Stats Revamp: Atomic

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

Realistically, you can't do full melee combos on live either because you're bound to be countered. TCE has a long cool down, but AS is off cool down after a Beta Surge combo, so you can still combo more or less continuously. The Aura PI lasts as long in DPS stance as it does as a Tank, so there's really no problem with doing a few weapon attacks in between combos also.

I found Atomic generally fun to play in both stances.
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Fracture should also be made a solo taunt combo it would help balancing a two tank run scenerio
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Atomic already has a solo taunt in it's arsenal.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Bug report

Whenever you pop Density or Mass Density, the appearance change can disrupt whatever it is that you are doing. It stops you from comboing, casting a power, etc. This effect usually happens in the beginning and at the end. Video below for analysis.

• Like x 1
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

If anyone wants to see how much atomic tank got nerfed, go into the NGN open world where the raid adds are and try to hold 3-5 by yourself. Good luck. I don't want to call for a blanket buff just yet, I want to see how many other people can't come up with a solution for self sustain first.

P.S. - When atomic got released, we used to be able to hold 5-8 depending on various factors.
    • Like x 3
  6. eanur Well-Known Player

I've already mentioned this on the last 2 pages to spord but without a video to back myself up. Hopefully now it can be seen it will be looked at if the fix is a simple one.
  7. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

There is one small detail you missed. Photon Remedy in DPS role does too much healing. The healing needs to be reduced in DPS role. Not being able to to stop someone from getting the aura through a counter will lead to abuse. Besides, the heal needs to be reduced in DPS role anyway. Please please look at this.
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

The aura doesn't increase proton remedy's heals, nor does it offer % heals when done in dps stance. It offers % heals for tanks but only granted crit buffs and might for dps, and even that feature was removed. It actually has 0 uses as a dps besides making a proton remedy give its heals in 6 seconds instead of 12, which doesn't change anything for a pvp perspective.
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Is it intended for atomic combos to only proc the passive regeneration and not the weapon regen as well like what combo powers do on live?
  10. eanur Well-Known Player

I've just been doing a little test comparing my tank on live power cost to my tank on test power cost. The test was fairly simple I use a standard rotation I would use when tanking alert and below so I start with a combo -> activate aura straight after with Neutrino blast and then keep doing combo's till neutrino blast is off cooldown and carry on etc with that rotation. Unless I get into trouble I find little use for the rest of the skills and if I do I just pop a shield or heal.

The results of the test was quite simple. On test I can keep using combo's till neutrino blast is off cooldown once and then I'm out of power but on live I can do the same but I can just fit in 2 rotations of Neutrino blast before I just run out of power.

I'm still trying to figure out the main root of this but it seems like now they have changed it so each part of a combo costs power where as on live only the first part costs power our power use has increased. Also even though I did not use this in my rotation im curious to know the reasoning behind proton remedy being a high power cost? Its a basic tanking skill which heals and is a shortcut to activate our aura but it costs half our power bar to use. This should be a medium power cost Max which brings me onto my bug.

BUG REPORT:

Where as one of the Combo short cut skills in proton remedy is using too much power neutrino blast is using none at all. Right now as I said above im using 2x more power then on live and yet that power is bugged then my power usage is going to up if neutrino blast is proven to be a bug and in a raid where I am using the high power cost proton remedy
    • Like x 1
  11. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I did my first test yesterday in typhom and I would have loved it if it were not for one reason:
    The execssiva loss of power! Even beating with guns I could not keep up with power! The ice tank spends less power than the Atomic!
    When serenado by the mosntros, I had an hour that simply my power was over and I had nothing more to do but to pray ...
    Do people forget that there are players who make solo content in this game? And in the case of the atomic I love to do tank because I love the atomic tank?
    It does not mean that I do not play from DPS until game, it's my second role! And I intend to test today!
    But the atomic tank is something wonderful! sublime!
    Do not spoil his gameplay! I love DCUO so!:eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Anyway this is not right! One thing is you choose your way of playing, and make a "sacrifice" here or there, another thing is you do something completely meaningless! It's one thing to spend a little power! Another thing is a DPS having to spend "EVERYTHING" in power just to have the right to play as he likes !!!
    This was not the propaganda the developers did! This is not what we were promised!
    • Like x 3
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

OK so, yeah I did some tanking with atomic to see how it compares to ice.

Loadout: Atomic reorganization, beta surge, atom splitter, proton remedy, energize, nuetrino blast

My experiences:

•Thermochemical explosion needs a cooldown nerf. It lasts way too long for offering little benefit besides extra damage and CC in tank role. Maybe for DPS it'll be better, but as far as tanking, I took it out the loadout completely.

•Atom splitter appears to be vulnerable to interrupt still, despite the changes to combo abilities becoming invulnerable, Not sure if this was mentioned yet.

• tying in with the second bullet, thank you so much for allowing us to use our ranged combos uninterrupted. It adds more variety to tanking and they're a good substitute for thermochemical explosion, hopefully you guys adjust the cooldown on it still.

• Proton remedy needs a power cost reduction as well as the combo abilities. You're already hurting for power if you tried to spam combos to keep yourself alive, PR just doesn't seem to fit anywhere with its insane power cost. I don't understand why you guys insist on the long cooldowns and exorbitant costs. They don't make the gameplay more enjoyable, they hinder it even further. I had to resort to alternating between atomic and weapon combos to keep my power at a somewhat healthy state, even with two trolls (as a tank I don't believe in overdosing on power, because it lowers survivability having to throw everything you got into one stat).

