Stats Revamp 1.7 - Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Further perspective in why HoTs feel weak right now, our health pools have been increased a lot more in comparison to the live servers, my character with CR201 gear has 35k health roughly as a healer, how are the ticks from the majority of the HoTs supposed to be even remotely useful when the damage incoming is faster then we can react due to cooldowns or low strength?

An example is the final boss in the Ultimate Solider raid, that lightning attack both on live and test does the same fixed amount of damage which roughly feels like 30-40% of someones health bar, you use your burst abilities and unless they crit you aren't really going to be healing people quick enough and due to power costs or cooldowns some power sets aren't going to stand a chance, even with the strongest of HoTs (Still weak for practical use) being Circle of Protection ticks of 1000 for 450 power cost which is half my power bar with a full restoration spec is not going to save anyone.
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Sorcery lacks CC effects big time.
    The only useful ability that stuns is Transmutation and that is just a small localized knockdown.

Devs mentioned they will be restoring some CC effects since they removed too much at the start of the revamp but I dont see anything done to Sorcery in this direction.

Soul Barrage and Soul Bolt should have CC effects even if that means making them with 200 power costs.
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Stepping out of the circle is no longer giving heals and I think this is a huge nerf compared to Live. Stepping into the circle should grant that healing aura like on Live.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cyro Committed Player

Stepping out of the circle should at least give half heals
  5. planetkiller500 Active Player

Any word yet about sorcery 1.8
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

30th June Hotfix - Healing:

I'm really hoping Sorcery will receive a big update when it's ready, HoTs across the board received some much needed attention, thank you for listening :) There are a few issues still which i assume will be updated in the future?

Circle of Protection, the increase in the healing is very nice, we just need to be able to retain the healing effect stepping outside the field as it is on live for reasons given all across this thread.

Soul Well, again the increase in healing is very nice, please now increase the range for it, the healing it gives off is fairly negligible for that range as it is a tiny bit stronger than Consume Souls HoT but Consume Soul has a large initial burst tick and this ability hits everyone at a render distance range. If you intend to to keep this range for Soul Well, that HoT will need to be increased further and possibly allow for 3 stacks once again. The main strength for this ability as I see is to be multiple HoTs at once without taking loadout space but the healing isn't strong enough to justify it's own space right now.

Shard of Life, I saw no changes to this ability at all, the Burst and the HoT remain the same so there may be a bug here?

Further validation for another one of my suggestions previous, please allow ritualistic ward to power the watcher again, making us use sacrificial offering in our load out just inhibits us choosing how we want to play, this is the same thing with the self power regeneration abilities we had early on in the revamp, sacrificial offering is mandatory to make the pet useful in any sort of way and as the pet is now it is not worth it because its limited to targeting four people and the strength of the healing doesn't justify sacrificial offering, take a comparison with Electrics Electroburst, that ability has the same cooldown/power line but the ability is much stronger than the watchers healing and the ability targets 8. The watcher has lost it's render distance healing and has lower strength and also requires 2 load out spaces, it's being outclassed in every single way possible.

Also, please consider my previous suggestions for dealing with the 3 abilities doing pretty much the same thing, shard can stay the same, it just needs to be massively buffed for what it is. Transmutation needs to be put back to how it was on live for variety and soul bolt can just be replaced with Soul Siphon once again

Your balancing rules have been adjusted for every other single power set, in one way or another they break them, please give the consideration for this. (And bring back Soul Siphon too please)

• Like x 1
  7. planetkiller500 Active Player

So how much of an increase did the HoTs receive?
  8. silikyan Well-Known Player

Pet too weak to be useful, on live today we use it because we use ritualistic word to power pet and the pet is strong(despite when uses power to dmg that is pretty annoying). But to use 2 spaces(1 only to power the damn pet) i prefer to run shield and a sc then. Right now is: ritualistic, shard, circle, 1-heal,shield/soul well(both suck), the channeled and sc.
    Circle of protection and shard for their range are weak because it´s limitations. You guys could make shard not around target don´t know if it´s possible on this stage of revamp.
    Still at least testing the healing powers it´s weaker than electric and celestial, more about range issues and set up like soul well that functions weird. Did not test nature yet.

I don´t know if you guys are making the pet weaker to make it not mandatory but 2 slots to be weak is like making mandatory NoT to use it
  9. planetkiller500 Active Player

Idk if shard life will be able to be brought back.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  11. silikyan Well-Known Player

Ok hotfix of today:
    • Shard of Life - In Healer Role, further decreased the damage and increased the healing. Increased the healing radius.
    • Transmutation - In Healer Role, further decreased the damage and increased the healing. Increased the healing radius.
    • Soul Bolt - Increased the healing radius in Healer Role.
    • Soul Siphon - In Healer Role, now deals decreased damage, but causes your target's attacks to heal group members
    What are the new radius values now for these powers?

Ps: nice to see that our concerns regarding range are being listened.
    Circle of protection missing but "ok", it´s a step forward.
  12. planetkiller500 Active Player

Its nice to see shard of life getting love, but i would also want to see circle of protection get some love too.
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Sorcery should have at least 1 ranged aoe burst 300 powercost dps power.

and the pets of sorcery and earth should be balanced...

