can build their own loadouts with deeper mechanics than just flat damage with some CC effects like most of legends. It's absolutely possible to build a 2+ inputs per second loadout which is twice AM speed and still slow compared to pre-GU36.

But go on with your fallacy argument of "I don't like this and the only people who like this are idiots who can't handle the game and should be ignored".
    • Like x 2
  17. Infamous Hacker Active Player

Couldnt agree more with most things you said. In particular the part about us not having to have a ridiculous amount of sp in order to play from the tray. It should just be an EQUAL OPTION. Ive been playing this game for 4+ years now. I like that they kinda got the play from the tray option in there now, but im not liking the sp requirement. The more we invest in power the weaker our attacks will be. That makes playing from the tray an INFERIOR dps option, and thats not fair at all.....

I think the speed of either play style shouldnt matter, as long as the damage potential is the same.
    There isnt really a lot of difference between the 2 styles of play though. Buff Power, then 1234 powers, and Supercharge isnt all that different from Weapon attack, (clip) Power interaction set up power (clipped with Buff power), Weapon attack, (clip) DoT Power, Weapon attack, (clip) Burst power, Weapon attack, (clip) The same Dot or burst power, and Supercharge.

I like both play styles, and only favor one or the other based on my characters aesthetic. But as far as them being repetitious they are still both simple rotations, and are both considered boring or interesting by many players. We should have the option to choose. I hope the devs can make this right...
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

THANK YOU. Gawd, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's like I walked away from the game for 1 minute and I come back to some twilight zone where AM's are considered "fast-paced" and skilled and no one even knows how to clip. I mean AM's are literally just power, power, power, power, power.. where is the skill exactly?!
    • Like x 2
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

I don't know if you've been on test but the only thing slower than this is turn based combat. Stop with all the 1 2 3 4 am stuff. Yes it gets boring. I'm not debating that but what's on test us just a mess.
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Everyone knows how to clip. It's easy.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.