Stats Revamp: Leveling 1-30

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Region/Instance/Mission: Gotham University Open World, "Zombie Benefits" Rank Up Mission
    Faction: Hero
    Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Zone Ending Early
    Details: The zombie form isn't lasting long enough.
    - There are obelisks that we are supposed to disenchant but the one's close to the edge of the orange zone marked for the mission we cannot reach without being turned back into human form.

2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Region/Instance/Mission: Condemned Shipping Office
    Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Adds
    Details:Martian Manhunter is able to kill the adds while i sit back and do nothing the adds need to get a buff for this one.

Here is a pic if needed[IMG]
    As you can see i am in the back none of my ability's are on cooldown i am not doing anything.

in this pic i am getting attack but still doing nothing to show proof that it's all manhunter doing all the work.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Since I can't edit this post anymore. I'll add on to it.

• Instance: East End Regal Hotel
    • Version: Hero.
    • Boss: Joker
    • Details: Joker's damage is way too low, he only hits for around 10 damage and around 21 damage if he does some other one handed combo.
    Completed this at level 17
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Region/Instance/Mission: Lair of Spectre
    Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Visual Bug During Spectre
    Details: Was doing a HB hold range combo and when I got turned into Spectre, the model was how Hades was doing inside the new duo where the arms are spread out.

5. Elusian Crowd Control

• Region/Instance/Mission: Gotham East End / Mission: The First Clue (Riddler Storyline First Part)
    • My Character Level/Combat Rating: 21
    • Faction: Hero
    • Fight/Boss/Mechanic/Ability: Evil Clownface
    • Details: Targetting is broken on the clownfaces as the player targets above the object. This is currently not the case on live so I report it. Screenshot:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Region: Gotham University Leveling Mission
    My Character Level: 27
    Fight: Isis
    Details: I feel like the Elite Guardsman in the Isis fight have too much health. It took me a lot longer than I would have expected to kill both of them.
    • Like x 1
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

One thing I noticed is that the watchtower's mission no longer appears. Unless you go up to it!
    And in case you do not go, she does not appear, does not appear the mission for your base! I was already level17 and I was still without a base! And had even forgotten, when I decided to go to the tower to reset and then the mission appeared, and all the others later came ...
    If I had not gone, maybe I would have stayed up to level 30 without having a base!o_O
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

The Zombie form also had horrible power back.
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I had to load two shields to survive her onslaught. At one point her power returned to 100%. Her sub-boss goes down in 5 seconds.Her stuns were unbreakable.
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Interesting, I actually didn't have this problem. Welcome to the Watchtower showed up in my journal when I finished my 8th level mission. I have one character with Wonder Woman mentor and one with Superman, so it came up after I beat Raven/Hive and talked to Zatanna/Flash. I also got the Beastiomorph mission at the same time, and that one was selected. So I could see how the Watchtower mission could be overlooked, but it might be related to who your mentor is. Is yours Batman?
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

Rolled a toon (Ice, hero using staff) and played through the first WW story arc (Mannheim's Chinese Theater) plus the Brainiac side mission. At no time was I ever in danger of being KOed by anything. Even Faust hit really soft.

There were some inconsistencies in some of the mobs along the way. In the first mission near the PD, the soulless were almost tough to kill even though they hit like pansies. In the next mission in the chain, they fell in one lunge and the magents took a couple of combos to kill. In the book store, magents took a couple of combos to KO but everything else died in one shot. After that, everything died in one lunge/combo all the way to the Faust fight. He felt sufficiently tough to KO but hit like a powderpuff. I ignored the mechanics and just stayed on him.

I ended that session at level 9. All in all, it felt fast but unfulfilling. There should be some danger of being KOed if you mess up and pull too much or fail mechanics but nope.
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So I finally got my leveling toon through 1-30 on test(Mental)

Condemned Shipping office: Completed at level 26
    Lord Jareth was right in saying that the adds are too weak, and I'll further expand upon that in saying not only are the Atlantean mobs too weak. But the crabs that are spawned by Aquaman are also weak, The little ones have too low HP and can be killed with a simple overhead strike combo. The Big ones shoot Green laser stuff at you, but they don't appear to do anything. (Not sure if that's intended)

Aquaman himself was fairly challenging, Circe was easy.
    Gotham university: completed at level 27.
    The only main issue I had here was the fact that the Royal Guardians do more damage then the Final Boss Isis herself.

Omac Base : Completed at level 27.
    The Final Boss was really the only thing that made me struggle a little bit, the rest of the instance is pretty much a cakewalk. So I don't know what my verdict is on this one.

