Stats Revamp 1.8: Nature

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

I wouldn't say it's great though. Like I said it's a step in the right direction; HOWEVER the DoTs still need a huge buff. The healing is still in a bad spot. They need to change bloom to an instant cast.
  2. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Change bloom to an instant cast. Good healers don't use powers that root and have cast bars. That will fix the 3 stack problem. No one on live really uses bloom. It's useless in its current state. If you buff the HoTs and change bloom then nature healing will be back in a good spot.

The DPS still needs a lot of work. Also please consider getting rid of everything AOE about briar and buff it's DoT damage accordingly. The AOE animation is too much as it is. Revert it to the way it was when the game first started.
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

After another little playthrough, I found myself relying on Metabolism and Cross Pollination a lot more than I think I should have, the blossom pheromone healing is very useless, ranging from 2-3k at roughly 15000 resto.

Flourish again is also just downright weak and underpowered, the burst was ranging from 2k-2.6k. I would find if you don't revert it back to how it works on live it would be best as a pure HoT, 3s CD 200 power which should have a stronger HoT than it did before 1.8 and refresh. I found roar to be more safe to use whilst a HoT like metabolism was running because Im stuck in the animation. (What I'm asking actually sounds a lot like Savage Growth so maybe it would be best to bring that ability back)

If you don't want to increase the duration of the pheromones so we can get increased blossom pheromone healing then Flourish needs to be tuned and Savage Growth has to come back
    • Like x 1
  4. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Savage doesn't need to come back if they change bloom into an instant cast. That is something I am pulling for since bloom is not viable in any situation. With bloom as an instant cast, we would get a nice animation and a useless heal changed into something useful. However, it wouldn't hurt to have a 4th stack.
  5. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Bloom wont get changed because it's counterparts function the same. Also Bloom got an upfront burst along side the HoT last update so it's OK to use.

You already have four stacks, Cross Pol, Metab, Bloom and Flourish.

Adding back savage growth is essential, we need something to easily apply pheromones with a low cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Bloom isn't useful one bit. Decent healers won't use a heal that roots you. Rooting in the same place to get a heal is realllllllly bad. You need to be able to move in raids. Also being vulnerable to interrupt is another REALLLLLLLY bad thing. So I do not agree with you. Even though Crappy doesn't know me, I think he would agree with me lol
  7. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

And correction we have 3 stacks: Metabolism, Cross Pol, and Bloom. Bloom isn't a viable option.

Look at Moja said: PHEROMONES: Returned to 3 stacks (Bloom, Cross Pollination, Metabolism)
  8. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Ok, so you clearly haven't even tested the revamp.

Flourish gave a pheromone stack around 1.6/1.7 and it still has it now.

You have no idea what bloom now does, you're just dismissing it because it's a cast time, please stop spreading misinformation and actually play the version of nature on test as it is now.

Yes Bloom sucked before but now that they added the initial burst heal at the beginning you can jump clip out of it and you still keep the pheromone stack, it might not be perfect but it's better than it was before and it's miles better than Invocation of Renewal and Guardians Light, it's counterparts on test.
  9. Devlyka Level 30

that's what I gathered. i really hope we don't lose our CC healing abilities. harvest is one of our best powers imo on live
  10. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

I dismiss anything that roots and has a cast time. I will continue to discredit it. A reliable heal shouldn't be vulnerable to interrupt or root for that matter. You need to be able to MOVE in raids VERY quickly or you die. Elec (or every healer power set) has one vulnerable interrupt heal that any good healer would NOT use simply because it roots and it's vulnerable to interrupt. I don't care how much you JC it. I shouldn't have to JC cancel something to get a reliable heal. NO NO NO NO NO and NO. Please dude I care about my power and I know nature like the back of my hand and I don't agree with bloom being apart of nature's bread and butter. Is your celestial power like that? Does it rely on an interruptable heal? No. Why should nature?
  11. Celestial Powers Committed Player

It's not bread and butter, if you've been reading my posts I've been trying to get more than what's currently available for Nature but they aren't going to change Bloom, it's been like this since the beginning of the game and they've now dedicated a type of ability for this in the revamp.

