Stats Revamp: Leveling 1-30

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Just did gorilla Ice DPS...lvl 13...second only to the highest lvl...a lvl 19...btw...mostly weap attacks... I do like Ice and DCUO always seems to too
  2. Nevar New Player

Doing Exobyte Enrenchment quest.. Superman is my mentor. Using electricity. During the fight with Lex Luthor, I click on a pulsar generator and then Superman vanishes, and Lex Luthor becomes invincible. I've re run the quest 3 times with the same result. Can't get past it.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not sure if this feedback is relevant to these changes

Feedback

I tried out the level 10 Area 51 Alert yesterday and I didn't run into any major issues. It was certainly a lot easier than when LPVE was introduced with this map and the 3rd boss was decimating everyone. I was, however, running a balanced 1-1-1-1 group. We did die a couple of times each, but felt adequately challenged, given our experience level. However, the people I was running with are veterans of the game and therefore I feel that this mission is perhaps a little too full on for the new player.

The objectives are ridiculously long and do not align with the adjustments that were made to levelling. Killing 50 enemies is one objective and I'm pretty sure that entire levelling arcs don't ask you to kill that many enemies, these days.

Another bad objective is the one where you have to protect 5 soldiers as they prepare a missile in the second area. It just isn't a fun objective. 1, maybe 2 at best, would be a better number for this particular objective.

I feel as though this mission needs to be adjusted, as it asks too much of the player at such an early stage in the game. It's the first time players are asked to play together in a group it's the first time players are shown how to use the On Duty menu. Therefore, you associate everything else that uses the On Duty menu with your experiences in Area 51.

Area 51 doesn't align with future alerts that players will be able to run and might leave people with the wrong impression of what the end game is all about, possibly causing them to lose interest in the game when they hit level 30 and realise that all they've got left to do are missions in the On Duty menu "like Area 51".
    • Like x 1
  4. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Bugged or glitched or just a bit over kill missions

Ellsworth Memorial Hospital
    Trigons Blood is bugged the doctors can't be killed and eventually will end up killing you if you don't out smart them and trap them behind the door during the last boss fight once you do that you gotta run for the hills unless you want to die.

The Joker's Funhouse: Harley quins hammer is a bit excessive vs the power consumption needed to break out you end up in a stun of hell the power consumption on the break out is almost 50% of the bar and that needs to be reduced its a bit to much.

Omac Base:
    Last boss room the npc don't always die and also stun a lot and cause you to break out excessively and with the power cost you end up in a stun lock only way out is to pop a cola or hope you have just enough to pop a power that returns some power to break out again.
    The loot table
    All the T1 solo's need to be looked at ran them 3 times each and 3 out of 3 the same piece dropped each time most will just run it to gain the mark and to salvage the useless item once its been collected.

Combat rating is 30+The T1 missions (Challenge Modes) should be dropping only 30+ items rather then seeing it does drop items well below 30 the object it to progress forward not backwards that seems to be a huge problem on this game and this kind of drop needs to be changed many players can agree we don't want to go run a T2 mission and get T1 items from it all drops should progress forward of no drops should drop at all or allow us to opt out of the drop item and take an extra mark instead.

Stats Revamp:
    Correct me if I am wrong but am I seeing that we start out with a base might based on the gear once we spend the first 10 points in a Critical stat and another 10 in Critical attack damage we than are able to spend up to 175SP in any of the stats below but my main question is the first skill point spent if I am correct on my math allows me to gain 120 extra might and I gain and extra 3 for every skill point I spend after that being for 174 Skill point we get 522 for a grand total of 642?

also when you chose to add more might the values are not updating unless you move to a new stat and go back.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

On villain side the level 15 Meta mentor mission where you fight Superman is bugged, but in a different way to the hero version. After the first pulsar was activated Lex immediately killed Superman before I could even move.
  6. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Region/Instance/Mission: Braniac's Bottle Ship
    My Character Level/Combat Rating: 1
    Faction: Hero
    Fight/Adds/Ability/Mechanic

I immediately noticed I felt more powerful starting out on the ship one-shotting adds. with the 1st ice power

I'm in metro now ready to start 1st mission, will report back.
    A suggestion: Maybe change the innate power description "dodge" to dodge and roll.:cool:
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

Region and Mission: metropolis, secret starlabs facilit
    power and level: mental, lvl17
    faction and mentor: hero, superman
    bossfight and mechanic: lex luthor, deactivate the shield of the boss

details: In the boss fight with luthor, he allmost onehits you sometimes, activating the consoles can lead to luthor becomming invulnerabe, tourets also dont activate sometimes, when deactivating shields worked, he gets a one shot. after defeating him, superman doesnt show up, he disapears at the beginning of the fight and is needed to speak to to end the mission
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one in this thread should be specific to testers testing version 1.1 of the stats revamp.
    • Like x 1
  9. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

Whats up with this? Seen this in 1st test after i reached and got the lvl to get vault ticket and still here in 1.1
    [IMG]
  10. Canadian Justice Committed Player

While not entirely specific to the revamp, this is feedback concerning the 1-30 leveling process.

