Stats Revamp: Lack of Testers (Incentive required?)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Soul, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul Dedicated Player

I think all (few) testers of the Stats Revamp would agree - we just don't have enough players on the test server to help out.

It's difficult to form raids, and even more difficult finding specific roles and setup specific group compositions to test different practical game-play.

Is there a way Daybreak/DCUO can help out with this? Post notifications on Live, or give people an incentive?

You've got titles in game now, maybe offer accounts who get on test a unique "Stats Revamp Tester" title or something..

Honestly, I don't care how you do it.. just help us, help you.

Also, If you could make content normally locked to a progress point - accessible right away, that would help a lot aswell.

Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Saami Loyal Player

I think that people have better things to do than play in test server.
    I have played this game since launch and have many good memories, but i would let it it die in heartbeat , if the other option is to be free beta-tester.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Honestly, it's hard to get more people to test out this revamp.

I mean have you not seen all the post that people were saying"CANCEL THE REVAMP!!!!" "AM'S ARE GOING BYE-BYE" and all the other stuff that appearantly angers them with the revamp.

Just saying, if people are that upset with the revamp they aren't going to test it.
    • Like x 5
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

This way or another.. this matter needs a solution.

Can't test without testers..
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Oh don't get the wrong idea, I'm not disagreeing.
    I'm all for more Testers(provided they know what they are doing) but realistically speaking I don't see that happening.

Even Before Said Stats-Revamp, The main reason why the developers let the test server become open for free was because not enough members were testing the stuff out.
    • Like x 2
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

sadly atm everyone is busy with new content ... once they finished all feats they will be bored and more will jump on test, helping :p
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Ftfy
    • Like x 1
  8. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

It's quite true and very perceptive of you to say that people aren't willing to test the new revamp.

I used to be involved in testing and have done so for the past 5 years or so and initially even tested the stats revamp but every time the testing feedback is largely being ignored by the development team.

I don't think I appreciate the manner in which revamp is being carried out, and so, I am not testing anymore and even if I do test power sets on the test server, I find the idea of posting any kind of feedback meaningless.

Why should anyone really test? All of the testing effort has historically been **** on by the developers team and so, it is best we have some paid people on DCUO staff to undertake the testing or the developers could for a change start playing their own game.

One of the most embarrassing game play knowledge has been showcased by developers in their content stream, none of them has any clue of the weapons, powers, load outs and rotations. Why should I waste my time when the other person is incapable of understanding game play basics?
    • Like x 8
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Things needed:
    - Lock all T6 and below content
    - Lock T7 Raids, Alerts,And Duos (leave solos for solo testing)
    - Disable pvp entirely until we reach that stage of testing (including dueling).
    - Disable walk-in teleporters.
    - Incentives added.
    - Progress Point feature removed.
    - Sparring Targets returning power.
    • Like x 1
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

#PayMeInReplayBadgesToMakeLiveLessAnnoying
    • Like x 1
  11. Soul Dedicated Player

I can't fault you for any of this.. You are 100% right both about feedback being ignored and most definitely about the point of Devs not playing their own game..

SOE and Daybreak have nothing but negative history when it comes to community involvement, appeal and feedback analysis.

Why should anyone really test? Because we can, and it might help..
    If it doesn't, just like in the past - it won't be because we didn't try to help, but because they were incapable.

It's just a matter of commitment at this point, if I wasn't so invested, rationally - I should've stopped just like you have.
    • Like x 1
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Not possible because of PSN. Too long to push updates.
    • Like x 1
  13. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

No. I mean as in PlayStation won't allow updates to happen in a timely matter so test server doesn't work. Daybreak can't give updates to PS every 2-3 days like it does with PC. Giving an answer that has no possibility of ever working isn't even an answer. If I say food for homeless people is a problem that needs to be addressed, if your answer is "wouldn't be a problem if everyone was given the same amount of food by the government for a set time instead of individually purchased", that's not a proper response because no one is going to let a system like that happen. Instead of stating things that aren't possible that everyone has blindly repeated for years, give a response that is actually possible and helpful to the situation.
    • Like x 1
  14. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

You realize for years test server was only for legendary PC members right? That invalidates your whole argument along with the fact that PC's tend to cost the same if not more than consoles.
    • Like x 2
  15. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

maybe they should have section where we can at least que up with the Iconics to test, when theres not enough players to do so.
    Lol
    Or have special practice test solo/raid where we can que up with the Iconic 's to test a bit
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I'd like to say, welcome back!

I'd also like to ask, molded? You know what would be cool, all those play for free players actually giving feedback, because, hey, it's something.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

Shiny mackerel, we miss you.
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

We need more testers,and some perks wouldn´t hurt anyone.

Funny how the people against the idea of perks for testers are PS4 players who don´t test at all....

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

As someone who has popped up on test from time to time I understand why people don't test. It's pointless. Wasted time. Feedback is largely ignored. Besides most of us have lives outside the game. When a player has the insane amount of grind nowadays and only a short time to play then most certainly I'm going to spend that time on live. If there was a way to transfer a live toon to test and get the rewards then you would see more testers.
    • Like x 3
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've been saying this. Everyone wants to criticize the revamp, but no one wants to help make sure it's right. People would be surprised when they realize how much pull they have over this thing.

Right now it's literally a small team of people doing all the work. So if the revamp comes out looking like crap, don't complain when you didn't bother to help test it.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.