You don't need to tell me how raids play, I'm not offering my guidance on how to help all four power sets from thin air, I've played every single healer power as they've come out since 2011, I know what I'm talking about because I've taken each of these abilities to the most difficult content this game provides and tried to make them viable. This revamp gives me that chance to ensure what ever power someone picks it's viable in the hardest content this game sets out. If you don't think I know what I'm talking about PM me, I'll show you I'm trying to get the best for every healer power set.
    • Like x 3
  12. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Well I've stuck with nature for my last 6 years. It has been something I am passionate about. I don't care about something you can JC. Again you shouldn't have to JC a skill to get ample output. Nor should a stack root for that matter
  13. silikyan Well-Known Player

i prefer not also but we are not bound to use so it doesn´t really make a huge diff.
    [IMG]
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I like Savage Growth as a burst alternative to VPlants. Its shorter range but deals better damage.

I still find Wolf, Insectoid and Gorilla semi useless SCs. I think all 3 should have increased power regeneration for their rather short durations .
    Gorilla and Wolf got back their uniquely but awkward or should I say UNIQUELY AWKWARD modified weapon attacks back.
    Didnt check Insectoid but I hope it still got all Hand Blaster attacks instead of the its own modified crap.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Both my posts in one so its easier to see my feedback and info.

Ok so i did some solid testing today and found 2 bugs and some other stuff out.

Bug 1, The dots don't split.

Bug 2, Roar sometimes deals 3 ticks and sometimes 4. Also it consumes the poison's but with no extra damage.

Now onto the other stuff. After testing natures damage vs what i can do with other powers i have to say i'm in agreement with others who say the dot damage is a little low. If it was picked up some nature would be in a good spot. The dots are natures main source of damage so they should be pretty strong.

Next, Carnivorous plants. I know we've talked about this before and the reason the damage is lower then other 50% supers is cause it has a small heal on it. How about we remove that and just make the super pure damage cause a 50% super is very nice to have and lets be serious here the heal on it isn't healing anything so lets just get rid of it and focus on the damage aspect of it.

Transformation supers...I like the idea but the benefits from them need to be good. On live server gorilla lasts for a minute but on test these supers last for 20 seconds. Thats just to short. I know you said your gonna be working on them and im curious to see what you come up with but keep in mind the duration they last should be a decent length not only 20 seconds.....well unless they do something crazy lol

The foundation for nature is looking good and myself and most others i've spoke with are very happy dps wise. Dot damage is the most important thing in my opinion and we need to make sure its adjusted correctly cause then everything else is just small adjustments.
    • Like x 2
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

PLEASE, if you make dots stackin again, then please please pleas, let them be POWERFULL... it need activation time, it goes away after all is dead and i has not realy burst power... DONT LET NATURE BEEING THE WORST POWER AGAIN, please!

QUESTION:
    could you make it possible for DOTs to hit harder on adds, while the bosses get the normal dammage? as i said, dot stacking allways takes so much time, it is useless against adds...
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

The reason they tried the "consume dots for burst" idea was to account for trash (Adds are additional mobs that appear during a boss fight. Trash is the weak mobs between boss encounters and what people complain about because of the scoreboard.) damage. Unfortunately, people moaned about it and they took that burst away.

FWIW, they had the right idea but it needed some tweaking. It should be a choice whether to let the DOTs run their course (high health fights) or just pop them for burst.
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You still have that option with roar but from what i can tell its not working properly.

Imo having dots out and a 300 power cost burst that doesn't clear your dots will net you the best damage. Taking your dots away anywhere but the last second of a add fight or boss fight will loose out on dps cause you now have to reapply everything. Also in quick add fights you can use something simple like serpent call for a aoe dot and savage growth for fast burst damage. The way nature is now gives us great options for bosses and adds they just need to adjust some damages a bit.
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I kinda assumed that Roar would deal same kind of burst damage no matter if you have 1 or 3 Poison stacks.

In any case I wish animation type like Roar would be something available only in Forms Supercharges and we get a new type of ability with better animation and same properties instead. Roar has poor animation and it doesnt really fit for human form.
    • Like x 3
  20. Heart Well-Known Player

Here are few other bugs and changes I noticed in addition to the ones already reported:

• Roar:
      • Does not do additional damage when consuming the poison of Serpent Call.
    • Serpent Call:
      • No longer shows visual effect on sparring targets.
    • Carnivorous Plants:
      • Does not heal differing from what description says.
    • Blossom:
      • The ability description incorrectly states that it consumes pheromones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.