Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spack2k Steadfast Player

2 controller cant sustain 1 healer atm ... hahahaha 2 healer :p
    • Like x 2
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think Hybrid mastery would generate better power overall. Weapon clipping would also help with burn.

And WM should generate the most power since that is supposed to be 100% Precision base with lowest power bar available. But Im not sure if that is the case for WM.
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

my SOLUTION would be:
    as much as your gear level, and the power costs are rising, the more power you should get through your gear stats...
    sorry, but this is the only way i can think of except giving all support stats power on an equal level like with the might/power stat.
    you just cant make the power costs rise exponential while the power is rising not for the same amount...

thats my oppinion, we still have not seen your calculation formula...
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

no, because your base power regen suffers with the WM stat, i guess?
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I'm not saying the heals "feel" weak, I'm telling you they are weak. Celestial Powers has already spoken to the fact of power consumption at lower tiers so yes it affects all tiers/CR. Solo healing in the revamp isn't for the weak and lesser skilled. Your entire group has to be paying attention not just the healer. Everyone has to be on top of pickups, paying attention to mechanics, and playing smart when it comes to SC's. The reason for this is all the same..It's power costs, troll role under-performing, and under-performing bursts/HoTs. I broke it down on how it plays out in my previous comment when mass AOE's happen.

Basically to break it down a tad further the biggest problems in the revamp is currently in the support role aspect.

• Most of the tank powers are under-performing for one reason or another. For example Atomic missing the CC/stun on atom splitter is causing excess damage coming in on the the tank. The NPC's are constantly stunning the tank interrupting the combos which leads to the the aura dropping which makes the tank a squishy healer dependent tank..
    • When that happens its then on the healer to keep the tank and group alive. The HoTs are under-performing compared to the HP pool to properly mitigate the damage and the burst aren't compensating for that either. This creates the need for the spam I mentioned prior. Once you even attempt to spam or God forbid you try to clip your heals you have absolutely no power left which means no more heals for your group and tank. For example with Celestial we already have high power costs for a pure healing loadout not to mention the cost we pay to combo, if you attempt to clip or spam heals well plain and simple it won't end well.
    • This brings me to the trolls. The amount of power they are able to put out is massively lacking especially in comparison to the power costs that healers have. If I apply 3 HoT's one at a 450 power cost and the other 2 300 how do you expect a troll putting out roughly 3k in a dump every 6 seconds to keep up with that? That's assuming the troll is sitting there doing nothing but hitting instant as soon as it comes off of cooldown which isn't fair to ask of them.
    To sum all this up, support roles are in a very bad place overall with power consumption and individual issues in each one, that have been thoroughly stated in each of the power's thread and in this one especially today. You all see the feedback and then no changes are hardly made. This is extremely discouraging to the diligent and loyal testers who have stuck by this to see it through and try to ensure the success of the stats revamp. I'm not trying to be disrespectful when I say this, but the entire development team needs to really sit back and read the feedback closely provided in this thread and the individual power threads. There are plenty of people complaining about the heals, controller role in general, and certain aspects of each tank power. The people complaining aren't doing it to be a pain in your side, but are trying to help better the game and the particular role/power. These are powers that these particular people love and care about how they play and preform. If they didn't love the power they wouldn't even bother commenting. You can look in each thread and tell who those people clearly are. If this type of disregard for testers hard work keeps happening its going to push away the very few testers left, and I don't believe anyone wants that. Support roles are the staples in a group that make it function properly and successfully, so they shouldn't be in the predicaments they are in.
    • Like x 12
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

they can also make power cost % based, for example a 300 ability will cost 10% of ur power pool ,no matter of CR if u have now 1000 power or 10 000 power the cost on the power bar will be the same for the player but the power cost in numbers will increase the higher the CR is for the devs :p

WIN : WIN
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i also think that it should buff your power regen more than it does currently if you are using PFTT style stat...
    it is too low, it just doesn't keep up the higher your gear level gets... and it is getting even worse the higher it will get in the future...
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I dont think you have any Innate Power regen with WM.
    You only regen power from weapon attacks, Im just not sure how much more or less is that compared to someone using Hybrid or Power Mastery.

At second thought, I also not sure if Weapon power regen for Hybrid and WM is also based at Power stat?
  9. supalova20 Well-Known Player

yeah bro I agree....i just dont get it....i remembered before pre-dox my league mates used to call me early morning or hit up our league fb page and let you and everyone know YO IT'S RAID WEEKEND BABY! 1 tank 3dps 2controllers 2healers....everyone was pumped for their role and challenge of the raids like fos1-3 or Kandaq or Gates or Nexus Dox....OMG THE ACTION and adrenaline rush with a teammate helping his bud to give power or give heals to the team....FUN TIMES.....now support is non existent live since am and AM ruined things...soloing is such b.s. it's pathetic and the noob player base are trying to bring that solo scrap to test.....you can't even test loadout lately because no on wants to troll....and you need 2 trolls on test to run and test loadout for raiding.....your stupid if you run with just one troll and heal imo....i truly don't want to give up on DC but my league is dependi g on me to keep them i formed of the testing of the stats on test in ordef for our league's return.....but only if they bring controlling and healing back to non solo status....bruh the way things are looking now for support is not good at all we need options.......i say change support roles back to pre-dox first then let's try that POT button power they created at first....at least it would be a timer for the highest controller with vitilization to throw POT up again and that way it will let him know how much time he and the other troll can debuff do power dump throw shields before 21/22seconds run out then throw POT up again...this is an idea for controllers....not every power you hit now on test activate POT....thats a waste of controller skill and fun...like I said instead of throwing it on a power just make it a choice for troopers to have a separate POT button power or on the power like it originally was.....so new POT power could be a timer or go old school and wait and look to see if the POT BOLT has disappeared on the original power like live is....like I said just throwing ideas out to help trollers get some love...whag you guys think
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

oooh, just what came in my mind too, but you wrote it faster :D however: WRONG
    because then it would make absolutely no sense at all to raise your power bar
  11. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

The active power regen from using a basic weapon attack/combo is also based on power.
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]

This.. Literally all of this.

