Stats Revamp Loadouts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I attempted to ask testers for their opinions on loadouts last night, but those threads were closed, so:

What's your opinion on the best loadout for each power under stats revamp for DPS and for tank/troll/heal?

Obviously each of us will do experimentation on our own, but those who had time to test (unlike me) can give us a good start, since we can now 1. use any ability in each power 2. use new abilities added during the revamp. All opinions are appreciated, thanks!
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

#1 thing to remember is always look at your Power Usage in your loadout. You cannot have all 300 Base Power Cost abilities in your Loadout. Youll need to be actively aware of the rate you use Power so it isnt a struggle on your Controller. Use your Soder and Supply Drop at all times to manage your own Power.
    • Like x 3
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No one's going to sit here and type out the best loadout for each power. Hop in game and figure it out for yourself. People kill me when they do this.
    • Like x 8
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

As a tester I can give you this. All powers in your powerset are unlocked. No more power tree. So there will be alot more Diversity in loadouts. Some will work better than others...but the intent was to do away with cookie cutter loadouts. First you have to establish your playstyle...weapons expert...hybrid...or superpowered mastery...they all have advantages of their own. Your playstyle will play a role in what powers you use. For instance I mainly used fire on test...i had 4 builds. 1 was a precision based close melee dps with hybrid playstyle. I used inferno for burning power interaction...wildfire...overheat...a shield...and burning determination for healing so I can survive better in close combat. It was a differnt way to play than I was used to but it was way funner. I had been on test server for quite awhile and also had 297 sp to play with and spec to survive and do damage. I had a similiar tank build for battle tanking with a fortified assault neck mod from HT mods. A new mod that buffs defense while being active instead of the classic turtling tank. At times I out dps'd bad dps's even solo'd alert bosses when my group all died. Very very fun. Again with 297 sp my damage was good and defense was stought. It will be different for me on live bc I dont have that many sp. Point being is your skill...playstyle...mods...skill point allotment...and gear will all determine your builds. Revamp has given us a chance to be unique. No more running with a broken mental toon doing ******** damage and no skill needed to do it. Diversity and skill are going to be a bigger spectrum on live now. Get on when it goes live and feel out how you want to play and go from there. Good luck.
    • Like x 5
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

To the OP. The information above is what you need to worry about most. Regardless of what people say and how many options we have, we are still somewhat limited by power costs. You'll have to go thru then power you want to be and see which ones works best.

The only ones that would have loadout ideas are the testers, but there are plenty of ways to play that not all of them thought of. In song get annoyed by these questions because my original server was extreamly unhelpful and rude to people with questions.

You'll keep getting the same response for awhile. I would guess by this weekend you'll start seeing some Youtubers to help give you ideas.

To those who get annoyed by those asking for help. Remember, the game has been dummied down for the past few years. Change is not always welcome and effects us all differently. I except to see nothing but loadout questions over the next couple of weeks. Stop being stuck up on yourself and help your community. Giving ideas on how to use the power would be better to those In game rather than just telling everyone to find out for themselves.
    • Like x 7
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Well put Prime. Playstyle Mastery and power costs vs regen will play a major role on loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Eneas Active Player

think more defensive i'll give you a hint Hardlight shield is your best friend
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

For Gadgets, i have found: Implosion Mine, Thermite Mine, Gauss Grenade, EMP Pulse. 12k on 3 targets but if it's possible to find another which takes 13k or 14k would be nice.
  9. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

I see plenty of people trying there best to explain it. Like the above reply said, not all people are excited about change. Especially new players. Players like me and you, we already know to get in game and feel it out for ourselves. But its not a bad thing for them to ask and get a head start.
    • Like x 2
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Still have to turn on battle display before each fight for gadgets? I could've done without that - or at least make it last long enough to move from one group of ads to another.
    Thanks!
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Battle Display is the self weapon buff now. You'll want to use it in any build that does serious weapon damage. It has a cooldown and duration of 12 seconds. If you want to play from the tray similar to the AM, you won't need it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Ah, good to know. That is how I used to use it (as of yesterday) - for the AM with no weapon use. Thanks!
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  14. Roocck Committed Player

power, weapon combo, power, weapon combo, power, weapon combo go outside for a smoke break when you get back you'll have full power bar.... wash and rinse over again.... this will work for all powers...... lmao
    • Like x 2
  15. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

LOL, go outside for a smoke break.
    • Like x 1
  16. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

In all honesty there is a reason why testers were not giving you the 411. Not trying to be rube but being honest.
    Their jobs were not to find the OP SUPER DE DOOPER TopOtheBoard loadouts.

The testers were looking for 3 things.

1. The testers were looking for balance.
    2. The testers were looking for balance.
    3. The testers were looking for balance.

Its not really that the testers do not want to share. The testers were not testing for what you are asking
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You all did a great job on the guide. I just wish each power had a follower like they did in the day. We are all in need of guidance for awhile.

Not trying to call it, but the best outlined and detailed guides will probably dictate the fotm power. Obviously water is on the way. As many die hard people who've been waiting. I'd expect to see a water guide. I am VERY surprised that electric didn't have a following like I thought it would. Months back, everyone was so pumped for the electric revamp. Guess with water coming on the coat tails of revamp, no reason to try and master one power to just change in a few weeks, and have to start all over.

Again though, awesome job on the guide. I'll be using it as a reference this weekend on my alt. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

FOR EARTH: Once I came to accept that Crystal isn't going to 1-shot everything anymore, I've come (already) to really like this DPS loadout from CoDextraPerformance:
    Fortify Golem - Unstoppable - Debris Field - Jackhammer - Earthquake - Summon
    Good effects - but it is a close range loadout.

For tank I'm so far having great success with:
    Earthen Grip - Epicenter - Gemstone Shield - Jackhammer - Summon - Soothing Sands
    Previously I hated Earth tank, but really liking it today. And with Jackhammer you end up doing a pretty good amount of damage. You could substitute Fortify for Soothing, but resummoning Brick is almost instantaneous.
  19. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Why, if you truly want a balanced game than you would share your knowledge.
    • Like x 1
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

How about Instead of Blasting People for looking for Help...Others ACTUALLY OMG Help
    Give Pointers, Suggested SP Allocations, a Nudge in the right direction for possible Loadouts.