Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarrickTheFlash New Player

This is dcuo summed up in a nutshell
    • Like x 1
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

My very own subjective impression:

Changes from 1.0 to 1.1

A good chunk of cooldowns have been reduced still this is far away from what we have currently on live. I applaud that we are going in a good direction and that feedback has been taken care of.

Version 1.1 still does not allow the promised from the tray playstyle in which you can abandon your weapon and play as what AM took care of due to player requests in the past (the outcome of that is a different story). We are now back to the "must use weapon" playstyle. It personally doesnt bothers me but I can see people who wanted that pure superpower experience will fall short and feel neglected and thrown at the side after those 2 years of a run.

Healing

As I said the cooldown reduction is not a bad thing but it lacks. I can only imagine the overall plan of the other powers to come and it makes me chuckle a bit thinking of how this will destroy the fluid gameplay style of Nature and Celestial due to an overload of extended unnecessary cooldowns.

Cooldowns arent as bad as my text make it to read but I do want to mention that this is indeed a gameplay slowdown on the healer role. You guys are about to make the healer role less engaging and for me less interesting to play. Healers have a fast paced play at reaction and power access, if I want to play a slowed down game where I can watch my power bar being having funny timers counting down until I have my cooldowns ready again I would have started to play FFXIV. I beg you not to turn healers into some cooldown-watching snails just to enforce something that exist.

Then there is one problem others have pointed out pretty much. The Healer Shields. They are nerfed due to how they work now on test but on top increasing the cooldown AND shorten the duration is too much. Healer Shields are in fact being used as pick up "mechanic". I don't know if that has been even considered but you guys literally created over the past content that requires those long lasting healer shields just because of enemy fields being too long up and picking up in a 6 second shield window with going in and the timer it requires to turn the cog is going to be a problem and removing another aspect you guys created (unintentional or intentional) over the past. Shields uptime has to be reverted back to live server status in both sides interest.

2-2-2-2

I don't know if you guys checked live servers but as I said in the 1.0 feedback thread, the average pug ends up going with 2 healers anyway. "Under average operating" players will have to get access to a 3rd healer in some specific content types and this is not balancing the team in the slightest thats more like working against the idea. We have right now options. Options that the team praises as a thing, people have options to play with 1 or 2 healers. Options to choose whats best for them in certain situations. Removing these options will limit gameplay choices. Limited gameplay choices means limited happiness and I don't wanna be unhappy just because we have to end up with some weird 3 healer situation in content like SM (or specific raid encounters on release) just because cooldowns are needed to cap a players skill-level of how he performs with a power.

If you really wanna have influence on bettering the healer playerbase just remove cast-heals. They are the biggest threat of the game in terms of healing NOT cooldowns! Use the opportunity and rework all 4 cast heals to smth that is actually useful and not an indicator of how bad a healer is seen by the community in game.

If there is a chance to apply different cooldowns based on the role the best thing is just to revert cooldowns in general, lower the base numbers accordingly but not go as crazy on them as you guys went on Bioelectric Surge.

And just to remind, don't use the solo-heal scenery of specific endgame league/groups as a metric (because atm it seems its what you guys do) for your new system cause this is going to damage the wide array of skill layers amongst the healer playerbase in DCUO.

And to end positive again, you guys are on a track, keep it going and I'm also open to hear what general idea the playerbase should expect from these changes to find a middle-ground and bring everyone on the same page.

Thanks for reading,
    Elu.
    • Like x 9
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Healer shields calculations were changed. They are no longer 125% of restoration. And instead all shields have been changed to be restoration + dominance.

I asked another dev in the stats general feedback thread on why dominance wasnt added to compensate this. I would much rather have a giant nerf on restoration potency for heals than a nerf on cooldowns and shield strength
    • Like x 1
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

I pointed it out just not explicit named, I do saw your post :)

• Like x 1
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I agree with Elusian that this has been a step above what we got in 1.0 (not just for electric but all three powers, although this time I fiddled with Electric more than the other two) but it's not quite there yet, specifically the healing.

Removing the heal off of Ionic Drain (which didn't make sense to me, several healers were actually able to heal with it appropriately and get it to work for them... still don't understand the need for it's removal) and the slightly decreased cool downs still make the power suffer (and if this is going to be done to all healer powersets to fix "healing issues" that currently exist than I'm going to bang my head and probably just become a forum lurker instead of playing in game).

It still feels like healing has been slowed down too much and I can see, especially in pug groups, where this could often cause a wipe and therefore frustrate your player base and create an effect that could be similar to what happened during Origins Crisis. I also agree with others assessments that the increased cool downs were probably implemented to stop the "OPness" of healing but that would probably be easier with a restoration nerf of some type versus cool downs.

