Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Since the very start of the game, I've never specced into might in troller role - I've always went precision because I'm using my weapon to build power and supercharge; might damage is only coming from me when I throw debuffs. I've also never specced into power because it wasn't needed for me; so it'll be okay as long as the gear continues to provide adequate stats. That's the question - are gear and potentially mods set up to give the adequate power pool for troll role?

As for what I spend my points on as troller - vit, prec and health (with health chosen for survivability, and I usually am the last person standing).
    • Like x 3
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Wider cones, slower super regen and some other good stuff as well. I must say good job this round. Now only if we could fix nature and stop doing confusing things to it...:(
    • Like x 2
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't think anyone would have specced into might previously for a support role, but there will be situations where you may want to going forward.

I'm not terribly familiar with Celestial, but I've heard it said that Celestial healing does some of its healing based on the amount of damage it does. If that's true, they would want to spec into might now (they likely would have specced into precision as the game exists on live), since their tray powers will now be might based instead of precision based.

As for stats on gear, they only stat I know of that we can easily compare against something is dominance. Last night before spending a skill point I had 5677 dom with my AF3 vendor tank gear modded with VIIIs and no generator or league buffs (so base dom just from gear is 5117). This is compared to the suggested dom of 3900 in the Elite raids from the new episode. So I have a feeling something is off there. I wouldn't even need a single piece of gear from the new content, league bonus, or any sp spent towards dom, and day 1 already have more than enough dom for the new episode's hardest content? I've submitted feedback in the Tier 8 thread on this, and hopefully they will take another look at gear stats and raid descriptions across the board.
  4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Awesome!!
    8 Thought Bubbles! Love it!
    What got replaced? I'll have to find out!
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

so many, many, many changes... and i can't else but have to conceide: THEY ALL SOUND LIKE GOOD DESSICIONs!!!!
    needs to get tested ASAP, yet i don't even know where to start... give me a min... GADGETS sounds interesting!!!
    mental still has no combos, i see... well, can't have everything i am suggesting, but most of what i did, actually got implemented :D
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Here's a small but big thing you guys are missing, roleless buffs nerf! As much as I'm looking forward to dusting off my controller armories, I am worried EU villain won't survive.
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

derio told me, but i didn't believe him... however: looking at the alerts in the newest episode, i start to get what he said...!
    roleless buffs are needed, players demanded for them to get away, and the devs have adjusted for something in the middle...
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I want to be absolutely clear on this before certain people jump on me. I am absolutely SICK of dpsing all day every day. I like dpsing a lot, but I like trolling just as much. proud dual roler here. But EU villain is near enough dead in the water, and it's hard putting groups together for stuff as it is. My heroes will embrace this change whole heartedly, I'm just concerned that my villain will be forced into an early retirement.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

guess devs did choose wise when the decission was made to meet in the middle of full buff and zero buff to half buff
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That is true, a compromise is always good but honestly, I think people on here grossly overstate how effective the roleless buffs really are. Even as they are they absolutely do not compare to an actual player using the role. I don't want to campaign too hard over this because as I said, I'm really not going to miss it on hero side. It's just that I'm already down to one villain from three because of time it takes to get groups, and I don't want to lose another. If I could be certain that removing them wouldn't be the final nail in EU villain's coffin, I'd be all for removing it completely.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

we need to get an incentive to play on both sides by making feats accessible via replays on both sides, but only able to earn on one side... that way, ppl would need to run villain side if they wanted the feats for theyr heroes and would be forced to earn them on villain side to buy them over... currently i guess that could save villain side because they would benefit from it no matter what ^^
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yes, roleless buffs are in my mind a less than ideal band aid to the real problem, which is that people stubbonly insist on playing only one half of the game they're paying for. There needs to be incentive for people to play both in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly! i have 7 characters on the villain side, but playing them is painfull because of what we are agreeing on: empty EU server...
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

FAIL REPORT:
    in the movement mode (acrobatics) it is stated for breakout mastery:
    "allows you to recover a small amount of power over time when you use breakout
    in addition to any other movement recovery effect"
    yet there IS no other movement recovery effect anymore, or am i wrong?
    at least, the powers don't tell in theyr describtions that they had such effects at all. do they???
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

i love how the stats menu looks like now!!! well done, very well done, you made my day!
    also thx for implenting the suggestion to take some stats away, i love that you fused might and power!
  16. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Because the other half of the game is behind a pay wall. If everyone had two armories you would see a hell of a lot more roles. Atleast in 4/8mans.
    • Like x 4
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: thank you for making all executioners (35%ers) same by getting rid of all PI's... that was something that realy bugged me!
    also also: are single targets now a valid option to have in a loadout, even in fights against multiple adds? well, that would be AWESOME!
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

one more thing: why do weapon masteries have still (lowered) passive power regen, while power masteries get NO REGENERATION AT ALL from weapons anymore? how is that even fair, more even since weapon mastery also buffs weapon dammage in addition?
    i mean: power mastery should have still (lowered) weapon attacks replenish power anyways... is there something i don't get? someone (devs, please!) explain that to me! maybe weapon mastery should completely take away the passive power back, don't you think?
  19. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

I must have missed that change in the notes when it happened... I haven't tested on any of the now old apparently precision powers like hard light and rage so that explains that.

But it still will effect Earth Tank and Controllers and healers. They don't use powers to do most of their damage... I still don't get the reason for rewarding the might option with free power but not the precision option.
  20. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

It's really about getting more bang for your buck if you want might but if you don't want might your buck doesn't go as far.

Yes gear may or may not have more stats but but a SP spent on precision shouldn't be less valuable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.