The full movement potential of the selected movement power being locked until level 9 left me feeling sluggish. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm so used to having full movement capabilities, but it was consistently something I was thinking about.

Leveling seems very heavily slanted towards level 20-30 being the big time sink. Up until 20, you progress fairly rapidly and never linger in any one place too long and leveling felt fast and fun. From 20 or so on though, things slowed considerably. While nothing was overly hard, it just felt like kind of a chore at times.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Region/instance/mission: Metropolis University.
    Level: 7
    Faction: Villain.
    Character Name: Lord Brutus
    Power: Ice
    Bugs, issues, and details:
    • You can steamroll all of the Trash mobs.
    • The trash mob's damage: Rookie, Sigma, PSI-NU, and Meta Powered Students. They're all very weak.
    • Power girl herself does mediocre damage. She also spends more time attacking the infected Parasite students then attacking you.
    • Powergirl felt too easy to beat.
    Rookie's damage output:
    [IMG]
    Sigma's damage output:
    [IMG]
    PSI-NU's damage output( You encounter these guys at Part 3 of the leveling mission, damage output is identical to the Sigma's)
    [IMG]
    Meta-Powered Student's damage output:
    [IMG]
    Powergirl's damage output:
    [IMG]

My damage output on some of the mobs and powergirl:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Note: There's probably more attacks and variants from the NPCS, but the main point I'm trying to get here is: I'm overpowering these guys no sweat.
    Conclusion: This mission felt more tedious and very underwhelming.
    I also had no issues doing the camera feat called"Now you see me.."
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Region/instance/mission: The Hive Metrodome.
    Character: Lord Brutus.
    Power: ice
    Level: 11
    Faction: Villain
    • The problem with this, is that again like the previous leveling mission: Everything is too easy for my liking. The adds die too fast and barely do any damage.
    • Queen bee hits for okay damage, but she's easy to the point where I didn't need to use a soder cola.
    Region/instance/mission: Metro Station Building.
    Power:ice
    Level: 14
    • Feedback: Adds were easy to kill, but Wonder Girl boss fight was actually pretty challenging; I had to block alot her melee attacks and I had about 1 quart of my HP left. IMO: The difficulty for this mission is good.

Region/instance/mission: Metahuman Research Wing
    Power:Ice
    Level: 15
    • Feedback: Fairly easy mission. Supergirl has a good amount of HP, but her damage is too weak so it's more of a underwhelming boss fight.
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Trigon Lossed Mission
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 14
    • Faction: Hero
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Mission Reward Box
    • Details: When completing the Trigon Lossed Mission you receive a Reward Box which is suppose to have a Weapon asa reward that you are currently Specced in. My character is specced into Bow but I received a Shield instead.
    [IMG]
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

• Region/Instance/Mission: Chinese Theater
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 7
    • Faction: Hero
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Felix Faust
    • Details: Walking into the room, Faust was standing at the entrance and not on the Stage. He stays there even through the cinematic and once the boss fight starts he comes flying down.

Also about the boss fight, playing as a Mental Toon, spamming Telekinetic Push made this really easy mode. Faust stood there and took all the damage and adds were dying really fast not completing the Channeling Orbs to make him grow. He didnt attack Zatanna or myself until close to the end when he finally did grow big.

[IMG]
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Region/Instance/Mission: Cast a Giant Shadow/Shadow Hearts, Cain Street Mall area
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: Low 20's ... 22 I believe
    • Faction: Villain
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability:
    The Star Labs T4 guys being on the ground near the Cain Street mall villain levelling in the low 20's is problematic. It's one thing to accidentally stumble across a level 30 bounty, but these guys don't appear to be special at all, and sometimes are downright hard to avoid. Once upon a time, they were on the roofs only.
  16. dmcmahon56 New Player

Playing Mystic Maiden.

Power set up is confusing. I select a power and put it in my power tree but if I moved out to look at something and then come back to the power tree, the power isn't there anymore but the original power is, though if I exit out to the main screen it is now in the slot I put in.
    Also, the power tree is a bit glitched in that if you have moved down the screen to see the later powers you get, and then arrow onto a slot in the power tree, it doesn't read the power in that slot but the power under it. You have to scroll all the way back up to correctly read the power in your power tree. Same thing for if you want to swap one power over to another slot, the power underneath shows up instead of the power you swapped slots with.
    Be nice if the level that you get access to a power is listed in its description while deciding which powers to take.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts after this one relate to revamp 1.4.
  18. L T Devoted Player

Is there currently a way to create a new character on test in order to check the leveling content? seems like they all start at L30.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.