• Like x 1
  14. Celestial Powers Committed Player

July 7th Hotfix - Healing:

I'm going to start off with the negatives, Soul Siphon, why? Why have you made it like this? You've basically turned it into Live Bad Karma except it doesn't proc off every attack which basically means it's extremely inconsistent to use and extremely weak, no one in their right mind would use this, Soul Bolt is better than this and I considered Soul Bolt to being Sorcery's worst ability. Please please please, just revert the functionality of it how it is on live.

You stated in your very first post that you removed the Bad Karma healing because it provided passive bonuses to healing, the way you made Soul Siphon function is exactly that, I'm passively hoping that it heals, applying bad karma seems to be the only bonus in sight and it's not even a bonus for healers anymore.

Soul Siphon again ends up suffering from range issues because of how you designed it meaning it's just another version of Shard, Transmutation and Soul Bolt just in a different delivery system but if the delivery system was hijacked by aliens and ended up getting dissected.

If you need to be hit to receive the healing, well whose going to get hit? The tank, how else do shard and the other two heal? By hitting the enemy with it to which the tank and mainly the tank will only ever end up being near (Not that much now due to the increased ranges, I'll get into that). But I have four abilities in Sorcery now doing the same thing :(

Shard of Life, the increased range helps immensely here, I am still going to talk about healing strength still, the burst heal I think is fine, the HoT desperately needs an increase, I've already said this before with HoTs being too low, this is now one of them that is way too low, it should not be healing as low as pheromones or divine lights HoTs because shard is still limited by range, anything limited by range needs to be much stronger than abilities that can apply the healing effects much more easily, if you don't want to increase the HoTs please just reduce the cooldown to 3s, this allows things limited by range to be used more frequently to allow us to manage the inconsistencies due to it.

For Transmutation, similar to Shard, if you don't want to increase the strength of it, If anything remove the knock up for the healing side to increase it's strength further. But I've read other posts that Sorcery lacks CC effects. In which case a strength increase or a cooldown reduction without any downside is needed because of range.

Also for Shard, the HoT increases are needed because otherwise Transmutation will also be used instead due to the lower cooldown, the numbers are very similar for the burst component but due to cooldown I see no reason to use shard over it because I can deliver more effective heals in the same area shard does in half the time.

Lastly, I'm still echoing the changes I've mentioned previously to Circle, Soul Well and the Watcher/Ritualistic Word which I don't want to repeat because I'm sure you're tired of reading them but they need to happen for Sorcery to be competitive versus it's counterparts.
    • Like x 3
  15. planetkiller500 Active Player

Yes please look into pets being balanced, earth too.
  16. McShotzz Well-Known Player

From the very small amount of time ive used fury on test i rarely see him use his 2nd hard hitter(name escapes me atm). He only seems to use transmutate whereas crystal still cycles between epicenter and striking stones. Just wondering if others are seeing this or it was an isolated incident.
  17. Aggro Well-Known Player

There's more going on with sorcery then just pet difference.

Mostly all 3s and 6s cool down powers are not hitting as hard as let's say, earth's 3s cooldown powers. What do I mean?

Tectonic break vs 3 sparring targets hit for 14k-18k crits on each target correct?

Name one 3s or 6s cooldown that can go over 13k that sorcery has.

Majority of the powers number difference is to low, now I'm not saying all of its powers lack harder hitting moves, but if u can compare it to all the dps powers sorcery is lacking at least 2 powers that can reach the same numbers has the rest.

Comparing this power to other heal powers this 1 needs to be looked at. On a dps point of view.

#SorceryNeedsSomeLove
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Right now, Soul Well is far superior to Totem. I will try to find like abilities between cooldown, cost, PI etc, and do comparison parses.
  19. planetkiller500 Active Player

Yes it would be nice to see the comparison.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I did some quick comparisons between Earth and Sorc. I did not include CoD or SW in these because I previously calculated these. Since you can have 2 SW out for every Totem, it clearly beats Totem. Right now, Debris Field in Earth is underperforming CoD by a decent amount.

[IMG]

Soul I used Soul Siphon for PI applicator. I cast it 45 times. I estimate I cast Rumble Crush 35 times. Despite this, I believe Soul Siphon is a stronger PI applicator than. I'm going to go back and double check this though because I'm not sure if Earthen Grip is a better analog to Soul Siphon.

I missed up Shard of Life because I think I might have cut short some of the parses because the ticks actually continue after the cooldown. Tectonic Break is a strong burst for Earth but the overall damage between these two abilities is really close. I will double check this as well. I wanted to post what I have because I don't want to go through and retest the next abilities.

Karmic Backlash vs Localized Tremor. These abilities are essentially the same except LT leverages a PI and KB does not. So the damage between these is consistent. Approx 10% more on LT.

Soul Barrage vs. Shards. First of all, Soul Barrage is 5 ticks and Shards is 3 ticks, so that's why Shards' individual ticks are higher. Soul Barrage is clearly a winner here.

Transmutation vs Striking Stones. Transmutation is clearly lacking behind here. Edit: I just did notice that Trans is a PI applicator.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.