Oh and Elusian technically healing in FFXIV has less cool down issues than this current build and that makes me sad :(
    • Like x 2
  6. supalova20 Well-Known Player

change VOLTAIC BOLT and ELECTROCUTE back to its original cooldown
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Isn't Electrocute the same on live ?
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

Pretty much yes. Not identical but the dot goes through the whole cd duration now
    • Like x 1
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Electrocutes cooldown is the same as on live after 1.1 but its only a single AoE dot now even with a pi. Kinda ruins the dot vibe that electric has on live, also seems much less of a bonus for applying a pi. :(:mad:
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Another thing that makes me mad about this update is electric users have been waiting 2 plus years for a update and when one finally comes the power isn't even the power we used to play. Now its just a simplified version of itself and other powers will play almost exactly like it.

Since i see what kind of changes have been made here i can only imagine what they are going to do to nature and that makes me cry a little inside :(

I wish nature and elec could get a buff on live so we can atleast play the next 6 months or so and enjoy our powers before they get gutted.
    • Like x 2
  11. Ringz Dedicated Player

sadder part is, too many yes men and group thinkers are just gonna try to shut us up and use the infamous "wait" and "patience" words. The same folks who probably aren't even mains for those powers but they have an alt so it counts?... smh :(o_O
    • Like x 5
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

To summarize the requested changes to healing in v1 and v1.1 of electric:
    • Revert Cooldowns to live levels
    • Revert Bio cap to 4 man 4 net functionality and give it the cooldown of Celestials Admonish as it is on live
    • Revert Flux shields duration to live levels
    • Revert healing functionality of Bio Surge to live version, (Add back Bio Charge PI)
    • Revert healing functionality of Ionic Drain to live version (My opinion, just get rid of cast time heals and replace them with that 30s 8 man heal or something, cast time heals do not work in this game, except maybe Invocation of Renewal but mostly since there isn't really a better replacement for it in Sorcery for what the ability provides.)
    • Revert the healing functionality of Electroburst to live version (Not really sure about this one either, people seemed split on how it should work - some liked the version on test now some like the one that's on live)
    • Retain the new range changes
    • Balance the abilities on base heal values / restoration instead
    • Reduce the power costs on basically every ability (Not sure about this one since can't really judge power costs with all the new crazy power mechanic changes and people haven't really ran raids)
    • Buff Arc Lightning through giving it the new range for priority heals that are on test. If this seems too powerful let the Arc that Arc backs to you be able to Arc at that range.
    • Buff Electrogenesis to give 3 total auras and have them stick onto yourself and 2 most injured rather than being next to them. Give the "putting the aura on people" the new range priority heals have, keep the actual healing aura effect range the same.
    If there's anything I missed for the healing side please respond to this and add it. x)
    • Like x 1
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah the pi bonus is pretty much non existent. I only apply a pi on a fight that may take a lil while.
  14. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

For most of what you said about the current healing build I agree with.
    I do disagree that cast time heals are useless in this game. I will agree the majority of them are. If there was more of a risk vs reward way of using them (like the old invocation of renewal, granted the "newer" version might be slightly better overall.... haven't used it much since sorcery has so many other utility moves now). In the olden days you could heal an entire group in all content (OC and below) with the right timing, and I mean bring them back from the brink of death. Of course that mainly worked for sorcery because of how sorcery healing works overall and most of the other powersets didn't have that setup (and almost all of them had better things to use).
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Yeah thinking about it the new Invocation is fairly decent to use but you need decent timing with it however it is not very reliable to use in difficult content because your idle too long. Also would benefit with the priority heal range, not sure if it got it in this update, didn't test.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

ID was always the worst of the bunch because it was slow to start and a 4 second channel vs 3. One of my league mates uses IoR over Watcher so he has more control over healing and he does fine. Another thing that separates iD on live from other cast heals is the damage component. You can use IoR to clip other powers but you can't use ID to clip. I can see why Biocapacitor was moved to 8 man to make up for losing the 8 man heal of ID. Without raid healing, I can't tell if the change works or not.
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Could someone provide little info about Tesla Ball's damage vs cooldown time?

There is an Accelerated Mod version of Tesla Ball but Im afraid Electricity got the short end of the deal with this since animation time is pretty long too. Damage should be mighty fine to be worth it... :confused:
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I think its a good power to have on multiple targets. Not worth enough to use it on single target scenarios tho.
  19. krytine Loyal Player

Haven't tested today but does electrostatic burst have a heal over time as well to the initial burst heal still and is it's range the same as circle of protection still
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Also, IoR has a high crit chance (without using skill points) if you have your golden aura up (or whatever the technical thing is called) on all eight people... it was the only cast that worked that way (can't recall if it still does, haven't looked at it in forever).
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.