• Using Density then returning to normal causes your combos to break midway, screwing up your count for the aura. I wouldn't be as concerned about this if the power costs weren't so insane. Again not sure if was mentioned already, if so I apologize for reiteration.

•Energize SC does wonders especially with healing, and I can definitely see this being the go-to sc for atomic tanks.

• A tie in with what Britteny said, more control resistance is needed. I felt like I was being thrown around like a rag doll tanking the first boss in GoM

Overall, despite the negatives above, atomic holds up a A LOT better then ice, it's a shame really. I'd say tank wise only a few things need tweaked, but ice needs more work done to it then atomic.
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I usually never post on the forums because they are entirely too messy 90% of the time, but I tested atomic (tank role) and was forced to share my feedback. I grabbed the latest testing set of gear putting me at 166. I also enabled all my ht mods as well as other supplies from my base. After fully modding and setting up my toon I went to the af3 sewer mission to see how tank faired with the changes since there are plenty of adds there. The first and most important thing I noticed is the power cost for proton remedy. My power pool was 18,422 (base) and hitting pr alone used a little over half of my power bar so I would guess around a 10k plus power cost. That is extremely high considering pr needs to be kept up as a tank, so I definitely think a power cost reduction needs to happen for proton remedy. The next thing I noticed was the massive cooldown for thermochemical explosion, I was able to do atom splitter 3 times before thermo was off cooldown. These being the main 2 combos essential to atomic tanking thermochemical explosion definitely needs a reduction on the cooldown. Last I want to point out that atom splitter isn't stunning any adds upon using the combo/pull which I later heard was a bug and would be fixed so just a friendly reminder on that. Overall I was highly disappointed with atomic and decided that would end my testing until adjustments are made.
    • Like x 1
  15. BigAl Devoted Player

Already is on my rotation on live.

Haven't had the time to test again, but looking forward to it. Looks like not too many massive changes (IMO), just QoL type, and that makes me happy. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Mystere Well-Known Player

IMO, fracture should add the daze PI to the enemy it hits and nearby enemies. One should be able to use fracture to lunge into a group of enemies, daze them and then start a rotation. In fact, consider whether it also becomes the supercharge builder too.
  17. Leet Active Player

This is currently an issue on LIVE server as well. Please fix.;
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Atomic Tank Footage

Initial Impressions (Tanking)

Alright how do I begin. To start off, I want to recall what I said in the Ice thread. I feel weak as a tank. I don't feel like a tank, I feel like I got my hands cuffed together and was told to go do a task without using my hands. It's frustrating for me. Atomic tanking is just good enough to get by in content thanks to the self heals and the couple bit of tools you have at your arsenal. Same as Ice was, just enough to get by but definitely hard and tough to play. I was specced into dom, health, defense, and power and I still feel like I don't have power to sustain myself as well with certain abilities such as Proton Remedy. It was rough to play and I had to implement the use of weapon (which I did not prefer compared to something like Ice). I was looking forward to playing from the tray as a tank where I just use combos similar to how it is on Live.

Some pointers...
    I think you guys should experiment with giving an extra percentage to the dominance heals (like I suggested to increase Ice's shield strength), I'm no longer able to sustain myself like on Live and I'm at the mercy of the healers for HP and at the mercy of the troll to CC get some breathing room. I have to agree with Kuroki here on that aspect.

Energize SC. I'm probably am going to be the odd duckling here but I don't think it gives enough heals as in comparison to Hibernation. Hibernation, has that strength of being able to restore you from 10% HP to 100% HP. Energize doesn't really compare to that. Thermalchemical Explosion I can understand why it has the 12 second cooldown, it's the same case with Frost Slam so I understand why that is, CC and all. I can also understand why the stun CC was removed from Atom Splitter and Atomic Reorganization.

Some pros....
    Removing counter vulnerability is a great addition so that's really nice. The DPS side feels fun as always though I can see some people running out of power without the right spec and the right balance of a loadout. I managed to make a combo loadout from the tray granted there were spots where I had no power but that was only in solo and duo play. Definitely plenty of options to play with instead of just combos.

Requests
    • Reduce power cost of Proton Remedy
    • Reduce combo power cost just a slight bit
    • Increase percentage of dominance combo heals
    • Increase CC resistance
    • Increase Energize's heal strength
    • Like x 2
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Oh, to do that, that's Energized clipped with proton remedy. You should be full health in like 2-3 seconds. At least that's how it used to be. Haven't tried it on test.

EDIT: Most of the time I used Energized was after I died or when I needed to have a split-second heal.
    Scenario 1 - I have 100% health, I get chunked to 30% health, I know a hit is coming in the next 2 seconds that hits for half my health, boom, hit energize and I'll live with a sliver of health and the healer can catch me.

Scenario 2 - I just died and got revived, Energize + proton and I would back at full health with my aura back up in like 3 seconds.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Agreed with all the bullets except the last one I'm iffy about. I don't know if it's how I was specced, but energize literally brought me back from the dead to full health a few times. I'll have to log back in and see how my sp are allocated, I haven't respecced since ice, but I thought the self heals were great on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.