Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Evidently the effects of Wired only lasts 6 seconds. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

What I feel we are seeing is an attempt to balance healing between PVE and PVP. Many would say that is one of things most broken about PvP currently. Devs haven't confirmed but if you are going to revamp, it makes sense to tackle both sides of the coin.
    • Like x 1
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Right simple solution to bringing back 2 healers is to just take down the amount of resto we have. I don't get why they always try change the way things work when the fixes are always so easy....
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ugh good find. I wish we could get some sparring dummies to check this stuff out. Well if pi's only last 6 seconds that stinks. I'll have to get on and try out other things.

Did you happen to test the duration of the polarized pi?
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I meant to ask this but are all weapon buffs going to be Precision buffs now ?
    And are all Might buffs and Weapon procs going to be completely removed ?
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The devs are making these changes because they want higher dps behind a rng wall in time capsules. Dps will be decided by white time capsule mods, not skill or role. Watch what i tell you all
    • Like x 3
  7. Cyro Committed Player

In an attempt to make their lives easier by having same cooldowns in pve and p, they have made our jobs(as healers of the group much more complicated)

I think most healers are fine with a simple reduction or resto, vit and no wm crit - this would make 2 2 1 3 groups happen, only thing left is to come up with is a way to make 2 tanks a thing besides building content around having two bosses at the same time(which in most cases seems like a crutch to me).

Making the game harder is great i love it, but the way you are still going about it seems wrong, you are tying our hands behind our backs by making the best move in our arsenal of healing have a long cooldown all the while making it needed to have the reduced cooldown which would only bring the bio cap cooldown to 16 seconds, that is if they round it up.

The strange thing about the changes to elec healing is you have both made healing harder yet simpler by getting rid of the pi interaction you have lobotomized the power you should be increasing the interactions of the pi not reducing it.

I understand where you are coming from making the dots shorter so they do more damage i get it but i feel it is the wrong way to go. Instead how about we increase the duration of all dots to match their cooldowns HOWEVER the dot is every two seconds instead of one, still do the same damage but over a longer period of time. By stretching it out we feel more powerful which is why people play this game to feel like a powerful superbeing, i dont want to summon a thunderstorm only to see its gone after 6 seconds, how sad is that. by having the duration match the cooldown you appease both groups of people its a little of the way you want it and a little of the way we want it - we both win.

I think the community as a whole would rather you reduce or make it so you need more of the support stats ie reducing the efficient of stats like vit and resto rather than pushing #CooldownsMatter. Then after that we as one can decide what needs to be changed, community and dev, working together.

Thank you for trying to address our concerns it means a lot that you have listened to us, i hope this practice continues.
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

So far this seems to be the case.
  9. krytine Loyal Player

Why if it is changed to an 8 man it doesn't need the pi
  10. Celestial Powers Committed Player

It didn't need to be changed into an 8man, on live you can get surge to be an 8man heal with the net on everyone.

Turning bio cap into this means a higher Cooldown guaranteed which isn't what electric needs to be competitive, electric loses healing potential for this change for reasons which I explained in one of my posts earlier in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

I seem to have a much better time using an Electrified pi loadout.
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Part of what did make Electric unique was how it was a compound power. One power feed off of another or was upgraded to do more. That made Electric a more advanced healer not better or worse just different to know what powers would work well off of each other and when to use them. By removing the pi and the ability to stack a heals to make them stronger know you position to the group so you would know which worked best. You have stolen what makes Electric electric we are a damage producing burst healer let us be that way
    • Like x 1
  13. krytine Loyal Player

Biosurge removes the pi in order to do the large group heal so you loose the the safety net so each time currently if you use the priority heal bio surge you take off the net but heal more of the group I actually like the two heals being separate so I could keep the net up I am not in favor of a 30second time for the net
  14. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

No, please fix that. It should be 12 seconds someone please check CB. It should be 12 second duration as well.
    • Like x 1
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Bio Surge doesn't remove the PI. The net only goes if it's been triggered or if 2 minutes have passed.
    • Like x 3
  16. Mystere Well-Known Player

Day 2 testing:

1. Cooldowns still need to be reduced on:
    a) Ionic drain (esp if u want us to heal with it)
    b) Arc LIghtning (esp if you want us to heal with it)
    c) BioCap (esp if you want us to heal with it)
    d) Voltaic bolt - basically can use it once in a fight

2. Reduce Power costs on:
    a) Arc Lightning
    b) Voltaic Bolt
    c) Biocap

3. Put synergy with Biocap and priority heal back

4. Shield time too low and too long recharge. Some game mechanics make it so u need shields - e.g., pick ups and even OLYe

5. Just pick a good power on Live (for power and cooldowns - e.g., Celestial) and just use that cooldown and power cost here. No need to slow things down!
    • Like x 2
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Mystere- near as I can tell, there is no point in using Ionic Drain to heal. The amount of healing vs damage does not change upon moving to healer role.
    • Like x 3
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

They don't need to do that. They can adjust the numbers for PvP and PvE separately like they did in the last update they gave to PvP when they nerfed weapon damage and removed AMs just in PvP.

Also, things like hybrid role PvP gear on live is a major part of the reason healing is strong. The Vit alone keeps Nature as the Best healer. Electricity is probably the most well-balanced healer on live.

But, I digress. They stated that the last version of the Update wasn't with PvP in mind yet, and based on how this update seems to only be covering the same areas I would assume that this is the same.
  19. krytine Loyal Player

Reread the power tree interaction please you might be surprised
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Couple of things:

Wired: cooldown of 12s only lasts for 6 seconds. This also has an unusual relatively high power cost compared to other powers. So IMO either lower the power cost or make the duration last longer. I would prefer you to lower the power cost assuming all other weapon buffs from other powers have this same cooldown and duration.

Electrostatic Bomb: Very strong move and the cooldown is nice. Will have to test this against other powersets to see if it is too strong.

Electrocute: Very nice duration matches cooldown so no issues here.

Circuit Breaker: Noticed a very small increase in damage and didnt notice any increase in the number of crits. ATM megavolt is more useful or even choosing vacuum bubble( 25% supercharge now) is more beneficial.

Arc Lightning: Cooldown is reasonable but I would lower the damage and decrease the cooldown time to accomodate the healing side.

Static Push: A super charge builder I know but I am hoping you do away with these supercharge powers like you did with the power regen power and just increase natural supercharge regen. Cooldown is long and damage is relatively weak compared to shock wave and other powers.

Voltaic Bolt: Decrease cooldown or increase the damage.

Healing wise I would say Biocapacitor is still hurting the powerset via the changes. Due to electricity's limits you can either reduce the cooldown on this power further and return it back to a 4 man. Or you need to capitalize on other abilities healing factor or add healing factors to other abilities.

Electrogenesis: Very good for both roles however the healing side either increase the range of the heals or make it stick to 4 players instead of 2( or 3 if you want to compromise).

Flux: Only make adjustments if you plan on reducing the duration of other healer shields as well.

Healing is much better in 1.1 compared to 1.0 but IMO live version of electric has more options and is more capable of healing any content.

I still believe adjustments need to be made to the healing side.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.