I don't think it could be said any better, devs.. please give this a good long read.
    • Like x 2
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

last time i checked, you had reduced auto regeneration, reduced but still you had
  14. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Just to write this out.
    Say I have 1000 power pool.
    Say HB solar flame regens 100 power total.
    Passive power regeneration is 4% of your power pool per second if I remember right.

Weapon Mastery Point:
    HB - regens 100 power
    Passive regen - < 4%
    higher weapon damage

Hybrid Mastery Point:
    HB - regens 100 power
    Passive regen - 4%

Power Mastery Point:
    HB - nothing
    Passive regen - > 4%

As you spec for more power, that 4% will increase in actual value (4% of 2000 is higher than 4% of 1000) as will the 100 power from the hb combo. Each weapon combo has a set % of your power pool that it will grant based on the animation time if I remember right. It's treated the same as weapon combo damage.
    • Like x 4
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Still not sure how this hasn't rang or registered as an issue yet.

No one is saying make support super op like they are on live, but Christ sake give them some flexibility and breathing room. Right now they have very little to none.
    • Like x 3
  16. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

I wonder why people think that PftT it is good choice for supports. Battle support does not mean brainless spamming abilities, as most people here are trying to implant. Even more: leave dealing damage for DPS, youare supports, not primary DPSes. So focus on your job instead of scoreboard chasing.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

problem: how much exactly is pftt stat rising that number?
    we can only guess it, but it seems not high enough to make it realy worth loosing the weapon power back, even worse since we get not enough power for higher gear in relation to power costs, and that is an issue there ;)
    wait, hwo said anything about dammage and scoreboard? the problem here is power consume vs power pool!
  18. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I think it was a 15% increase when it got released as a prototype from the comments in the thread, but I can't find anyone mentioning a specific number for what it was changed to when they went live with the current 3 mastery point system.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Your description above of combat and gameplay is very much in line with the goals of the revamp. Below is the opposite, and not in the direction we want to go.

It is very useful for us to see your thoughts spelled out so clearly, so thank you for continuing to engage.
    • Like x 4
  20. Moja Developer

Hey everyone,

I wanted to chime in to try to help us get on the same page with respect to healing, power healing, etc.
    Here are some things players have asked for:
    1. Make Roles more important
    2. Make hard content require 2-2-2-2
    3. Make more challenging content
    4. Remove 1-shots from unavoidable NPC attacks
    Now, some testers seem to be asking for a solo Role able to heal / power heal / tank through difficult content while at baseline stats (low SP, no mods, no generator mods). Basically, infinite power and the ability to constantly spam the highest cost abilities.

The two positions can't be reconciled.

Here are some problems. Let's use Healers as the best example. If a Healer has infinite power to spam max cost heals without interruption, then:
    1. You don't need Controllers to power heal, because you have infinite Power.
    2. You only need 1 Healer, because you're basically full healing the entire party every second. Also, healing becomes super "spammy", which was an issue we addressed in earlier versions of the Revamp.
    3. Your sustained healing vastly outpaces NPC damage, meaning no challenge (you can heal through "stupid" easily). Thus there's no way to provide challenging content.
    4. If we raise NPC damage to match the insane healing throughput this gives, then NPCs one-shot everyone besides the Tank.
    Now a few more points: we are trying to balance the game to provide appropriately challenging content, and to provide choices in play style.

Choices in play style means as a healer, you can focus more of your stats (mods, generator mods, etc.) in power, to gain more sustained healing at the cost of lower burst healing. This will play differently from a healer who focuses exclusively on restoration for higher burst. This does not mean you put 1 point in power mastery and suddenly have unlimited power.

Fun healing in challenging content consists of a mix of sustained and burst healing, and will look sort of like a heart monitor over time (see image below). You have periods of sustained healing, then you respond to a big boss attack with a quick burst of high intensity healing, followed by a recovery period as you shift back into sustained healing. In terms of a rotation, this means you're doing a mix of weapon attacks and your priority heal and four-man heal for sustained healing, unloading your entire bar (maybe even supercharges) for the burst, then rebuilding your power with weapon attacks to be ready for the next spike. Since you don't need to be healing at max efficiency 100% of the time, you will be doing weapon attacks in between heals, which means you should go Hybrid for the better power regen from weapon attacks. DPS on the other hand will always try to be at max performance, hence the support for PftT DPS by adding power to the might stat.

[IMG]

Some last points:
    • At no point in this Revamp have we ever had feedback that groups have been unable to complete raids (because of high power costs or any other reason). Even in PUGS. Even in a 5-1-1-1 composition. If this does happen, it's likely a specific issue with content (NPC's bugged to be invulnerable or 1-shotting players), so please report any abnormally difficult (or easy) content as a bug. For Elite content we expect you to run multiple support roles as needed to beat the content. If you're beating Elites at your level with 5-1-1-1 either your support roles are exceptionally skilled and well equipped, or Elites are too easy :).
    • Power costs scale with the item level of your equipment, which is also the only factor in determining your CR (for now). Mods, Generator Mods, and Skill Points have zero effect on power costs. What these do affect is your Power, and thus your regen, and thus your ability to keep up with higher costs.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.