Stats Revamp 1.8: Gadgets

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    This is an interesting bug with Suppressor Turret:

It eventually ended up being pinned against the league hall roof.
    • Like x 2
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I see you can't have Robot Sidekick and Suppressor Turret out at the same time. If you try to summon one, the other blows up.

I was interested in seeing how bad my passive power regeneration was going to be with that combination.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    You can still pull this off if you wait a second after initializing Cryo-Field:

You only get pulled out of Stealth if you clip Cryo-Field with Stealth.

I'm not a fan of all of the powers that do pull you out of Stealth. Clipping Cryo-Field, Neural Neutralizer, or EMP Pulse with Stealth will pull you out of that form. I'm finding it hard to use Stealth form if I'm running Cryo-Field on my loadout. I have to keep reminding myself not to clip Field with Stealth.
    • Like x 3
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

They should had left cryo foam a clippable dot...
    We love being able to clip powers !
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Some other things not mentioned in the patch notes:
    • Cryo-Foam now only applies grounding to the targeted enemy.
    • Battle Drone works correctly now. It only returns power and shields group members - not any pets.
    • The descriptions for some of the powers were updated.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Bug reports:

Cyro-Foam isn't letting me move around even though today's changes say it's supposed to be a mobile cast now.

Fear Gas's Change also isn't applying properly. It's still capable of being interrupted, and it's still a channeled.

Likewise Cyro-field isn't exiting me out of stealth when It's still active.
    [IMG]

Was this an oversight or am I missing something?

So far pretty much every change thats listed in today's hotfix for gadgets isn't working, I'm noticing no difference between this and the previous build. So did gadgets get changed at all?

• Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Cryo-Foam appears to be a bug.
    Cryo-Field will pull you out of Stealth if you clip too quickly - at least it was for me.
    Surprise Attack had its attack range extended. It is much easier to use now.
    The new Suppressor Turret is generally behaving as advertised.

There were several other subtle changes that weren't mentioned in the patch notes. See post #105 for details.
    • Like x 1
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

Can you guys let us jump cancel Fear Gass? I still see the animation...
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

as a clippable dot*
  10. Perdition Committed Player

Why in the world did u guys make Cryo-Foam a Channeled ability?! I dont like that change for one bit... i used to love clipping it. Now thats gone. Fear gas is still clunky to use and now Cryo-foam aswell..
    Cryo-foam as a channeled skill is pretty much the same now as Artic Gust 2.0

Changed it back to a clippable dot...
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Cryo-Foam and Fear Gas can be clipped. Here is a demonstration:

On that note, don't use Stealth for clipping Cryo-Foam or Fear Gas. You'll immediately be pulled out of Stealth Form.

That means you can't clip Cryo-Field, Cryo-Foam, EMP Pulse, Fear Gas, or Neural Neutralizer with Stealth without being pulled out of the form change. Even if you use a clipping power like Distract in between the two, you still get pulled out of the form change. You always has wait a second or two before you can activate Stealth.
    • Like x 2
  12. Perdition Committed Player

Thank You Penryn for the video! if they stay clipable then i can live with it. thank you again for showing me the video :D even tho i still don't understand why they went with a channel tho..
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Suppressor Turret and Holographic Decoy are generating "fake damage" on the scorecard. Here is a demonstration with Turret:

Certain people can be incredibly sensitive about these types of things since it is viewed as "scorecard padding."
    • Like x 2
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Oh, you just beat me to it XD

Reporting the same bug. I'd already uploaded the video, so may as well post, too.

Suppressor Turret Feedback
    I really like the change that was made to this. I wanted to be able to use this pet in combat, post-revamp but felt when it was dying after a few seconds, it wasn't very useful. It's much more useful now.

I would love to be able to move whilst summoning, it, though. If I try to move, it simply cancels the summoning and goes on cooldown. Given the fast pace that players move through the maps, it's not very helpful to be pinned in place when the group's on the move, whilst you're summoning for the next battle.

I don't think giving us the ability to move whilst summoning would be too bad. Jumping would still cancel it and we'd still be unable to use other powers whilst the summon occurs. It'd just help immensely with the transitional periods in the content and the rapid pace by which players move through the content.
    • Like x 3
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Great find with the fake damage. Please look into that. :)
  16. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Suppressor Turret Feedback: Suppressor Turret definitely feels much more useful in combat. One suggestion I would consider is buffing the Turrets damage some and as another tester already mentioned allowing us to cast it while we move around. Also, some fixes that need to be done include fixing the turret's habit to fly towards the ceiling and ability to produce fake damage.
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

I think Supressor Turret should have your duration slightly extended because it's annoying when every group of enemies that you must face you must active your Turret.
    • Like x 2
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I thought Supressor Turret would work better as a PI consumer than as a PI applicator. However, that hasn't turned out to be the case from my testing. The big problem I keep running into is that I have no idea what special attack Turret is going to use. Based on my observation, Suppressor Turret always leads off with a special attack, does four "basic" attacks, and repeats the cycle. The choice of special attacks seems to be random though. I've seen it use the same special attack multiple cycles in a row. Since each special attack has its own PI, you have to setup both of them to be safe. As is, you can use Napalm Grenade to setup Burning and Turret will elect to use Stun Grenade (which uses Electrify).
    • Like x 2
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This wasn't mentioned in the Patch notes, but Battle Drone can be used on a Stealth loadout now. If cast from Stealth, Battle Drone will default to its Damage role version.
  20. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

That happened with robot sidekick back during celestial testing era and was reported to spord. I'm guessing they didn't apply that patch to all of the pets since I think someone mentioned it happening to one of the sorc or earth pets as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.