Spectre's lair: Completed and made it to level 28.(Level 30 advancement mission part 1)
    This one is the complete opposite of the Omac Base Mission. The adds hit hard, but the boss is kind of a joke and easy to defeat. Then again, Eplicso has always been one-shotted before the CR differential came into play; so, I don't mind this one.

T.O Morrow's Lair: Completed at level 28.
    The Morrow-bots do a lot of damage, so you might wanna bring a cola, healing, and some shields before entering this one.

Possible bugs: You'll need to specifically use your weapon here because of the Turrets, long range attacks and powers do not work on the Turrets.
    The Robots hit harder than Red Tornado and the Joker which doesn't seem correct to me.
    I only came close to dying on this part here, Gotham Star Labs was a cakewalk.

Gotham Star Labs: Completed at level 28. (Level 30 advancement mission part 2)
    This was pretty much a cakewalk, damage is extremely inconsistent throughout the entire instance.

• Brainiac Reconstructors and Overseers have the same HP, but I think there's a difference between there Defense and Damage output for the two.
    • The Star Labs Turrets have too much HP; the Brainiac adds couldn't kill any of them before I wiped them out.
    • There was a Strange Occurance during the final boss room that I can't reproduce. I finally activated all of the Bat-Computers and killed off all the adds in there, but once Robot Batman spawned out of his shield; I immediately got one shotted.
    • Robot Batman was under-whelming, fairly easy to kill.
    Conclusion:
    Most of the Leveling up content seems good to go, it's really only the difficulty in some areas that need tweaking.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I just reached level 30. I did my final missions CAO Dam with the use of any powers and I did Shadowlands in healer role. I shouldn't have used Arc Lightning because it also did damage, but I basically had very little problem with doing either and not using powers. My conclusion is either that health is far too low in general or our weapons do way too much damage. Not using any weapon buff or trinket I was still able to one-shot many adds in the Shadowlands. I am using Dual Wield.
  14. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

Region: Gotham University Leveling Mission
    My Character Level: 27
    Fight: Isis
    Details: I feel like the Elite Guardsman in the Isis fight have too much health. It took me a lot longer than I would have expected to kill both of them.

Region: Brainiac

Region: Brainiac Bottle Ship
    My Character Level: 1-3 (at the time)
    Fight: All enemies on the bottle ship
    Details:

Was everyone else able to one-shot everything on Brainiac's Ship?

If this is meant to be a tutorial being able to hit one button and kill everything is not helpful. It's also not very fun.

I think the difficulty (which really wasn't high at all) needs to be set back to what it was originally so that a) It's fun to fight your way through! and b) It gives new players and idea of how to use their weapons, the games mechanics, and anything other than just hitting one button and every enemy on the screen dies.

This was especially apparent when fighting the lungers etc. where I was meant to be learning mechanics like block breaking.

Rather than doing any of that I just spammed my one power attack and everything died.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question:
    I received this from my mentor at level 30. Is this a new addition? I haven't leveled a new character in a very long time.
    [IMG]
  16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I believe both of these are the same as, or very similar to live. They changed the ship tutorial to make it easier because people were getting stuck. You don't have to learn the counter mechanics, there's no robot in the room with the heal barrels that traps and throws you, and after the first Prime Servator, you no longer have to activate your movement mode because the doorway out is on the same level. (Not saying I agree with these changes, just explaining they aren't related to stats matter.)

I also found everything to be too weak on the ship, especially when you start getting gear. However, I was able to get me 100 hit feat in the last fight because I just kept throwing shuriken at the sparks and killing them with one tap.:D

The 30 level gear box was added around the same time that the ship tutorial changed. It was part of the effort to make an easier transition from the leveling progression to the CR/tier progression. You also should have missions in your journal to complete the solos and the duos. Those give several marks, which is nice for powering up your base!
  17. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

Oh thanks. It has been quite a while since I levelled a character obviously! I really don't agree with that either, but I guess them's the breaks.
  18. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

I haven't made it all that far yet, but one suggestion I have is that Skill Points should be displayed on the Traits menu, similar to what we have in the UI now. With all of the new sub-categories in that menu, it would be helpful to know what we have to invest before randomly opening the next menus.
    • Like x 1
  19. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I tried getting the 100 hit feat by un-equipping my weapon and punching the adds. This works on live but things seemed to die just a little too fast and I couldnt get the feat via that method.

Eventually, I found that you can easily get the feat at the tutorial phase teaching the counter mechanics. When the blocking add spawns, just take off weapon and keep punching the add. Add will not die or move and 100 hit feat is easily achieved, no muss no fuss. Could be done on live also, I presume.
  20. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

Yes!

I forgot to mention this. I kept forgetting I had skill points to spend because there's no visual cue.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.